OFR

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
You mean to tell me that you believe that the new network that is more biased than the state run media of Communist dictatorships. The media that gets caught in lie after lie. The media that couldn't actually get more biased because it's physcially impossible. Is more biased than some networks that at most show minor amounts of bias? You're either on too many drugs, or not enough. I'm not sure which.

I agree that MSNBC is just a mouth-piece for this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle.

I think we all know that.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
a777pilot you have fallen into a liberal trap yet again. There is nothing of substance to attack the news story on so the left must resort to the age old lib tactic of attacking the messenger. First, Fox News, and now you. You should have seen this coming.

I haven't even read the linked story yet, nor was I attacking anything until flyboy made such an absurd statement. Sure, some media sources that aren't Fox show some bias. MSNBC is probably the worst of the non-Fox news sources. But even MSNBC is only like 1/50th as biased as Fox News. When The Daily Show, a fake news show with a 30 minute broadcast time and takes regular weeks off reports more true news per year than Fox News, you should realize there's a problem

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Because as biased as FOX is, it is markedly less biased than CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, or NPR. That's why.

Don't be stupid. Even Fox News doesn't know what a tremendous threat Q is. Your faith is dangerously misplaced.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
...and speaking of people, too. If this new government agency can compel businesses to fork over their records, they can do the same with individuals.

Or did you even think of that?

First they came for the corporations, but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a corporation...

OH WAIT

lOTWR.jpg

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I haven't even read the linked story yet, nor was I attacking anything until flyboy made such an absurd statement. Sure, some media sources that aren't Fox show some bias. MSNBC is probably the worst of the non-Fox news sources. But even MSNBC is only like 1/50th as biased as Fox News. When The Daily Show, a fake news show with a 30 minute broadcast time and takes regular weeks off reports more true news per year than Fox News, you should realize there's a problem

You just tried to defend MSNBC by comparing them to Fox News. You really want to be taken seriously? Daily Show, true news? Now I know you are being silly.

images

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
You just tried to defend MSNBC by comparing them to Fox News. You really want to be taken seriously? Daily Show, true news? Now I know you are being silly.

images

No, just accurate. Fox News is the most biased and bullshit filled news source in the history of America. No one who enjoys accuracy in their news should ever defend Fox. I didn't defend MSNBC at all, I was just saying that their bias is a fraction of that of Fox. I'm a liberal, we like truth not bias in our news. There's a reason that MSNBC doesn't get the ratings Fox does, liberals don't let that inaccurate bias shit fly. Conservatives obviously want biased and inaccurate news because accurate news, like reality, has a well established liberal bias.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
No, just accurate. Fox News is the most biased and bullshit filled news source in the history of America. No one who enjoys accuracy in their news should ever defend Fox. I didn't defend MSNBC at all, I was just saying that their bias is a fraction of that of Fox. I'm a liberal, we like truth not bias in our news. There's a reason that MSNBC doesn't get the ratings Fox does, liberals don't let that inaccurate bias shit fly. Conservatives obviously want biased and inaccurate news because accurate news, like reality, has a well established liberal bias.

969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Then there is the proposed trillions of UN taxes and transfer of wealth to the poor nations of the world.

Fuck the UN.

Fuck the poor nations.

Fuck Obama.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Then there is the proposed trillions of UN taxes and transfer of wealth to the poor nations of the world.

Fuck the UN.

Fuck the poor nations.

Fuck Obama.

It's so cute when you ditto-heads get your little tin-foil hats all dicombobulated.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It's so cute when you ditto-heads get your little tin-foil hats all dicombobulated.

If a developmentally disabled child got hold of a knife and started cutting his own fingers and toes off I wouldn't think it cute. I'd want to stop it and protect that child form his own ignorance and lack of development. Considering the ditto-head in this thread, we may have to work on the assumption that he'll require more guidance and supervision than a developmentally disabled child.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Fuck the UN.

Fuck the poor nations.

Fuck Obama.

Lol. Now the true crazy comes bubbling up. Tell us more about these UN taxes.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
If a developmentally disabled child got hold of a knife and started cutting his own fingers and toes off I wouldn't think it cute. I'd want to stop it and protect that child form his own ignorance and lack of development. Considering the ditto-head in this thread, we may have to work on the assumption that he'll require more guidance and supervision than a developmentally disabled child.

I liken it more to a grown man playing in his own shit.

While repugnant and sad...it's also intriguing and holds a certain fascination.

BOBO THE POST TURTLE!!! <throws shit>

(this thread needs a badly photoshopped pic of Obama eating a dog to liven it up a bit.)

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011

What's a "ditto-head"?

................................................................................

Never mind. I looked it up.

Fortunitly I don't listen to Rush.

Last edited:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Hmm, haven't multiple studies showed that Fox news viewers consistently are more ignorant of the actual news then any other news channel?

And that is not that they just don't know something, they believe they know something is that factually incorrect.

Guess that explains your posting history, huh?

Let me guess, those studies are all wrong and it is just another vast left-wing conspiracy to disgrace Fox News, lol.

It's called brainwashing. Have to feel sorry for them but now is the time to make things so uncomfortable for these people that they leave the U.S. and that is finally starting to happen.

I'm sure Fox, Rush, Hannity and Levin's revenues are way down.

Looking forward to their days being numbered. :thumbsup:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I remember I told a bunch of atheists they were wrong because the Bible says so and you know what they did? Right they told me my source was full of shit. None of them could prove to me that God doesn't exist, they all diverted to questioning my source which can't be wrong.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Standard Fox distortion, with more of the same on Fox & Friends.

But even after the creation of the OFR, Congress will be "the only authority that can tax people in America." The legislation creating the agency makes it clear that it will generate operational revenue not through taxation, but through assessments on large financial institutions, a funding method the Treasury Department has been using for years. Through powers legislated by Congress, the Federal Reserve (Fed), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Farm Credit Administration (FCA), Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO), Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) all use forms of assessments for funding.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201204200012

Outrage not found, other than among the weak minded & gullible.

I do enjoy the revisionist history from Posey in the OP's linked piece. If they "knew" that there was a big problem in subprime lending, the usual mouthpieces of the Right weren't telling anybody about it, for sure, but were touting the ownership society& innovative financial products right up to the crash. The people who saw it coming were either heavily invested in Magnetar or were roundly denounced by the Right, people like Krugman...

Notice the date-

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/12/opinion/12krugman.html?_r=1

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Wow. That might be the single most incorrect thing ever said in P&N. I'm impressed. That's like on the level of saying "the Earth is flat!", everyone knows it's false and it's just funny to hear someone say it.

Except he's right. You see, the mainstream media is incredibly biased towards the truth, while Fox News is openminded enough to reach the perspective most skewed against Democrats. It's really amazing how flexible Fox News is in that regard.