**OFFICIAL** Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread

Page 210 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Can you get one that's faster than 110%? I built my speeder a little while ago and I'm fine with that one if I can't get something that's any faster.

KT

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
sigh, I need 1 more BM token to get another piece. Now I need to rush to get the weekly done and gamble for a 2nd since after tomorrow they are next to worthless.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
sigh, I need 1 more BM token to get another piece. Now I need to rush to get the weekly done and gamble for a 2nd since after tomorrow they are next to worthless.
How about just checking the cost for the item in 1.2 and saving up the WZ/merc commos for it?

Much easier. ;)

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
lol, that's the point. I'm not completely BM geared yet (kinda hard when we haven't had a WZ in over a week). So, anything I can get now for BM comms is one less piece i'll have to spend WZ comms on.

BenSkywalker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
We're stuck on Bonecrusher in KP. Given that my entire raid party consists of a Juggy and Tankassin for tanks, 2 sorcs for healing, and the rest Melee DPS it makes it extremely hard to down him.

2 tanks for Bonecrusher is two more then you should have for that fight. Go with 3 healers and 5 dps for safe and easy mode, or 2 healers and 6 dps for very fast mode. Bonecrusher is also much easier to dps as melee then it is as a caster(have done both many times). Your goal is to stand under his stubby little tail. He moves, you move- instantly. Never run around him, just run between his legs. As a ranged dps with cast times this doesn't work, melee with almost everything insta cast you can have close to 100% up time on dps without having to stop(well, except to take out the pigs when they spawn). CC the adds that pop up and leave them off to the side.

1.2 will be going live on Thrusday (the 12th).

Hoping they changed it from the PTR, either that or the Sorcerer goes to be a crafting mule and nothing more :(

RiDE

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2004
lol, that's the point. I'm not completely BM geared yet (kinda hard when we haven't had a WZ in over a week). So, anything I can get now for BM comms is one less piece i'll have to spend WZ comms on.

It's so much cheaper in 1.2 though. 1 BM piece is 8000 WZ comms on live now. On PTS, the whole BM set including weapons and relics is 12475 WZ commendations.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Oh for sure. but if I can save myself ~1000 WZs by getting lucky and proccing a BM comm then so much the better.

RiDE

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2004
Oh for sure. but if I can save myself ~1000 WZs by getting lucky and proccing a BM comm then so much the better.

Gotcha... I hope you have better luck than I do then. I'm rank 71 and I've opened close to 70 bags and have gotten 6 BM comms. I bought 3 from the 1000 merc/1000 wz way. I figured I might as well wait for 1.2 and save myself the grind. I queue solo most of the time so the dailies are pretty painful if you keep facing premades... even moreso when the 2 BM bags come up empty.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Did Eternity Vault all the way to the last boss last night. And SOA bugged on us :(

Basically it was the first time doing him for a bunch of us. So while we had an idea of what to do, we didn't know exactly where to run to fall off the falling platforms the first time and when to heal. So we obviously died. I then looked up the video strat and watched it to explain exactly what to do next time. Only we never got a next time. Sections of the floor were still missing when we came back to fight him again. Which means those sections never fall since they are missing and you have no where to jump. Which we found out the hard way. So had to call it a night after such a good run up until that point too.

Supposedly that is fixed with 1.2 so we'll be trying again Thursday night.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
yeah, that happens to us sometimes. If you are still having that issue post patch (cough, because bioware fails at actually patching what they say) try resetting the instance everytime you head back in after a wipe. You have to run a little farther but it seems to reduce the odd bugs in that fight.

on a side note, got my last piece of rakata gear (minus my main hand), and with patch 1.2 tomorrow I'll probably have to switch to heals considering the reports of Scoundrel dps. Time to start the loot grind over.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
I think I am getting bored at this point...

IMO a game should be more than a grind for the best armor...

Better come out with some new story content and raise the level cap soon...

Last edited:

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
IMO a game should be more than a grind for the best armor...

Welcome to every online multiplayer game ever.

Given how much more quickly a player can complete content than a company can produce it, thats just the way it is.

Also sweet, I was actually expecting 1.2 to be later rather than sooner but glad to hear it's right around the corner :)

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Did Eternity Vault all the way to the last boss last night. And SOA bugged on us :(

Basically it was the first time doing him for a bunch of us. So while we had an idea of what to do, we didn't know exactly where to run to fall off the falling platforms the first time and when to heal. So we obviously died. I then looked up the video strat and watched it to explain exactly what to do next time. Only we never got a next time. Sections of the floor were still missing when we came back to fight him again. Which means those sections never fall since they are missing and you have no where to jump. Which we found out the hard way. So had to call it a night after such a good run up until that point too.

Supposedly that is fixed with 1.2 so we'll be trying again Thursday night.

For SOA, if you decide to wipe, have the whole group wipe at around the same time. Then make sure everyone is out before entering back in. This helps minimize the glitches.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Welcome to every online multiplayer game ever.

Given how much more quickly a player can complete content than a company can produce it, thats just the way it is.

Also sweet, I was actually expecting 1.2 to be later rather than sooner but glad to hear it's right around the corner :)

It's kind of odd, I think this game might be a bit too easy to level up. Maybe people need a bit more grindy leveling experience as it seems when people get to 50 they want everything right away and now feel bored.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Well speaking in $$$, players should expect new content every 4 months. That's $60 that could have been spent on an entirely new game.

1.2 is great and all, but I have a feeling after 1-2months people are going to be complaining again about the lack of things to do.

Grinds are necessary. Boring grinds are not.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Well speaking in $$$, players should expect new content every 4 months. That's $60 that could have been spent on an entirely new game.

1.2 is great and all, but I have a feeling after 1-2months people are going to be complaining again about the lack of things to do.

Grinds are necessary. Boring grinds are not.

I have a feeling that the day after 1.2 releases people are going to be complaining about lack of things to do. You just can't please some people, particularly in the MMO community. One person wants it to be more like DAOC and one person wants it to be more like WoW and one person wants it to be more like EVE and one person wants it to be more like SWG and one person thinks all those games sucked and one person needs a developer response right this second or they're going to unsubscribe.

I don't think straight up grinds are necessary at all. I think that some people do need grinds though to feel like they're doing something meaningful with their time by playing a game. By doing something that requires 'work' they're doing something productive, which lets them stay in game longer.

Some things you do are grindy by nature. Arguably doing a dungeon more than once is a grind, playing PVP is a grind, levelling is a grind, and such. But I think that's the nature of the beast, you can't escape it entirely.

What I think you can do is limit it's permeation however. I think the people complaining about a lack of things to do are either not really participating in the whole game or have a somewhat warped perspective of what they consider worthwhile 'content'. To me the most striking (and best I might add) difference between SWTOR and WoW is the lack of grinds and reward-bearing pseudo-content. Achievement points, rep grinds, meta-achievement awards, pet collecting, mount collecting, title collecting. A lot of those activities are represented in SWTOR, but the difference is SWTOR doesn't have the carrot on the stick for them; if someone wants to collect as many titles as they can then they're more than welcome to. But SWTOR doesn't turn that into some kind of objective; it's just there if you want it.

And to me that's great. I think it really shows the development team taking the 'high road' as it were and not attempting to pass off that kind of design as content.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Not from vendors, but they will be craftable.
Nope, you're combining two different developments.

(1) The Korrealis boats are gone (and some others too). No more, unless you buy from someone who bought one now for speculation. (Debating doing this.)
(2) Cybertech craftable speeders are hereafter BoE, so they can be bought and sold. These aren't the boats though.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Nope, you're combining two different developments.

(1) The Korrealis boats are gone (and some others too). No more, unless you buy from someone who bought one now for speculation. (Debating doing this.)
(2) Cybertech craftable speeders are hereafter BoE, so they can be bought and sold. These aren't the boats though.

and 3) new crafting schematics for those boats are being added.

The vast majority of changes to 1.2 are because of a lot of whining by crafters. Especially when it comes to items, vendors, and prices.