a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Welcome to the Brave New World.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/19/new-federal-agency-ofr-stirs-orwellian-fears/

Scary....

...housed under the Treasury Department, the agency has until now received its funding not from the Congress, but directly from the Federal Reserve.

and

...a close reading of the law the president signed provides no limit on the growth of OFR’s budget, nor on the taxes the agency can impose on big banks to fund it.

[/QUOTE]

let's not forget this part

...invested with virtually unlimited subpoena power. It can compel just about any company in America to turn over to the federal government sensitive internal data, even proprietary information.

I would say we have become a third world dictatorship but even a third world dictatorship wouldn't try this shit.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Welcome to the Brave New World.

...invested with virtually unlimited subpoena power. It can compel just about any company in America to turn over to the federal government sensitive internal data, even proprietary information.

OH NOESSSS! POOR CORPORATIONS! They're people too...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
You dumbass.

Sorry, but it's true.

Name me one law or regulation that has restricted large corporations more than small businesses.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry Cubby, I may be sympathetic about about the Federal abuse of small business, but I am far more worried about the practices of large business who need far far more regulation to protect the rights of US citizens like you and me.

You play the wrong song cubby. Is there a dimes worth of difference between Barnie Madoff and a large Multinational corporation? As both exist in fraud,

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry Cubby, I may be sympathetic about about the Federal abuse of small business, but I am far more worried about the practices of large business who need far far more regulation to protect the rights of US citizens like you and me.

You play the wrong song cubby. Is there a dimes worth of difference between Barnie Madoff and a large Multinational corporation? As both exist in fraud,

So all large corporations are evil no matter what? There is no difference between the small business and the corporation in the eyes of the government. So this essentially punishes all the good, productive businesses because of a few "bad apples". Typical. Guess we don't have to ask why no one is hiring more people. Why become bigger and better just to paint a larger target on your back?

Besides, what corporation is doing you harm or can do you harm? Oh right, big oil. Those sons of bitches! Liberal talking points are so warn out. The poor citizen has a lot more power/right protetion than you think. Vote with your pocketbook, that's all the power you need when it comes to business.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
OH NOESSSS! POOR CORPORATIONS! They're people too...

...and speaking of people, too. If this new government agency can compel businesses to fork over their records, they can do the same with individuals.

Or did you even think of that?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I have recently become convinced of the danger of the letter Q and am deeply suspicious that the letter U is somehow complicit. I know in ways you can't imagine, that these two are plotting to overthrow the constitutional government of the United States. If I am not dead or in prison next year we will certainly be living in the Qunited Dictatorship of completely Subjugated States. Don't laugh, I'm serious. No no, please don't laqugh. I'm not quazy!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Truth....the new hate speech.

Yeah, if I think of one organization as a bastion of truth, it's Fox News.

My main question is why people such as yourself who already know that Fox is a partisan political operation instead of a news source continue to use it.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011

My main question is why people such as yourself who already know that Fox is a partisan political operation instead of a news source continue to use it.

Because as biased as FOX is, it is markedly less biased than CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, or NPR. That's why.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011

Funny, that all I said was "truth" and you thought of FOX News. There is hope for change.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Funny, that all I said was "truth" and you thought of FOX News. There is hope for change.

I thought that because what you wrote was in response to a post that contained a single noun, Fox News. Reading comprehension 101.

Fox news is by far the most biased news source available to a wide audience in America today. It's not even close. Fox's audience likes it that way though, as the only people who genuinely watch that channel for news are those who are terrified of having their beliefs challenged.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

So basically you have nothing to offer on the topic... other than Fox news reported it, so this new federal agency is a grand thing.

Here is a link for the fox-news-linking-gets-their-panties-in-a-wad bunch:

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/art..._research_is_an_affront_to_privacy_99624.html

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So basically you have nothing to offer on the topic... other than Fox news reported it, so this new federal agency is a grand thing.

Here is a link for the fox-news-linking-gets-their-panties-in-a-wad bunch:

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/art..._research_is_an_affront_to_privacy_99624.html

Fox news is not a legitimate news source, it is a partisan political operation. I imagine you would not be happy with the source if it came from the DNC.

Edit: it is interesting that in order to provide a better source, you linked to another site whose agenda is also to counteract a perceived anti cobservatory bias.

Last edited:

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Because as biased as FOX is, it is markedly less biased than CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, or NPR. That's why.

Hmm, haven't multiple studies showed that Fox news viewers consistently are more ignorant of the actual news then any other news channel?

And that is not that they just don't know something, they believe they know something is that factually incorrect.

Guess that explains your posting history, huh?

Let me guess, those studies are all wrong and it is just another vast left-wing conspiracy to disgrace Fox News, lol.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Wow. That might be the single most incorrect thing ever said in P&N. I'm impressed. That's like on the level of saying "the Earth is flat!", everyone knows it's false and it's just funny to hear someone say it.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Hmm, haven't multiple studies showed that Fox news viewers consistently are more ignorant of the actual news then any other news channel?

And that is not that they just don't know something, they believe they know something is that factually incorrect.

Guess that explains your posting history, huh?

Let me guess, those studies are all wrong and it is just another vast left-wing conspiracy to disgrace Fox News, lol.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." G. Orwell

All the MSM reports what this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, says and does, then says it's the truth and wonderful. FOX reports the same things yet doesn't lie for Him. I guess that could be construed as being wrong in the world of un-questioned loyalty to this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle.

"...haven't multiple studies showed that Fox news viewers consistently are more ignorant of the actual news then any other news channel?"

I would love to see these studies.....and who paid for them.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Wow. That might be the single most incorrect thing ever said in P&N. I'm impressed. That's like on the level of saying "the Earth is flat!", everyone knows it's false and it's just funny to hear someone say it.

What is untrue about what I posted?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
What is untrue about what I posted?

You mean to tell me that you believe that the new network that is more biased than the state run media of Communist dictatorships. The media that gets caught in lie after lie. The media that couldn't actually get more biased because it's physcially impossible. Is more biased than some networks that at most show minor amounts of bias? You're either on too many drugs, or not enough. I'm not sure which.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
a777pilot you have fallen into a liberal trap yet again. There is nothing of substance to attack the news story on so the left must resort to the age old lib tactic of attacking the messenger. First, Fox News, and now you. You should have seen this coming.