ok my video stutter with the gtx460

shangshang

May 17, 2008
stutter when playing video .iso files. Some movies worse than others; a few movies don't stutter. The stuttering occurs in PowerDVD and Video Lan player. It stutters with or without hardware acceleration.

This doesn't seem to happen if I replace the gtx460 with the 6850.
I didn't get this when I was using an Nvidia 8400 series card, nor the Quadro NVS 290 either.
Only seems to happen on the gtx460. I'm using the latest 260 series drivers.

Anyone has this issue with movies with respect to the gtx460?

I'm using Win7 x64.

Last edited:

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I have 2 GTX 460 1GB and I have the same problem as y'all. Our cards are still relatively new and we've only had a coupla drivers. I believe that new drivers will eventually fix our problems.

shangshang

May 17, 2008
umm I feel better now.. in knowing it was probably not a defective card.. nor was it my system... but most likely a drivers issue it seems.

Wondering if this issue is not just limited to the 460 but to the 5xx series cards as well? man I hope so... so NV can address it asap!

(..good to know.. that i'm not imagining things because of too much alcohol on new year's eve!)

Last edited:

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have SLI 460's and do not have this issue. I use media player for playback of videos in windows, I use VLC under linux and dont have the issue with either so perhaps it is a software issue with windows or the playback software. Im using the 260.99 drivers under windows, not sure about the driver version under linux.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
I have 2 GTX 460 1GB and I have the same problem as y'all. Our cards are still relatively new and we've only had a coupla drivers. I believe that new drivers will eventually fix our problems.
the GTX460 is relatively new? :|

More like 6 months old...

OP, hardware acceleration maybe?

shangshang

May 17, 2008
This happens with or without hardware acceleration.

hmm I'm using a 775 board, I wonder if it's just related to some 775 boards????

But FalseChristian above list his system spec as having an nvidia 750i board and he's having the same issue.

damn this sucks since i watch movies more than I play games.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
This happens with or without hardware acceleration.

hmm I'm using a 775 board, I wonder if it's just related to some 775 boards????

But FalseChristian above list his system spec as having an nvidia 750i board and he's having the same issue.

damn this sucks since i watch movies more than I play games.
750i is still socket 775.

shangshang

May 17, 2008
it's hard for me to believe that NV did not test this out with the most popular socket (775) when they made this chip. Just no freakin way could they have not tested it thoroughly with many socket 775 mobos.

I'm gonna put another totally different x48 based mobo in from a different make and reinstall Win7 x64. And if this still happens, then this gtx460 is going back to Microcenter. I like the 460 to go with my 42" 1080p lcd for gaming, but sadly I watch movies more on this lcd so if it stutters in movies, it's no bueno!

narsnail

Jul 30, 2010
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=333572

Could be the mobo, could be drivers as well? Try these 265.90 Quadro drivers, modded INF is available at that link as well. I am using these on my GTX 460 1GB and they are the MOST stable drivers I have ever used. Not one game or video related crash, even fixed the driver reset issue in DOW II.

Anyways, give these a try, im not sure if it will fix the issues but it is worth a try.

shangshang

May 17, 2008
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=333572

Could be the mobo, could be drivers as well? Try these 265.90 Quadro drivers, modded INF is available at that link as well. I am using these on my GTX 460 1GB and they are the MOST stable drivers I have ever used. Not one game or video related crash, even fixed the driver reset issue in DOW II.

Anyways, give these a try, im not sure if it will fix the issues but it is worth a try.

thanks. will give it a run