Ok, best low cost digital camcorder

Token Joe

Nov 23, 1999
what do you think? I want to get digital camcorder, I want the best picture quality in ultra compact package. I can't seem to find any good review sites? Help.

oldfart

Lifer
Dec 2, 1999
I have the ZR40. Very nice camcorder. Very small, and has plenty of features. For the $$, it's a great choice.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
i've got a sharp wd 250u.

amazon reviews say its a piece of pure garbage, but well i guess there were a lot of problems with initial batches of it, since those were really delicate and jammed easily.

i dunno i got mine for $320 refurbed by sharp.

26x optical zoom
color LCD and color viewfinder

not to mention it has analog IN not just analog out, so i can hook it up to firewire and digitize analog things (no need for a PCI vid capture card this way).

only bad is the CCD is only 460k, where most cams have 600k or more, hi8 is usually 270k by comparison and most people think thats good. you cant really tell for most videos the difference unless you had really good lighting, trippod etc. cam also has IR filter mode, which actually works in the dark for infrared.

Token Joe

Nov 23, 1999
Well I guess with digital I'm thinking the $500 - $600 range. alot of people like the cannon zr45 or 40. I was also looking at the panansonic pv252, it has 640 K ccd, thinking maybe better picture? Still wondering about a good review site for camcorders.