OH NO!!!!!!! ITS DIEING!!!!!

Buzzman151

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
My monitor is about ready to take a crap on me :( Text is getting a little fuzzy, its making a "clicking" noise" and horizontal lines are running up and down the screen :/ Any good ideas to give it a proper burial when it finallly kicks the bucket? :D

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Uh huh... sure. I know you just want to buy yourself a new monitor for christmas... tsk tsk... :p

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
put it in a compactor. we had one at sears, and the noise it makes is siiiiiiiick. like a mini-explosion.

it was depressing having to throw out perfectly good monitors and tvs. they wouldnt even let us take them home, or donate them. stupid company.

i wont talk about what happend to them after we were closed, some of them escaped before getting thrown out

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
BTW, how can you ask for used equipment for free? Like some companies try and give away their stuff before throwing the away. How would you go about asking?

amdwolfman

Dec 25, 2001
put it in a compactor. we had one at sears, and the noise it makes is siiiiiiiick. like a mini-explosion.

How recent is this policy from Sears?. And, is it in Canada as well do you know?

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
Here's a thought! Ever see what they do to the copy machine in Office Space? hehehe... I always wanted to try that!

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: JoLLyRoGer
Here's a thought! Ever see what they do to the copy machine in Office Space? hehehe... I always wanted to try that!

not a good idea, CRTs are under pressure.

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001

my friends and i did that to a printer once... first we dropped it down five stories though! fun!

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Join the club, my 21" crapped out on me about a month ago, the replacement I got in the mail case was broken, waiting on the replacement of the replacement now, and tonight there were some power surges at my girlfriend's house and her monitor is blown. :frown:

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: MeanMeosh

my friends and i did that to a printer once... first we dropped it down five stories though! fun!

man.. i downloaded a 20mb clip from Kazaalite today...

it was called Office space printer beat down

man, that was one of the BEST scenes ever! i was lmao the whole time.

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Buzzman151
My monitor is about ready to take a crap on me :( Text is getting a little fuzzy, its making a "clicking" noise" and horizontal lines are running up and down the screen :/ Any good ideas to give it a proper burial when it finallly kicks the bucket? :D

I'd send you my old one since I am getting a new one, but shipping costs would be insane from Hawaii :)

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: AmazonRasta
It's not dieing. It's dying.

:D

bang it w/ a bat after ur new one comes in...boy will that feel gooood....breaking anything broken and expensive makes u feel ur @ the top of the world for some reason...

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP

bang it w/ a bat after ur new one comes in...boy will that feel gooood....breaking anything broken and expensive makes u feel ur @ the top of the world for some reason...

You have anything expensive you would like to donate to the cause? :D

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: ROTC1983

LOL, I wouldn't go hitting a monitor with a bat, the way they are pressurized you have a very nigh chance of hurting yourself with shrapnel

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: stonecold3169
Originally posted by: ROTC1983

LOL, I wouldn't go hitting a monitor with a bat, the way they are pressurized you have a very nigh chance of hurting yourself with shrapnel

Erm, a monitor is not pressurized, rather.. its depressurized. There is nothing inside. It's a vacuum.

When you break it, it doesen't explode, it implodes.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
At least you are getting warning. My 19" CRT died with no warning at all. Luckily I had my 18.1" LCD just sitting in a box that I was too lazy to hook up.