Ok GUYS I got my stuff!!..Can someone help me real quick with ASUS P800 SETTINGS to OC??

DarkFudge2000

Dec 11, 2000
Guys I just got the entire system up and running beautifully at default speeds but now I could use a little OC'ing help to push this thing higher

I currently have a ASUS PTC 800 C Deluxe MB ( 875 Springdale chipset )
a 2.6 Pentium4 800mhz with a Thermalright 92 HS and a 80mm case fan mounted on top of it.

I have a Thermaltake ATX case with 5 Fans
I have Buffalo PC3700 RAM 512x2 for a total of 1 GHZ
I have a SATA Maxtor 120gb 7200 drive
and a Lite On 52x CDRW drive

I basically used the overclock 10% , 20% feature settings in the BIOS but I'd rather manually configure everything like the FSB timings and such but I could use a little help so I dont make any mistakes and screw things up...anyone interested in just perhaps listing briefly the steps in the BIOS I should try and change to push this thing over 3.0ghz?

with the AUTO 5% overclock setting in the Bios my CHip temp is pretty stable at 8-9 degrees C and the System Case reports about 25 degrees C. SO is that pretty cool with a 5% OC?

thanks if you guys can give me a step by step bios tweak guide for this Motherboard or at least point me to a site that could help me with some of the settings

ALso Is my RAM set for DUAL CHANNEL? I have the 2 CHips plugged into the 1st bank ( one chip in the blue and one chip in the black ) Is this optimal?

Also my Bios reads my SATA drive as the PRIMARY 3 Drive and doesnt find a PRimary 1 or 2 IDE on bootup. And the Bios reads my Lite On CDRW drive as the secondary SLAVE. ( I basically have this Drive as the only drive plugged in on the IDE cable and the jumpers set to CS cable select ) ......... Is this ok or Optimal?

thanks if anyone can spend a few minutes to help out!!

Betauser

Sep 19, 2003
damn that's like gazillion questions u got there :D j/p

1) overclocking-try changing ur cpu fsb bit by bit.
-go for 210 fsb, then try going to windows, if it worked, then worked ur way up till it'unstable.
2) make sure ur agp/pci are fixed or locked to 66/33
3) put ur ram as manual not auto by cpu. and live as it is right now prolly it's 1:1 right now.
4) try ur ram for tight timings 2.5 2 2 6(if that doesn work, then relax it a little bit) and alos whats the rating on ram right now.. so you have to figure that out..
5) repeat # 1
6) if your system isnt stable, try putting some juice on ur cpu core and ram.

about ur drives, make sure you put ur jumpers into their designated pins.. hope that helps a little bit.. since im not really good on explaining things :p good luck!

DarkFudge2000

Dec 11, 2000
Beta you have been a great help and I will try that...if you or anyone else has the actual ASUS PT800 C board can tell me the exact menus and settings to change I would appreciate it. I understand what you said to do in the BIOS, but I just wanted to know the exact menu items that pertain to this specific mb where I can follow your suggestions

thanks!

Betauser

Sep 19, 2003
yup, unfortunately i dont own one asus board :( good luck and hopefully some1 can help you.