Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
SF6 looking pretty damn good graphically. Wonder wtf the whole 3D open world aspect is about. I won't be messing with that at all most likely. I didn't even play SF5 story mode once.

Also, Resident Evil 8 on PSVR2? Sign me up! Part 7 on PSVR is one of the best video gaming experiences ever.

Did they also spill the beans that PSVR2 is coming 2022? One of the PSVR2 games they showed, the Walking Dead one, said it was coming out 2022.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Also, Resident Evil 8 on PSVR2? Sign me up! Part 7 on PSVR is one of the best video gaming experiences ever.

Did they also spill the beans that PSVR2 is coming 2022? One of the PSVR2 games they showed, the Walking Dead one, said it was coming out 2022.

RE4 Remake is on PSVR2 also. Almost bought an Occulus Quest 2 a while back for the early 2000s graphics version of RE4 VR so glad I skipped it. I just hope PSVR 2 has Half Life Alyx. Have skipped playing any of the RE games after 3 waiting for PSVR 2.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
HFW got a new patch which includes New Game+. Also some people are talking about improvements to the shimmer, I might take a look.

Also ouch, FF16 got delayed to Summer 2023.

Horizon Forbidden West looks night and day better now in performance mode on my 4k panel. Game looked like trash on it before but now image quality seems to be very solid, no more nasty shimmering up close nor ugly over the top aliasing in the distance. From the 10 minutes I just played in the first level, which looked horrible in previous versions, it looks fixed.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
RE4 Remake is on PSVR2 also. Almost bought an Occulus Quest 2 a while back for the early 2000s graphics version of RE4 VR so glad I skipped it. I just hope PSVR 2 has Half Life Alyx. Have skipped playing any of the RE games after 3 waiting for PSVR 2.
I never liked RE4 so I don't know if being in VR would make me like it or not.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Horizon Forbidden West looks night and day better now in performance mode on my 4k panel. Game looked like trash on it before but now image quality seems to be very solid, no more nasty shimmering up close nor ugly over the top aliasing in the distance. From the 10 minutes I just played in the first level, which looked horrible in previous versions, it looks fixed.
That's really good to know. I didn't think that they would fix it completely. I haven't turned it on in forever so I'll have to check it out this weekend. I still have not finished elden ring and I have a while to go in that game too.

I'm also looking forward to the game stray which I've had on my steam list too.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
That's really good to know. I didn't think that they would fix it completely. I haven't turned it on in forever so I'll have to check it out this weekend. I still have not finished elden ring and I have a while to go in that game too.

I'm also looking forward to the game stray which I've had on my steam list too.

Yeah Stray looks really good but it's one of the games I'll pick up later on for cheap because my backlog is so big right now.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
The Last of Us Part 1 Remake trailer just dropped. Love the game but I don't see anything in this trailer that would make me want to spend $20 much less $60 or $70 for this version over the already awesome PS4 remaster I already have.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
That Calisto Protocol game looks incredible. I will definitely be getting that this December.

Guile on SF6 looks good too.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Calisto protocol definitely gives me dead space vibes. I think I would get that game for the PC. I know that dead space is also getting a remake at some point too.

As much as I love last of us, I also don't see myself buying the game a third time to play part 1 with part 2 visuals and effects.

But think of it this way, there's new gamers every day and probably a lot of people that weren't able to get a PS5 may end up with one at some point and they will get to experience part 1 and 2 with the best visual fidelity for the first time which is pretty damn awesome to get a console and already have titles like that to experience right away.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
The Last of Us Part 1 Remake trailer just dropped. Love the game but I don't see anything in this trailer that would make me want to spend $20 much less $60 or $70 for this version over the already awesome PS4 remaster I already have.

How many times do we need to play this game? At this point this just tells me Naughty Dog has no new titles in the works. It’s like rockstar releasing GTA5 for the 4th time.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
How many times do we need to play this game? At this point this just tells me Naughty Dog has no new titles in the works. It’s like rockstar releasing GTA5 for the 4th time.
At the same time they announced this yesterday, they also announced an online multiplayer story based TLOU spinoff as well with totally new characters, new location, new story, etc. And that same guy said he is also working on something that he isn't allowed to talk about yet.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

I'm guessing they're doing it mainly for PC sales and might as well release it on PS5 too then. But PS5 out first since Naughty Dog will probably have a harder time optimizing for PC. If they just ported the 2014 PS4 remaster I don't think it would be well received by the PC community.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I'm guessing they're doing it mainly for PC sales and might as well release it on PS5 too then. But PS5 out first since Naughty Dog will probably have a harder time optimizing for PC. If they just ported the 2014 PS4 remaster I don't think it would be well received by the PC community.
Speaking of PC sales, so many Bloodborne people want it on PC, but I don't see it happening unless it also gets a remaster. Demon's Souls seems like a solid possibility.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
At the same time they announced this yesterday, they also announced an online multiplayer story based TLOU spinoff as well with totally new characters, new location, new story, etc.

The rumors were saying this is a standalone "Live Service" (read: P2W) game.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
This is an asinine comment.

Why because I’m tired of companies milking the same games 5 times across 3 generations of hardware and want new games instead?

You may be ok with buying the same game 10 times over but I’m not.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001

I guess but then I saw some people doing the whole “see console peasants, you have no real exclusives” when I played the game 9 years ago. It’s strange to see those types of remarks for games we have played and moved on from.

The rumors were saying this is a standalone "Live Service" (read: P2W) game.

Yikes, so they really don’t have anything interesting going on but I hope this isn’t true. I’m really not much a fan of online games anymore.

Last edited:

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Why because I’m tired of companies milking the same games 5 times across 3 generations of hardware and want new games instead?

You may be ok with buying the same game 10 times over but I’m not.
That has nothing to do with your comment that I quoted

Reactions: purbeast0

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I don't believe Naughty Dog doesn't have anything else to work on being the reason behind the remake. I think there's more to it than that. Since they are building a following of the series, with the hbo show, the multiplayer game later, it's just puting out content for something they know is popular and will work. Of course there's the money part too.

I bet while half the team is working on something new, the other half is handling this remake.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I don't believe Naughty Dog doesn't have anything else to work on being the reason behind the remake. I think there's more to it than that. Since they are building a following of the series, with the hbo show, the multiplayer game later, it's just puting out content for something they know is popular and will work. Of course there's the money part too.

I bet while half the team is working on something new, the other half is handling this remake.

They are gonna run it into the ground like a Disney did with Star Wars. Lol

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
That has nothing to do with your comment that I quoted

Sure it does. If their big announcement is remaking a 9 year old game and adding online stuff using the game name and game world then they have nothing else to announce hence it’s obvious to me they are not actively working on anything worth mentioning. If they were, they would have some type of other announcement for hype purposes.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Yikes, so they really don’t have anything interesting going on but I hope this isn’t true. I’m really not much a fan of online games anymore.

Sony said they have several Live Service games in development. This TLOU online game is the first of those apparently.

Sure it does. If their big announcement is remaking a 9 year old game and adding online stuff using the game name and game world then they have nothing else to announce hence it’s obvious to me they are not actively working on anything worth mentioning. If they were, they would have some type of other announcement for hype purposes.

Rumors say ND is working on a new IP game but it's probably only in the early stages of development.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Sony said they have several Live Service games in development. This TLOU online game is the first of those apparently.

Had to know the Ubisoftization of Sony was coming once they lost COD to Microsoft, which threw out their whole strategy of making great single player loss leaders to get you to buy into the platform so you bought yearly releases like COD on Playstation also. Ugh freaking Activision finding new ways to ruin gaming.