**OFFICIAL** Post 1/29 "Report Forum Software Bugs" Thread

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
In the wake of the forum infrastructure changes implemented Sunday, Jan. 29th, glitches, gremlins and outright cluster . . . size changes may ensue.

Please report them here.

Last edited:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Oh, no, not again! FoBoT's avatar is broken!

^ That should be it up there.

VirtualLarry's too. I'm not seeing problems with most people...yet...

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
[post=32922953]I posted[/post] to the "Avatars are broken..." thread before I noticed this one.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Size change?

It was a little joke...he was going to say a 4 letter word starting with F

Cluster F...

But instead went the clean route and said Sizes

Cluster Sizes

A little tech joke about changing the size of clusters for info storage on hard drive.

I laughed. :)

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Sometimes, if I go into my profile and click on 'find all threads started by ...' or 'find all posts by ...', it comes up with a list of results but with the most recent results omitted. For example, I started a poll in the storage forum in the last few days about whether people have had problems with their SSD and that doesn't show in the results list (yet it has appeared as it should on previous occasions).

The most recent result I'm seeing in 'recent posts by me' is one from a week ago about international calls, even though I would say there should be three or four more recent entries, such as the SSD poll (which exists in the storage forum if I find it manually).

Last edited:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
What IP address are you seeing? It should be 199.19.80.12

I have no idea, and it doesn't matter anymore. I'm finally back to my primary computer, and can access the forums fine. Guess it just needed a little extra time. Thanks though.

Slinkwyde

Jan 29, 2012
Yeah, when I try to set my first avatar here, I get the error "Unable to save image." Custom avatar, 3KB 80x80 JPEG. The predefined avatars work fine. Maybe it's directory permissions?

groberts101

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Having an issue lately when I use sentence breaks. All text gets bunched together and is one large sentence once the reply button is hit. Then when going back in to edit and replace the breaks I get all sorts of oddities mixed in place of "qoutation marks" and ... multiple dots used to pause or deliniate portions of a sentence... angle bracket left p angle bracket right.. and these.. and.. angle bracket left.. forward slash.. p.. angle bracket right
added before and after the first and last sentence.I'll try it now and see what happens here.PS. does it on several computers and different OS drives as well.
hmm.. can't even get the angle brackets mentioned above to show up when I try to convey what I'm seeing here. Here's a screen of what I see until the reply is saved.

Last edited: