Ohio police flash bang 17 month old as they breach the wrong home

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

'An Ohio mother is demanding an investigation because, she says, a mistaken police raid caught on a doorbell camera injured her little boy.

Dozens of police officers targeted her aunt's home in a Cleveland suburb last Wednesday. The woman said a flash-bang explosion blew out a window right next to her son, who was on a ventilator at the time...

...The Elyria Police Special Response Team said it was executing a search warrant for a minor connected to a burglary. Ring video captured the raid as the police broke down the front door...

...Price said Waylon was hospitalized with burns to his body, and was covered in glass and smoke. "His diagnosis is chemical pneumonitis from the chemicals in the flash-bang," Price said...

...Price's aunt, Redia Jennings, has rented this home for a year. She said the police have come multiple times searching for a suspect that didn't live there, and she says she doesn't feel safe anymore.'
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, I wouldn't feel safe either. I don't understand how the police wouldn't learn after multiple trips to the wrong property, and stop harrasing the tenants there. On top of that...a SWAT team using flashbangs for a minor alleged to be connected to a burglary? Overkill, much? WTF.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
You would think basic reading would be a requirement to be a police officer..

eg reading the warrant and a map and make sure the address lines up correctly.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Seems like they had the address correct(numerous times!) but weren't aware that the actual current renters had changed.

Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Seems like they had the address correct(numerous times!) but weren't aware that the actual current renters had changed.
That's what I mean though, and it shouldn't have been any different outcome as if they had gone to the wrong address numerous times. They should have already established (numerous times) that the current tenants were no longer the people they had frequented the home for in the past. Pure incompetence.

• Love
Reactions: iRONic

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I hate this the more I read and look at body camera footage
These smiling smug aholes 'heroes, 10 at least' for a a minor CONNECTED to a burglary.
Police say 'No chemical intrusion happened' really cause the kids crib was right beside the window you blew in and a flash bang uses chemistry to make that happen, yeah it wasn't tear gas if that is the cookie you are looking for. . .
Heavy SWAT looking for somebody they have been told 5X did not reside there AND trash the house. Normally I am pro law, but this. . . . I hope she gets a fck load of money

Last edited:

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
Police in AmeriKKKa have to be the dumbest. motherfukers around. You get this when the requirements are a high school diploma, six weeks at the police academy, and field training—the police in AmeriKKKa cosplay as the military.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
This would never have happened if the kid was issued a gun at birth. I mean, 17 months is enough to practice your aim so you can protect yourself, right?

Reactions: dank69