Ohio State Goes Down!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ksheets

Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: venkman
Dear T. Pryor,

Thank you for choosing tOSU over Michigan.

With love,

R. Tate Forcier and the Michigan Wolverine fanbase

:heart:

Im a Buckeye fan, but this actually made me laugh.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: ksheets
Originally posted by: venkman
Dear T. Pryor,

Thank you for choosing tOSU over Michigan.

With love,

R. Tate Forcier and the Michigan Wolverine fanbase

:heart:

Im a Buckeye fan, but this actually made me laugh.

+ Denard Robinson + Devin Gardner (3 stud QBs next year...LOL) = yay.

Now if only we could sign a secondary...I'll take just DTs, even.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Jadow
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
As I've said before, the Big Ten is awful.

The Big Ten isn't awful, they just have several decent teams and on any given saturday...

The SEC, ACC, and Big 12 always have one or two good teams and 10 chumps. The Big Ten always has 7-8 competitive teams and just a couple bottom dwellers.

Not saying that the best in the Big 10 is better than a team like Florida, just saying the Big 10 is a tough place to play.

The Big Ten is awful.

notposting

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2005
I would love some outdoor bowl games up north. Big-10 teams (and Big-12 too for that matter) generally have to be prepared for the late-October/November cold/rain/snow/mud games. I would love to see some of these sissy southern teams come up to, say, Soldier Field in Chicago on January 1st and play. Try catching the ball with your frozen hands and have your quick speedy teams make cuts in the frozen muck. If you even come out of the tunnel, that is.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: notposting
I would love some outdoor bowl games up north. Big-10 teams (and Big-12 too for that matter) generally have to be prepared for the late-October/November cold/rain/snow/mud games. I would love to see some of these sissy southern teams come up to, say, Soldier Field in Chicago on January 1st and play. Try catching the ball with your frozen hands and have your quick speedy teams make cuts in the frozen muck. If you even come out of the tunnel, that is.
We (Big Ten fans) agree!

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: edro
Originally posted by: notposting
We (Big Ten fans) agree!

This is the only way a playoff system would be fair, stop letting those southern schools play home games every damn bowl. Youd have to rotate through places like New England, Cleveland Browns Stadium, Soldier field, maybe even Lambo field, lol.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: jjsole
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
As I've said before, the Big Ten is awful.

It's not their best year, but every year people discount them and yet so many of their teams kick @ss and rank high. Granted they have a tough time against the top SEC teams in bowl games, but everyone does and that's hardly fail imo.
USC does alot to make the big ten look bad, not to mention its own conference.

they get to hoard all the best west coast talent

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
how many national titles does USC have in the BCS system?

how many national titles does Ohio St. have in the BCS system?

How bad did Washington look this year, and Oregon St last year, against USC?

It's cyclical - 7 or 8 years ago the big 10 was clearly the best conference - Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn St. were all top 10-12 programs. Michigan and WI are in a downward trend right now, and yes, Ohio St has had some tough losses in big games in the past 3 seasons - but the USC game this year, and the Texas game last year - were both fantastic games that either team could have won.

Agree completely that this loss to Purdue is awful, and they really need to figure out how they want to use Pryor - I say let him play to his strengths, and stop trying to make him a traditional QB.

Where is all of the negative commentary - similar to what Tressel is currently getting - on Bob "I'm smarter than you" Stoopes? Have you checked out Oklahoma's record in big games in the past 4-5 years?