OK!.........All you OLD DC FARTS! Time to come out of hidding.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Just passing through... I missing running the stats site I had up for a while, but alas time changes priorities!

As an aside, I have a machine that I need to stress test for a week or so, so if anyone wants some extra cycles for a project that is an easy setup, will happily run on Win7, and will beat the bejeezus out of my CPU, give me a shout with the necessary information and I'll set it up sometime this weekend.

Geoff

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
PrimeGrid will test your CPU hard. (It's very similar to Prime95.) To test just the CPU, set it up like for the race linked in my sig. To test the CPU less and RAM more, you might want to select a sub-project like Woodall or The Riesel Problem instead.

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ok... set up my work machine just to check it out... adding another some time this weekend. Thanks!

Geoff

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Hi guys :)

Oh btw, my RL friend Stuart aka Darkone tried to log in & say hello here (to those that remember him ;)), but he couldn't as it seems someone has either taken his name or it's been blocked.

Joined AT forums Nov 99 & crunched SETI since Oct 99.
My main rig (at least) has been crunching 24/7 since nearly then!
Currently running F@H on it & have been for 2-3yrs I think, since I switched from DPAD. DPAD runs on my 2nd rig & a friends rig sporadically.
AFAIK SETI is only running on my sons & dads rig atm, I'm getting the itch to switch back to it on my main rig though.
Oh also sporadically running MW@H on my main rigs GPU.

Don't often go on any forums recently, but when I do it's more often here http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f18/ (I have an e46 330d + I'm a mechanic). Feel free to PM me here of there if you wanta grab my attention! :)

Does it count if I quietly squeeze out an old fart, or do I have to really let it rip and shake the windows?
Lol! :D

.....oh & I'll never be old ;)

Soggy
Lol (@ old & waking up, hmm which of a dozen DCs was it?;)).

Rattledagger
LOl :D

Crazee
Good one :D

BMC
I thought F@h had some kind of results recently? Although my memory is rather hazy about it now, check out their site.

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
I just realized that tomorrow, I'll have joined these forums exactly 6 years ago. It seems like yesterday in some ways, and forever ago in others. How the old guys are REALLY old now :p and I've been around as long as the "old" guys when I joined.

StitchExperimen

Feb 14, 2012
I remember GeoffS back in early 2000's I use to be muttley__ till end of 2004. separation/divorce put a kibosh on things, had a small linux farm.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
:thumbsup: for a great thread. It is cool to see the old timers trot out... You were doing DC while I was in high school... and before I even had my own PC ;)

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
I thought F@h had some kind of results recently? Although my memory is rather hazy about it now, check out their site.

A small sign of getting old :)

I have a great memory, to bad it's short.

Good to see you around too Assimilator1. Been a while.....

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
A small sign of getting old :)

I have a great memory, to bad it's short.

Good to see you around too Assimilator1. Been a while.....

And some of us old timers have something shorter...... beside memory ;)

For those interested, Smoke PM'D me ...I think.....Any way He said to say High to all.

Most of you know Smoke and he don't usually complain about 'Nuttin, (slang) but , As I do....it's the aches and pains of old age. Don't think you guy's are going to get a free ride....He's keeping tabs on all of you.

So......lets get the numbers up.... Get crunching you guy's and gal's!

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
There is an old saying: For men the memory is the second thing to go. I can't remember what the first one is.

Darkone2

Mar 3, 2013
Hi guys :)

Oh btw, my RL friend Stuart aka Darkone tried to log in & say hello here (to those that remember him ;)), but he couldn't as it seems someone has either taken his name or it's been blocked.

Awight Muck... ended up having to sign up for a new account :(

Howdy old timers! Oh how we had fun with Seti 10 odd years back... I wish i had the same sort of access to hardware to have "fun" with now.. at one point having 100 Sun workstations running Seti was a heck of a lot to manage, but fun all the same ;)

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
at one point having 100 Sun workstations running Seti was a heck of a lot to manage, but fun all the same

Wow, that's a bunch to be managing. I have had problems with 6 rigs let alone.......uh, now I forgot what I was going to say :rolleyes:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Loved doing SoB daily stats back in the day. Looking at getting back into the game to some extent soon. Would love to get into the top 100 and then dabble in new projects.

BGod

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's been a while since I've seen some of these names in my rearview mirror as I raced Jator in RC5-64. Still doing RC5-72 but for a different team. Lurking, but not too often any more. Real life caught up with me.

Cienja

Aug 27, 2007
www.inconsistentbabble.com
I wasn't part of the distributed community until '07, but I am part of the "old timers" crowd. I lurk on a regular basis, but thought I'd post here as I recently built a new machine and have changed WCG teams back to TeAm AnandTech. I used to log in regularly to see my weekly stats and to see if I made any milestones, but rarely to I post. It's good to be back, however.

:)

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Old-timer reporting in!

Much has happened in my life the past few years. Got married to a wonderful woman and we celebrate 4 years next week! :)

Sold a house and bought another house with more property and space(2nd separate garage) for radio-astronomy projects.

And the wife & I are starting the adoption process as we really want to be parents (the traditional process hasn't been working.)

Still crunching Einstein@Home for the TeAm under the credentials of "Grand Rapids Radio Observatory".

Fond memories of IRC, UT, lan parties & general DC banter!

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
hi guys. been here a long time and i still have no idea what's going on in teh BBQ thread

<--- been doing seti and other projects since 1998ish

lane42

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
under the credentials of "Grand Rapids Radio Observatory

So that's who that is :D