oh man my sinus's hurt. feel like my face is going to explode. i think its the flu..

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
so any good home remedies?

feel like my face is going to explode. not a pleasant feeling.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
What makes you think it's the flu rather than a cold or sinus infection (or both)?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
What makes you think it's the flu rather than a cold or sinus infection (or both)?

because flu arguments are fun.

most likely a sinus infection. i used to get them all the time (so bad i had surgery to fix damage).

hmm a cappichino eh? not to big on such stuff. last one i got i got way to wired hehe

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy

most likely a sinus infection. i used to get them all the time (so bad i had surgery to fix damage).

LOL! I wasn't gonna argue with you. :p

I was just trying to help... 'cause your symptoms sounded a lot like a sinus infection with a cold.

Jun 27, 2005
I get them all the time.

My solution: Take a hot shower. After about 15 minutes things should get loosened up enough to blow. It's gross but it works. After a few days I'm usually fine.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
I get them all the time.

My solution: Take a hot shower. After about 15 minutes things should get loosened up enough to blow. It's gross but it works. After a few days I'm usually fine.

Yep. Also, you want to maintain a course of anti-inflammatory meds. Say three Advil every 4 hours for a few days. The will help with the pressure in your head.

The trick is to take it regularly. That's what will bring the swelling down.

And if it is a sinus infection, I'm sure you know that antibiotics may be called for. Go see your doctor.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: waggy

About as fun as beating your head against a sidewalk. And just as enlightening.

I vote sinus infection. Ask your SO if your breath smells like dookie. This will confirm it.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Most expensive way:
Step 1) Go to drug store
Step 2) Buy Netipot
Step 3) Use Netipot

2nd most expensive way:
Step 1) Go to drug store
Step 2) Buy "Simply Saline Nasal Mist"
Step 3) Use "Simply Saline Nasal Mist"

Homemade cheap ghetto way:
Step 1) Get sports waterbottle
Step 2) Fill bottle with water
Step 3) Put a few tablespoons of salt in bottle
Step 4) Shake until salt is disolved
Step 5) Put cap in nose
Step 6) Tilt head to the side over sink
Step 7) Blast that mother away
Step 8) ...
Step 9) Profit

And yeah, you have a sinus infection, although you could also have the flu too.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
I get them all the time.

You should invest in a Netipot. Frequent sinus infections are not good.

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Sinus Buster It's a bit expensive and burns like hell but it clears you right out. I'm currently using it on a minor nasal polyp and it's working wonders.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
You don't want to do a whole lot of hard nose blowing when you have a sinus infection. That just pushes the infection into your ears.

Go to the doctor and get the infection confirmed. If it is an infection, get on some antibiotics and start a course of anti-inflammatories.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: 43st
Sinus Buster It's a bit expensive and burns like hell but it clears you right out. I'm currently using it on a minor nasal polyp and it's working wonders.
You are a crazy man dude, I'd much rather use sodium to clear my sinuses out than capsaicin. :Q

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: dainthomas

I vote sinus infection. Ask your SO if your breath smells like dookie. This will confirm it.

er what? dookie eh?

tweakem what is a netipot? never heard of that.

i dont t hink i want to snort capsisum. soppose i should make a apointment for the morning sigh

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: 43st
You are a crazy man dude, I'd much rather use sodium to clear my sinuses out than capsaicin. :Q

My mother's side of the family has sinus issues. They all use the Netipot and saline on a pretty regular basis. I have a less severe case but it's still an issue, not to mention the polyp I was recently diagnosed with.

The capsaicin works very well, you just need to make it through the first 10-20 seconds. If you have chronic sinus issues you should give it a try, even just once, it's an amazing difference. You'll feel air in parts of your nose you never knew existed.

EDIT: It can be purchased on Amazon. (see comments also)

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
You don't want to do a whole lot of hard nose blowing when you have a sinus infection. That just pushes the infection into your ears.

Go to the doctor and get the infection confirmed. If it is an infection, get on some antibiotics and start a course of anti-inflammatories.

For once, listen to what Amused is saying.

Daggone blind squirrels...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: TheAdvocate

For once, listen to what Amused is saying.

Daggone blind squirrels...

i don't wanna listen to Amused! NO NO no no no (childish rant oveR)

actually i didn't know that. but guess it makes sense

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: xtknight
I can't believe no one has mentioned hot salsa.

hto slasa wont work. i had some chips and dip last night. granted store baught "hot" is not very hot.