Okay guys, lets figure out how to stop a tornado?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
That is some crazy sh!t happening in the mid-west. It got me thinking, how does one go about stopping a tornado?

Here is a basic explanation of how a tornado works.

Would you heat up the air, cool down the upper atmosphere? Shoot a stream of hot air at it? What?

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
I had the idea a while ago of setting off an explosion right near one that is forming to disrupt the air and so keep it from forming. Not real practical though.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I officially retract my "Throw rocks at it" comment. I feel that the most effective way to prevent a tornado is to pass legislation. Who's with me?

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
You guys better watch it, its against the law to do so.. Changing the weather in any way shape or form has been illegal under international law for a very long time.. I'll find a link in a few minutes..

Ladies Man

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
lots of cold air....

hot air is rising... the more thermals or rising hot air makes more thunder clouds and such.....

zsouthboy

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: lirion
I officially retract my "Throw rocks at it" comment. I feel that the most effective way to prevent a tornado is to pass legislation. Who's with me?

/me loves pork barrels.... hmm

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Sluggo
Tax the crap out of it, it seems to kill everything else.
Actually, apparently tax cuts are the answer to all our problems, so maybe we should try that. Just drop a $300 rebate check in the middle of the tornado and see if that solves the problem :D

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Drop enough members of Congress into it and all the hot air generated should solve the problem.... and if it doesnt, it would still solve one problem

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'll bet that a mid-air hydrogen bomb detonation would probably do the trick! Nothing like a little nuclear fusion reaction to heat up the upper atmosphere! :)

Of course, the "cure" is worse than the disease, put no one said these suggestions had to be practical!

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
I know how to stop a tornado- get the hell out of its way and let it stop when it wants to stop.

beatniks3

Apr 14, 2000
this just in....bush administration suspects that recent tornados in the heart of the country are the foul workings of terrorists. clouds are now being armed with sidearms to prevent tornados from occuring. hehe