***OFFICIAL*** Post cool stuff, get Coolcoin! ***CONFIRMED***

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
We're pleased to officially introduce Coolcoin, the one and only moderator approved cryptocurrency reward token of ATOT, brought to you by long time user ultimatebob. As you can tell from his username, he's no ordinary Bob!

Coolcoin is a fun little side project ultimatebob created, now presented to you under the initial oversight of the mod team, in which he will be rewarding people for making cool posts in the Off Topic forum. He's looking to reward posts that are funny, insightful, or just plain awesome. And, NO, he's not going to reward you coins for troll posts or attack posts.

The lovely and talented Coolcoin token is based off of the Ethereum cryptocurrency platform, but it currently has no cash value. That said, getting nominated for a Coolcoin gives you bragging rights and the ability to show off your awesome OT posting skills.

Disclaimer: Coolcoin is a community project, and is not owned by Anandtech, Purch, or any of Anandtech's advertisers. It is also not in any way connected to the Australian cryptocurrency exchange of the same name. The Coolcoin project is currently in a preview release, and may be altered or disbanded entirely in the future . . . depending on how many Coolcoins are awarded to the mods.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Cool, can we start pimping this on reddit after we get all the initial coins?
Lol, these "coins" are meant merely as giggly tokens of ATOT awesomeness. How naive & greedy people not connected to ATF react to them after the fact is just too STUPID for me to comfortably contemplate. Please don't encourage it! :eek:

But if, in some tsunami of unintended consequences, this initiative somehow lowers the already low collective intelligence of ATOT, it'll probably be terminated. An influx of the ignorant (I'm talking about the worst of redditers) will not be welcome here.

Please think of ATOT as a safe space for the harmlessly dimwitted . . . an ecosystem of low key tomfoolery somehow appended, like a neck goiter, to an erstwhile tech forum, and patiently tolerated as such.

Our operant ATOT slogan? SAVE THE WAILS!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Geekbabe

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
good day mr. perk nose,

hello and salutaitons, please kindly pardon me for any inconveniance this post may cause you. i got your contact by searching in your forum for most gentle and helping hand, because i have no relation in your forum and need direct assistance. my name is mr. brian manahan and i am a widower that lost my wife some time back.

my wife was serving as assistant to the director of importing and exporting board of government until her untimely death. before her death she had foreign accounts in your country up to the tune to 4.7$ million united state dollar which she inherited from her fathers beef processing company and stored for safe keeping.

i would like you to do me a favour to retrieve this funding. to do this i will need you to provide your bank account temporarily as means of transferring the funds internationally. in order to ensure your funds are completely in good and safe hands i will beforehand give you 10 million COOLCOIN worth a great sum. then after we have made the transfer of my wifes funds i will ask that you give me back 9 million COOLCOIN, and you keep a whole 1 million COOLCOIN for yourself and payment for generous helping of me. this is my reason of writing to you.

please if you are willing to assist me, do respond back promptly indicating your interest.

best regards,
mr. brian manahan

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Wrong coolcoin reference. This Coolcoin is NOT an exchange. RTFT.

Yeah, one of the downsides of using a more generic name like Coolcoin is that we'll have to deal with other cryptocurrencies with the same name or similar names. We were originally going to call this Atotcoin, but we couldn't get that name approved.

For what it's worth, this is the official moderator approved Coolcoin page from Hexel, the place where it was issued from:

https://www.onhexel.com/token/142b3c00-9005-4ee4-9607-c1e1fe390575

One thing it could really use is a real logo. If you have any suggestions, let us know!

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Cool, can we start pimping this on reddit after we get all the initial coins?

Heh, good luck with that. We pretty much designed this coin to have no real cash value. It's just for bragging rights, kind of like getting a gold star on your test paper.

But, seriously, if you guys see a post on ATOT that is "Coolcoin Worthy", please send me a PM so I can check it out! I'm looking to reward something awesome, like that time Red Squirrel built a shed and sent us daily updates.

Just one more thing... explicit begging for Coolcoins is frowned upon. You gotta earn them, guys :)

Last edited:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Heh, good luck with that. We pretty much designed this coin to have no real cash value. It's just for bragging rights, kind of like getting a gold star on your test paper.

But, seriously, if you guys see a post on ATOT that is "Coolcoin Worthy", please send me a PM so I can check it out! I'm looking to reward something awesome, like that time Red Squirrel built a shed and sent us daily updates.
Red squirrel built a shed? Surely you mean igloo?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
First likes and now cool coins? AT forums continue on a downward trajectory.

giphy.gif

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Is this being billed as the ATOT version of Reddit gold except without the public acknowledgement? Lol

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Is this being billed as the ATOT version of Reddit gold except without the public acknowledgement? Lol

It’s kinda like Reddit Gold (a reward for cool posts) except that you can’t buy this stuff.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I need to step up my game now..not that I had a game plan.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Are bribes an acceptable method of acquiring coolcoins? I'm willing to go an entire buck for one, but I don't want to start a riot throwing that kind of cash around.

Reactions: Ken g6

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Only Australians accepted as clients

In the CoolCoin’s Terms and conditions it is stated that its trading platform is not offered or available to any person who resides outside of Australia. Most exchanges don’t have such limitations.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Only Australians accepted as clients

In the CoolCoin’s Terms and conditions it is stated that its trading platform is not offered or available to any person who resides outside of Australia. Most exchanges don’t have such limitations.

Our coin has absolutely nothing to do with the CoolCoin currency exchange. That's probably something that we should add to our disclaimer.