Ok, sooo.......

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
lol Join the club. :)

Ok..... I'll be -hopefully- going to bed soon. I'll do my best to remember to check this either later (if I don't actually fall asleep) or tomorrow. Y'all take it easy. It was nice getting to catch up with ya. :D

Come over here...let me cop a feel...I'll tell you if you feel...old or not...
aag.thumb.gif

Glad to hear life has been decent for you. Keep enjoying as much of it as you can. You just never know.

BoomerD remains ATOT's dirty old man...and sexy senior citizen. :p

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Man looking at some of the join dates and usernames is making me feel old...I joined here when I was in high school...I’m in my 30’s now...it’s been a minute. Lol

Reactions: zinfamous

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ah yes, I do remember what it was like to have that rare women on an predominantly male nerdy Internet forum back in the early aughts.

The creepiness of this forum has dwindled since then. A lot of things have dwindled.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I don't think I know you but you seem to be buds with many posters I'm familiar with so yeah, welcome back.

So many references to things that mirror my own life too, from you and others, damn I'm feeling old just as an observer!

Good luck on that hip. Major changes to the legs, always serious. My mother had both of her knees replaced, I might be heading that way myself.

Dr Pizza, head on back anytime buddy

Reactions: Captante

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
An old timer is back. Glad to see you back. How are things in the Ozark mountains? I was there (Northwest of Arkansas) not too long ago. Beautiful area, wide open space.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
There's no way I can individually quote everyone right now. I mean, I guess there is, but he's driving his rig and I'm trying to type while bouncing away in the passenger seat. Arkansas was pretty. We've been through Texas, and now we're going through Oklahoma. I'm so ready to get out of this thing. lol

Boomer... always trying to cop a feel where he can. Gotta love him. :) And yeah, I was one of the very few women to regularly post on here way back when. I was surprised to see anyone on here that I recognize now. And happy to see that the forums are still around. (Even with all the ads now....God, those are irritating!)

I was told by the orthopedic surgeon that if my hip was a tire, there's still some tread on it. WTF? lol He said to wait until it was interfering with every area of my life. I was thinking... "Uh, it is now!" But, we'll see. After this trip, it's really making me see how bad it really is. My mom had both hips done a couple years ago. It's a major undertaking. So.... we'll see.

Ok, I'll try to check this again after we stop for the night. I don't even know if I replied to everyone. I'm doing great just with this. Normally, I can't even look down to read while I'm a passenger without getting sick. I'd say so far so good, but I don't want to push it. lol

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yeah don't hurl on our account.

If vertigo starts kicking in, close one eye. Turning off your stereoscopic vision temporarily tends to even your keel.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh my, a gurl!

he's driving his rig and I'm trying to type while bouncing away in the passenger seat.

o_O :cocktail:

But yeah, if your hip is that bad, you might need to tell your bae over there to upgrade the suspension on that rig or install some comparable solution within the seat...cause that kind of bouncing ain't really good for you, considering that's a what, ~12 hour/day experience, doing that job?

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Yeah don't hurl on our account.

If vertigo starts kicking in, close one eye. Turning off your stereoscopic vision temporarily tends to even your keel.
I've never heard that trick for vertigo. I've got chronic from having radiation years ago, so that might just come in handy. Thank you. :)

Oh my, a gurl!

o_O :cocktail:

But yeah, if your hip is that bad, you might need to tell your bae over there to upgrade the suspension on that rig or install some comparable solution within the seat...cause that kind of bouncing ain't really good for you, considering that's a what, ~12 hour/day experience, doing that job?
We have just about 600 miles to go tomorrow, then that will be all for me. I just wanted to go out with him once. My hip is bad, but the arthritis in my back bugs me just as much. Sometimes it's a trade-off between the two. lol I tell ya, I'm falling apart! :oops: haha I think he has an 11-hour drive time. We just parked for the night. I think we're in Muskogee, OK.

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Geekbabe! Holy fuck, I wondered if you were still on here. Hi, sweetie. How the hell are y'all?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Damn. Some old names here. I am popping my head in for the first time since 2019. Hard to believe I first came here some 20-21 years ago! Some great times.

I hope you Lifers are doing well out there. I am 41 now. Feeling very middle aged but hanging in there, so far.

Be well, y'all.

• Wow
Reactions: brianmanahan

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Damn. Some old names here. I am popping my head in for the first time since 2019. Hard to believe I first came here some 20-21 years ago! Some great times.

I hope you Lifers are doing well out there. I am 41 now. Feeling very middle aged but hanging in there, so far.

Be well, y'all.

i feel like i'm 35 going on 60!

i should force myself to exercise 15 minutes for every post i make on here...
jZGgghi.png

holy crap, if i did that i'd be more ripped than alky

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
GTaudiophile - I do believe I recognize that name. 😊 Hope you've been well, man.

I've been back in California now since January 10th. Our hopes is to get me moved out there with him at the end of spring/beginning of summer. I really fucking hate moving. Really, really..... REALLY hate moving. It's for a great reason, though. 😁 Lol