Ohio State Goes Down!

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
Yay Purdue.

And yes, of course, Go Blue!

That is all - Back to your regularly scheduled neffing. :)

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Analog
Yay Purdue.

I used to respect you Analog :(

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Go BLUE? wtf... dude your team is a POS and OSU will demolish the "BLUE" later this year... at ann arbor.

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by: xeemzor
Originally posted by: Analog
Yay Purdue.

I used to respect you Analog :(

You'll respect me again in the morning. Promise. ;)

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
As I've said before, the Big Ten is awful.

The Big Ten isn't awful, they just have several decent teams and on any given saturday...

The SEC, ACC, and Big 12 always have one or two good teams and 10 chumps. The Big Ten always has 7-8 competitive teams and just a couple bottom dwellers.

Not saying that the best in the Big 10 is better than a team like Florida, just saying the Big 10 is a tough place to play.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Jadow

The Big Ten isn't awful, they just have several decent teams and on any given saturday...

The SEC, ACC, and Big 12 always have one or two good teams and 10 chumps. The Big Ten always has 7-8 competitive teams and just a couple bottom dwellers.

Not saying that the best in the Big 10 is better than a team like Florida, just saying the Big 10 is a tough place to play.

QFT

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

last year like 8/11 teams from the big ten were ranked at some point. The big ten doesn't have any dukes/baylors/etc

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

You know, that's fairly accurate. The shame is that only the top, perhaps, 2 teams from a conference go to play in the post season and then the best of the big ten tend to lose to the best of the SEC (or whomever), which makes the Big Ten look overall weak. I do suppose, though, that the middle/bottom of the Big 10 would probably beat the middle/bottom of the other conferences.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
very disappointed by this loss. I'm no Buckeye fan but this was really weaakkkkkkk

Yongsta

Mar 6, 2005

You know, that's fairly accurate. The shame is that only the top, perhaps, 2 teams from a conference go to play in the post season and then the best of the big ten tend to lose to the best of the SEC (or whomever), which makes the Big Ten look overall weak. I do suppose, though, that the middle/bottom of the Big 10 would probably beat the middle/bottom of the other conferences.

Pretty close:

Taking out Alabama and Florida, SEC:
Tennessee
South Carolina
LSU
Georgia
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Auburn

Taking out Ohio State and Iowa, Big 10:
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Purdue
Indiana
Northwestern
Minnesota

Taking out Texas and Oklahoma State, Big 12:
Nebraska
Iowa State
Missouri
Kansas
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Baylor
Texas A&M
Colorado
Oklahoma

Taking out Virginia Tech and Miami, ACC:
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Boston College
Maryland
Virginia
Duke
North Carolina
Clemson
Wake Forest
North Carolina State

I would probably take SEC and then Big 10 out of those groups.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Dear T. Pryor,

Thank you for choosing tOSU over Michigan.

With love,

R. Tate Forcier and the Michigan Wolverine fanbase

:heart:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000

It's not their best year, but every year people discount them and yet so many of their teams kick @ss and rank high. Granted they have a tough time against the top SEC teams in bowl games, but everyone does and that's hardly fail imo.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: abaez
Man, is Terrelle Pryor a bust or what. Sheesh.

You steal from people I steal from people we kill people I kill people they touch people I touch football I love lamp.

Yeah he's awesome.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: jjsole

It's not their best year, but every year people discount them and yet so many of their teams kick @ss and rank high. Granted they have a tough time against the top SEC teams in bowl games, but everyone does and that's hardly fail imo.
USC does alot to make the big ten look bad, not to mention its own conference.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: jjsole

USC does alot to make the big ten look bad, not to mention its own conference.

They've been on a helluva role. I still haven't forgiven them for beating Northwestern in the '96 Rose Bowl either...fvcking Keyshawn Johnson. :frown:

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Originally posted by: abaez
Man, is Terrelle Pryor a bust or what. Sheesh.

You steal from people I steal from people we kill people I kill people they touch people I touch football I love lamp.

Yeah he's awesome.

:laugh:

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I miss Anthony Gonzalez, AJ Hawk, Ted Ginn, Troy Smith... :(

But... every team has their bad days.

OSU is still one of the best football programs in the nation.

OSU has more players in the NFL than any other.

EDIT: Almost...

NFL Players by College
LSU - 41
Texas - 41
Miami - 40
OSU - 38
USC - 38
Tennessee - 34
Michigan - 32

gwai lo

Sep 29, 2004
man i was on campus working on a project instead of being at the game and look what i miss >:|