monstercameron

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2013
from what i understand this is rendering the image at a higher resolution then downsampling them to lower resolution. my question is if there is anyway (theoreticals) to optimize this?

my thoughts on this as a non programmer, is to increase the resolution of the edges. Using edge detection to find and place an array of pixels into a quadtree. Render the quadtree cells that have edges in them then blend the original image with the higher quality edge layer.

do any of you think this is feasible or has something like this already been made?

p.s. please be gentle :oops:

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
If you change it, it would not be ogssaa. Look into Sparse Grid SSAA and other forms of SSAA. OGSSAA isn't the only version of super sampling.

DiogoDX

Oct 11, 2012
If you change it, it would not be ogssaa. Look into Sparse Grid SSAA and other forms of SSAA. OGSSAA isn't the only version of super sampling.
I remember 3 tipes of SSAA:

OGSSA = Ordered Grid
SGSSAA = Sparse Grid
RGSSAA = Rotated Grid

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
The cool thing about OGSSAA, is that it can be done on almost any game. You can use downsampling, which is any easy way to achieve OGSSAA. And if you desire improved edge AA, you can use MSAA on top of your downsampling.