Official State of the Union Thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Originally posted by: spidey07
LOL! Pelosi wasn't going to get up for "deliver justice to our enemies" and realized...."OH CRAP!"

And then she did.

LOL, what you can't see is that she actually has an Iphone down there, texting people.

Hey! What should I do? Stand? Smile? What? Come on back democrat platform?

<democrat platform>
Uh, ma'am...we don't really have a platform or a goal.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Only if you've got something we want, or something we don't like, then we'll bring freedom to your country. There will be some collateral freedom from life dealt out, but that's part of the price of involuntary freedom.

"We reviewed our strategy, and changed course."
Uh oh, a "Stay the course" reversal!

So you are incapable of maintaining your goal but with a different way of doing it?
He was Mr. Stay the Course, not me. It was a big selling point for him, a guy who wouldn't change his mind, a guy who'd stay the course and not waver, no matter how many icebergs the ship was headed for.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Kazaam
HAHA did you guys hear that one guy yell "you rock?" And dick cheney smiled. hahaha

Pretty funny that Dick Cheney almost looked like a human being.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This is HILARIOUS!

Just like the last one Pelosi is WAY out of her element. If I was sitting across from her she's be called to the carpet. She doesn't know what to do.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Only if you've got something we want, or something we don't like, then we'll bring freedom to your country. There will be some collateral freedom from life dealt out, but that's part of the price of involuntary freedom.

Uh oh, a "Stay the course" reversal!

So you are incapable of maintaining your goal but with a different way of doing it?
He was Mr. Stay the Course, not me. It was a big selling point for him, a guy who wouldn't change his mind, a guy who'd stay the course and not waver, no matter how many icebergs the ship was headed for.

If I'm not mistaken, he is still staying the course. We are in Iraq and Afghanistan, right?

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
He's going to bring peace to the holy land, this year !
Wow, talk about biting off more than you can chew.

"Defend our vital interests" aka OIL !

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

As a Bush supporter, I don't see it. Good luck trying though, but I don't buy it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
LOL! I think kennedy is falling asleep. Is he drunk?

Probably :)
Look at Cheney, its like hes thinking " I can't wait to get out of here!, I wonder whats for dinner ?"

More like wondering who is for dinner.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002

Really, when did GWB actually give a GD about what went on between Palestine and Israel. Hilarious.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: Craig234
Making the tax borrowing permanent is likely the top priority - and a big mistake. Repeal his tax borrowing, at least have it expire.

Repeal the tax cuts, and the rich will pay a lesser share of income compared to the poor. The poorest will once again pay income. Oh, no, you mean repeal SELECTIVE parts of it right?

as a whole, who pays more income tax? the rich or the poor? hummmm......

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
LOL! I think kennedy is falling asleep. Is he drunk?

Probably :)
Look at Cheney, its like hes thinking " I can't wait to get out of here!, I wonder whats for dinner ?"

More like wondering who is for dinner.

Well he is a leader. His body language and eyes say it all. He's paying attention, not so much for Pelosi.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I'd love to see who's whoopin' and a hollerin'.
I'd also like to see ABC HD pan the room a little more instead of focusing on Republicans.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
If I'm not mistaken, he is still staying the course. We are in Iraq and Afghanistan, right?
I just reposted quotes from Bush. :confused:

"Stay the course."

Net effect: humor.

Was "freedom" on that drinking contest list?

Peachy, talking about "freedom" in Iran. Delivering freedom to the Mideast seems to involve lots of weaponry.

Ah, it's not spying on phone conversations. It's a "flow of intelligence."

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Citrix
WTF!

Why does Condoleza look so ticked?

she always looks pissed

Yeah, you're right. Just couldn't tell the difference between really super pissed and just pissed.

Its also her Botox. She has it injected specifically so that she scowls instead of smiles... its like reverse Botox.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
30 billion for HIV/AIDS is that domestic or foreign??? if that is international thats messed up when we have so many things within our own country to repair, improve or replace.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: xeemzor
Has Bush really offered anything new in this address?

Yes, overwhelmingly yes.

-edit-
this is a great address. somethings I don't particularly agree with the majority is a strong statement, with strong support.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Less than one year for no more Bush. Thank God for small favors. Most of the time he has been in office I've been asking God 'Which way's hell so I can go straight there?'