Offshore Outsourcing

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Stop your whining . . . US corporations will be stronger and more competitive by shipping these jobs overseas (or across the border as the case may be). And all of those out of work IT professionals can always join the military . . . or work at DOD.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Outsourcing is not only done in the IT sector but also in the manufacturing sector as well.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Stop your whining . . . US corporations will be stronger and more competitive by shipping these jobs overseas (or across the border as the case may be). And all of those out of work IT professionals can always join the military . . . or work at DOD.

rolleye.gif

IT jobs at the Fed level are/will be outsourced. See NMCI. Other branches/departments to follow suit.

"Stop your whining." Gimme a break.

rolleye.gif

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I don't see what you are going to do about it. Tell US companies they can't outsource? Not likely, and probably not wise. Corporate Profits = King. Everyone has a right to make as much money as they can. If you want to get a job in IT, get a security clearence, that will help a lot.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
I don't see what you are going to do about it. Tell US companies they can't outsource? Not likely, and probably not wise. Corporate Profits = King. Everyone has a right to make as much money as they can. If you want to get a job in IT, get a security clearence, that will help a lot.

A couple of the articles address that very issue. What if people sart rebelling against companies that offshore outsource/ what if Congress is pressured to do "something"? (I have no idea what?)

I have a security clearance. TS with a bunch of letters behind it.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
IT jobs at the Fed level are/will be outsourced. See NMCI. Other branches/departments to follow suit.
Good . . . saves us more money so we can rebuild Iraq. I bet we need plenty of IT pros to help with that endeavor. Don't forget to pick up a personal cooling system from Sharper Image.

Hey this is the self-reliance era. GWB got where he is by hardwork and natural talent. Despite all of the odds stacked against him he overcame obstacle after obstacle by faith in God and a desire to change the world for the better of all mankind.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Good . . . saves us more money so we can rebuild Iraq. I bet we need plenty of IT pros to help with that endeavor. Don't forget to pick up a personal cooling system from Sharper Image.

I never said it was cheaper.

Hey this is the self-reliance era. GWB got where he is by hardwork and natural talent. Despite all of the odds stacked against him he overcame obstacle after obstacle by faith in God and a desire to change the world for the better of all mankind.

My personal plan was to figure out where I wanted to work, what job I wanted, walk into the place, whip the guys ass who was currently doing the job and claim it for my own. Will that work? It's pretty self-reliant and I haven't seen or met a CIO/CTO yet who's ass I couldn't beat down with a minimum use of office furniture.

I think you're taunting me.

rolleye.gif

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

A couple of the articles address that very issue. What if people start rebelling against companies that offshore outsource/ what if Congress is pressured to do "something"? (I have no idea what?)

I have a security clearance. TS with a bunch of letters behind it.
There has been talk regarding some kind of incentives (tax breaks) for U.S. companies that keep jobs here instead of shipping them abroad. Actually, a bill was recently introduced but never made it very far in the House of Representatives, if I'm not mistaken. The bill required the Feds to maintain applicable contracted work here in the U.S instead of outsourcing abroad.

In my opinion, what will be required to stem the tide of outsourcing is nothing short of a popular labor movement. Congress won't listen very well to small numbers. However, a well-organized PAC might get their attention.

I'm very happy that I retired at the end of 2000 instead of now. Many IT jobs were still available at the time. I have also turned down contract positions in MD and VA as recently as 4 months ago mainly because of school here in Austin. You are correct in that a clearance, coupled with education and experience, makes a considerable difference to gov-related employers.

The offshore outsourcing scenario is very real. I recently reviewed a RFC/RFQ for a bid in Louisiana. One of the questions was "can we ship the work to our offshore facilty?" when the RFP plainly indicated that this was not allowed.

Finally, IT isn't the only sector leaving either. I've read projections of analyst positions, accounting and research going away as well.

Interesting and uncertain times we live in.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
That's right. GWB ushered in an era of responsibility in this country. Along with that responsibility is the obligation to assess just why those jobs are leaving the country. Perhaps it's because Americans just aren't up to the task? They're too lazy, self-centered and demand too much money for the little work they do. India on the other hand, is a model of ROI and efficiency. Why shouldn't they get the jobs?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
ROFLMAO... hahaha... good one. *wipes tears from eyes*

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
That's right. GWB ushered in an era of responsibility in this country. Along with that responsibility is the obligation to assess just why those jobs are leaving the country. Perhaps it's because Americans just aren't up to the task? They're too lazy, self-centered and demand too much money for the little work they do. India on the other hand, is a model of ROI and efficiency. Why shouldn't they get the jobs?

Guess that explains the unemployement problem. Its not GWB's fault its ours :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It going to be a great day when Arrogant White American Businessman Male wakes up one day and finds our some four foot tall guy from China will do ten times the job for a tenth the pay. When the work that requires brain power is distributed on a cost abilities scale, few in America will have anything to offer at all. It will all come out in the wash though when we reach the third world status our talents deserve. Life among the ruins burning cow chips to stay warm, will make our kids competitive again.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
It going to be a great day when Arrogant White American Businessman Male wakes up one day and finds our some four foot tall guy from China will do ten times the job for a tenth the pay. When the work that requires brain power is distributed on a cost abilities scale, few in America will have anything to offer at all. It will all come out in the wash though when we reach the third world status our talents deserve. Life among the ruins burning cow chips to stay warm, will make our kids competitive again.
You're just not hip to the corporate vibe, Beamer.

You've got to capitalize the enterprise to build a franchise. Disenfranshied? Marginalized? Impersonalized? Let's not tangentalize. Synergize, departmentalize, downsize. Aim for the sky! Realize and maximize to materialize the best buy.

Ya dig now, brother?

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Nice rap there.

personally between illeagal aliens and leagal ones taking so many jobs and then some other jobs get shipped over to some third world toilet where these Big upstanding Corperate Citizens of our local communities find ways to give themselves bigger bonuses by terminating Americans and giving there jobs to countries with almost slave labor in comparison to the compensation that Americans get.

And Business used to be about customer service it isn't anymore how many time I have seen someone rant about the indians at Dell who don't speak english for jack. So what does Dell do? Say Fvck it take off their "award winning service" in there commercials because if they go to places like resellerratings.com and see their service score is so ultra low they cannot fool anyone anymore except with their silly wacked rebates.

Manufacturing jobs have all but left American soil for China, China, Mexico and China (China x3 cause the last 10 toys I have bought were all from China. :(

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Y'all better hope a Teleporter is never built. Then even the Mickey D's will be in China! Y'all just drive up to a box, place your order, pay your money, then Zaaaappp!

May 31, 2003
If we start outsourcing jobs and production, it will have a detrimental effect on the economy. With more money shifting from US companies to Third world workers, consumption of goods and services in the US will decline. Production within US?s boarders will drop significantly and therefore cause gross national product to fall. As a result, National GDP will plummet and therefore cause the value of the dollar to diminish.

So what can we Americans do about this problem now???? Ill tell you, we can increase our Net Exports b/c foreigners are able to buy up US goods like a fat man does pastries in a doughnut shop. The dollar will become worth as much as the German Mark was after WWII, basically for those of you were playing gamboy during history class, worth as much as Gov Gray Davis was to California (but that is another discussion).

However, therein lies the problem...all production for US made goods lie in third would countries. as a result we will not be able to increase our Production of goods or services within US boarders therefore increasing GDP and in turn the value of the doller.

This is a bad situation. I don?t like it at all.

this is my second post on a political form so go easy on this virgin.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
If we start mechanizing jobs and production, it will have a detrimental effect on the economy. With more money shifting from the larger population of laborers to the smaller population of engineers, consumption of goods and services in the US will decline. Production controlled by the labor unions will drop significantly and therefore cause widespread poverty. As a result, GDP will plummet and cause the value of the dollar to diminish.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There is a way to stop this, though. Outsource all our CEOs and bring them over here with the stipulation that they can stay here as citizens as long as the US economy improves. I'm sure our economy will boom. Very sure.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: snigeronepiece
If we start outsourcing jobs and production, it will have a detrimental effect on the economy. With more money shifting from US companies to Third world workers, consumption of goods and services in the US will decline. Production within US?s boarders will drop significantly and therefore cause gross national product to fall. As a result, National GDP will plummet and therefore cause the value of the dollar to diminish.

So what can we Americans do about this problem now???? Ill tell you, we can increase our Net Exports b/c foreigners are able to buy up US goods like a fat man does pastries in a doughnut shop. The dollar will become worth as much as the German Mark was after WWII, basically for those of you were playing gamboy during history class, worth as much as Gov Gray Davis was to California (but that is another discussion).

However, therein lies the problem...all production for US made goods lie in third would countries. as a result we will not be able to increase our Production of goods or services within US boarders therefore increasing GDP and in turn the value of the doller.

This is a bad situation. I don?t like it at all.

this is my second post on a political form so go easy on this virgin.

Originally posted by: rjain
If we start mechanizing jobs and production, it will have a detrimental effect on the economy. With more money shifting from the larger population of laborers to the smaller population of engineers, consumption of goods and services in the US will decline. Production controlled by the labor unions will drop significantly and therefore cause widespread poverty. As a result, GDP will plummet and cause the value of the dollar to diminish.

Both you guys understand the real danger here. The U.S. will no longer be self sufficient to handle the population load in the country. Effectively an Island without the neccessary resources in place for the inhabitants. They all may not die all at once but quality of life will rapidly decline and a struggle to survive, this is what will happen to a large portion of the U.S., not a pretty picture indeed.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Yeah, it's the US against the world. They're out to steal our lives. And those evil machines, too.