Officially undecided for POTUS

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It is people that think like this that gives the Clinton's and the like the go-ahead to do whatever they want.

Whatever they want within the bounds of the Constitution & the law.

It's not like Dems are using fascist rhetoric. That can't be said for the Donald.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It is people that think like this that gives the Clinton's and the like the go-ahead to do whatever they want.

And its people like you, who don't think, who make propaganda a viable alternative to debating issues and qualifications on their own merit.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
I see an honest choice. Clinton, Trump, third party posturing or staying at home & getting drunk.

I'll take Clinton for reasons that should be obvious to anybody who thinks with the head on their shoulders rather than the head on their dick.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ate-dept-overlap/ar-BBvsbs3?ocid=ansmsnnews11
WASHINGTON — A new batch of State Department emails released Tuesday showed the close and sometimes overlapping interests between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department when Hillary Clinton served as secretary of state.

The documents raised new questions about whether the charitable foundation worked to reward its donors with access and influence at the State Department, a charge that Mrs. Clinton has faced in the past and has always denied.

In one email exchange, for instance, an executive at the Clinton Foundation in 2009 sought to put a billionaire donor in touch with the United States ambassador to Lebanon because of the donor’s interests there.

In another email, the foundation appeared to push aides to Mrs. Clinton to help find a job for a foundation associate. Her aides indicated that the department was working on the request.

When will it end, and when will people stop giving her a pass?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ate-dept-overlap/ar-BBvsbs3?ocid=ansmsnnews11
WASHINGTON — A new batch of State Department emails released Tuesday showed the close and sometimes overlapping interests between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department when Hillary Clinton served as secretary of state.

The documents raised new questions about whether the charitable foundation worked to reward its donors with access and influence at the State Department, a charge that Mrs. Clinton has faced in the past and has always denied.

In one email exchange, for instance, an executive at the Clinton Foundation in 2009 sought to put a billionaire donor in touch with the United States ambassador to Lebanon because of the donor’s interests there.

In another email, the foundation appeared to push aides to Mrs. Clinton to help find a job for a foundation associate. Her aides indicated that the department was working on the request.

When will it end, and when will people stop giving her a pass?
When Trump supporters quit giving him a pass on everything?

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
And its people like you, who don't think, who make propaganda a viable alternative to debating issues and qualifications on their own merit.

Wow. I'm not gonna touch that. You sound way to smart for me. o_O

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
When Trump supporters quit giving him a pass on everything?
So I'm clear, you're OK being exactly like a Trump supporter? How is it that you guys point the finger at one person for doing something but are completely OK with the one you like doing it?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If you think Trump has never done anything remotely similar, you're very naive. This goes on from the local level on up and has since forever, in business as well.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
There's no difference in your mind between the clinton foundation & clinton personal income, right? No difference between a couple who paid $43M(30%) in federal taxes over 8 years & donated 11% to charity vs a candidate who won't reveal their tax information at all?

I suppose we'll just have to trust the Donald, the same way as students at Trump U & condo buyers at Trump Baja.
Clearly there is a difference between the Clinton Family Foundation & the Clintons' personal income. Nobody really knows how much of a difference, since it's pretty much an information black hole. As for Trump, I do not trust him one whit more than I trust Hillary. You cannot get past the idea that one is either wholly, enthusiastically on your Team Hillary or wholly, enthusiastically on Team Trump. An increasing number of us have simply dropped out of the game with the understanding that both candidates (and indeed, both parties) are so horrendously corrupt that arguing about which is slightly less horrid is a waste of time. Neither will get my vote.

Feb 10, 2000
I find it very difficult to understand being undecided in this particular election. Donald Trump has exactly zero credentials relevant to being President of the United States, and has persistently demonstrated a total lack of the temperament the job requires. Rather, he is narcissistic, thin-skinned and proudly ignorant. I would be hard pressed to think of a less worthy major party nominee for the office in the history of the United States. Hillary Clinton may not be your personal favorite candidate (she is probably not mine) but she is very bright, eminently well-qualified, and there is nothing to suggest that electing her would have any adverse effect on our national security or the stability of our economy.

If a voter simply so dislikes Clinton that he or she isn't able to pull the lever to vote for her, so be it (though I personally would not do so, because it increases the risk of a Trump presidency by some tiny increment). Pulling the lever for Trump, however, strikes me as a profoundly short-sighted and unwise decision.

Reactions: TeeJay1952