Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 63 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Got “invaded” a couple times in 4-1, died in human form each time and now my world tendency is pure black — there’s a red phantom dude at the beginning who seems pretty much impossible. I get like 1% of his health each hit and he one hit kills me. How screwed am I to have that whole level blocked off until who knows when? Can I get world tendency back towards white somehow? I’ve beat 1-1/2 and each of the other first stage bosses so far.

edit: re: demons souls

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Got “invaded” a couple times in 4-1, died in human form each time and now my world tendency is pure black — there’s a red phantom dude at the beginning who seems pretty much impossible. I get like 1% of his health each hit and he one hit kills me. How screwed am I to have that whole level blocked off until who knows when? Can I get world tendency back towards white somehow? I’ve beat 1-1/2 and each of the other first stage bosses so far.

What I did in the game every time I beat a boss was go back to the Nexus and just fall off the ledge and was back in spirit form. I pretty much played the whole game that way. I only did that because my buddy who's into Soul's games told me about that and I honestly didn't even understand wtf the point of it was, but I did it lol.

I can't recall the red phantom dude you are talking about on 4-1 but I do remember there was an enemy (or two?) that once you defeat em they never come back. I remember those strange rolling dudes that reminded me of Terminators on the 4-1 level.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
What I did in the game every time I beat a boss was go back to the Nexus and just fall off the ledge and was back in spirit form. I pretty much played the whole game that way. I only did that because my buddy who's into Soul's games told me about that and I honestly didn't even understand wtf the point of it was, but I did it lol.

I can't recall the red phantom dude you are talking about on 4-1 but I do remember there was an enemy (or two?) that once you defeat em they never come back. I remember those strange rolling dudes that reminded me of Terminators on the 4-1 level.

Yeah I wish I’d have done that now, I think this guy is appearing there because I didn’t. He didn’t used to be there, I had made it a good bit of the way through 4-1 at one point already but now he’s totally blocking me in that first archway. He’s separate from the rolling dudes who are pretty easily killable at this stage.

The other worlds all have the usual white eye thing for world tendency but this one has a black and red ominous looking thing, feels like it is totally closed to me now until I am way more powerful. This guy is far more difficult than any of the bosses.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012

I've have heard that if you invade another players game and kill them, the world tendency will go back to white at some point. I don't remember how many bosses you need to beat to have it go back to neutral.

The point of always playing the game in spirit form is to avoid having the world tendency go dark each time you die if you were playing as human form.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
OK so I got another one.

I did the mission where you are given a Porsche. Cool huh? Well I managed to drive right into the water. I open the door (don't think the physics work that way that you can just open it, but I disgress) and swim to the surface. There just so happens to be a ladder so I climb it and then try summoning the Porsche. The Porsche appears but I can't get inside because the door is still open and don't get the prompt to climb in. I try running up the road a bit and try summoning it again, same thing. I ended up summoning a different car which I was able to get into.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
OK so I think I am done with Cyberpunk. I did the default ending and then tried to do Panam's ending. But I cannot complete it, I'm at the end of the tank part but I cannot complete it because the tank is too damaged and there is no way I see to heal it.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I've have heard that if you invade another players game and kill them, the world tendency will go back to white at some point. I don't remember how many bosses you need to beat to have it go back to neutral.

The point of always playing the game in spirit form is to avoid having the world tendency go dark each time you die if you were playing as human form.

Buddy at work told me it will go back to neutral if I kill the black phantom ninja. Almost had him today — four parry/ripostes in a row and missed the fifth and final one. He’s quick and barely telegraphs his attacks at all, super precise timing on these but it’s the only hope I have. I upgraded my weapon and put a couple points into strength since so maybe four in a row will do it next time.

killed the flame lurker boss though so at least I have something to show for my excessive play time today besides grinding levels

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Buddy at work told me it will go back to neutral if I kill the black phantom ninja. Almost had him today — four parry/ripostes in a row and missed the fifth and final one. He’s quick and barely telegraphs his attacks at all, super precise timing on these but it’s the only hope I have. I upgraded my weapon and put a couple points into strength since so maybe four in a row will do it next time.

killed the flame lurker boss though so at least I have something to show for my excessive play time today besides grinding levels
Oh yeah forgot about the phantom guy. I wonder, in the upper latria level did you end up letting the one guy out of the cage? If you did, he ends up getting rid of people in the nexus. I haven't got to that part yet but I was watching a walkthrough and it was saying if you don't push him off the ledge, and you let him out the cage, it could be a problem.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Oh yeah forgot about the phantom guy. I wonder, in the upper latria level did you end up letting the one guy out of the cage? If you did, he ends up getting rid of people in the nexus. I haven't got to that part yet but I was watching a walkthrough and it was saying if you don't push him off the ledge, and you let him out the cage, it could be a problem.

Thats 3-2 right? Haven’t set foot in there yet but that’s next now that 2-2 is down. And I’ll keep going back to 4-1 for a little bit each time I play to try to kill the ninja and get the world back to neutral.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Thats 3-2 right? Haven’t set foot in there yet but that’s next now that 2-2 is down. And I’ll keep going back to 4-1 for a little bit each time I play to try to kill the ninja and get the world back to neutral.
I think so, that's where I left off in that game. Didn't know the consequences of not killing him so now I think I'll try to if I ever get back into demon souls at some point. But a heads up for you anyway if you end up letting him out and then people in the nexus disappear.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I think so, that's where I left off in that game. Didn't know the consequences of not killing him so now I think I'll try to if I ever get back into demon souls at some point. But a heads up for you anyway if you end up letting him out and then people in the nexus disappear.

Just beat that world today. I ended up having to free him to descend to the blood marshes (such a great environment) and I left him be. Found him in the nexus and killed him there. There were a few dead bodies (with valuable souls on them) but no one important. Anyway 3-2 boss is a cakewalk compared to the Flamelurker. Took a few tries (including one where he fell off the world and I had to suicide since I was trapped …) but nothing compared to the flame dude.

Also killed that black phantom Satsuki mofo in 4-1! Finally have enough hp and defense that he wouldn’t one shot me, and I used the clever rat ring to boost my low hp attack power. Easy fight after that and now I’m over leveled for 4-1 so it’s too easy.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm having a blast in Demon's Souls myself. Decided to give it another shot since I put it down last year. Pretty much just have 4-3/4 and 5-2/3/4 left and have completed the 1,2,3 black and white tendency events. Makes a huge difference going back to the Nexus and dying in body form after you beat a boss.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I'm having a blast in Demon's Souls myself. Decided to give it another shot since I put it down last year. Pretty much just have 4-3/4 and 5-2/3/4 left and have completed the 1,2,3 black and white tendency events. Makes a huge difference going back to the Nexus and dying in body form after you beat a boss.

How did you find the black and white tendency events? Just look up where to go?

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
How did you find the black and white tendency events? Just look up where to go?

I did, but honestly after doing them, they are pretty visible if you traverse the 3 zones. Just start with pure white doing the 2-3, suicide to get pure black and do 2-3.

Reactions: repoman0

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I did, but honestly after doing them, they are pretty visible if you traverse the 3 zones. Just start with pure white doing the 2-3, suicide to get pure black and do 2-3.

Thanks, think I might be pure white in 2 (kind of hard to tell) so I’ll start with that when I get around to it!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
So I got my "invite" from sony to get a "chance" to purchase a PS5 from them directly. Here's hoping.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
So I got my "invite" from sony to get a "chance" to purchase a PS5 from them directly. Here's hoping.

Hope you get one. Would be a hell of a good time to pick one up with the three huge games dropping in February (Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, and Horizon Forbidden West).

Reactions: Oyeve

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
My white case still looks perfectly unobtrusive, probably because it’s in a white media cabinet

I finally beat Demons Souls last week after about 40 hours. Eventually I’ll jump back in for NG+, but I started Dark Souls Remastered for now. So dated and janky feeling in comparison that I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it through .. sadly think I might have missed the boat on playing it when it was modern. 10 years is a long time I guess in video games. Maybe I’ll give DS3 a try instead.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Hope you get one. Would be a hell of a good time to pick one up with the three huge games dropping in February (Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, and Horizon Forbidden West).
I'll be getting those for myself too as a birthday gift even though I never finished demon souls. Dying light I enjoyed for a bit and it got tiring and repetitive but I'm curious to see what the new game has incorporated. Same thing too for horizon, don't remember why I stopped playing a mission or two before the end.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
My white case still looks perfectly unobtrusive, probably because it’s in a white media cabinet

I finally beat Demons Souls last week after about 40 hours. Eventually I’ll jump back in for NG+, but I started Dark Souls Remastered for now. So dated and janky feeling in comparison that I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it through .. sadly think I might have missed the boat on playing it when it was modern. 10 years is a long time I guess in video games. Maybe I’ll give DS3 a try instead.

I have spent hundreds of hours in DS3. It does feel much more current than even the Remaster. However, the one area that to me is a downgrade is the armor crafting.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I have spent hundreds of hours in DS3. It does feel much more current than even the Remaster. However, the one area that to me is a downgrade is the armor crafting.

Wow, I never even liked using armor in Dark Souls 1. Felt like it just slowed me down from being able to dodge hits while not allowing me to take much more damage before dying. I ended up playing the game just in robes to keep my agility high.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I'll be getting those for myself too as a birthday gift even though I never finished demon souls. Dying light I enjoyed for a bit and it got tiring and repetitive but I'm curious to see what the new game has incorporated. Same thing too for horizon, don't remember why I stopped playing a mission or two before the end.

I thought Dying Light was kind of boring the first couple of hours, but once I could start getting swords and sickles it became such brilliant ultraviolence and I couldn't put the game down.