Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I also don't mind if the game is short as long as it's good quality. My problem is I rarely have time to finish games so I've been playing less open world games unless it's really really good because I get caught up in the side stuff and get bored before I end up finishing them.

I don't have as much time for games as I used to but I'll buy ratchet and clank soon at some point. Finished Miles Morales and I'm trying to decide if I want to rush through RE 8 before I get ratchet and clank.

Reactions: blckgrffn

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Finished Ratchet and Clank last night. The ending sequence is just awesome. So much shit going on and so many battles.

And I immediately started it over again in Challenge mode with all of my weapons/items, and they definitely incentivize you to do more play throughs just like the older ones. Next thing I knew, I had been playing for an hour after I had beaten it.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Finished Ratchet and Clank last night. The ending sequence is just awesome. So much shit going on and so many battles.

And I immediately started it over again in Challenge mode with all of my weapons/items, and they definitely incentivize you to do more play throughs just like the older ones. Next thing I knew, I had been playing for an hour after I had beaten it.

So are the weapons as creative as they were in the PS4 game? Loved using the Groovitron to make enemies dance themselves to death in the previous game.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So are the weapons as creative as they were in the PS4 game? Loved using the Groovitron to make enemies dance themselves to death in the previous game.
Yeah there are some really cool weapons and I feel like it's the same "kind" as the previous ones, where there are just some that are much better and/or more fun to use than others. There is also a REALLY cool weapon that doesn't unlock until after you beat the game. It's probably my favorite weapon as far as being cool and fun, and it's different for every enemy, but it's not the most practical as far as damage goes.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Until the supply is enough that stock is available at multiple places, this will continue to happen.
It also doesn't help that these companies are doing drops in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping. I don't really get that part of it.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
It also doesn't help that these companies are doing drops in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping. I don't really get that part of it.

That way they can sell their inventory without having disruptions during the day when normal people are using it. Amazon gives zero fucks about bots and scalpers.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
That way they can sell their inventory without having disruptions during the day when normal people are using it. Amazon gives zero fucks about bots and scalpers.
Yeah that is a good point about not disrupting the site.

I agree that retailers don't really care about bots/scalpers too because a sale is a sale, but someone did make a good point earlier in this thread that bots/scalpers don't buy games and accessories with purchases of consoles, so in theory, they could be making more money by end users purchasing it.

But I would just guess that amount of $$ people would have spent on games/accessories is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and these people will still order games/accessories from Amazon regardless of where they get the consoles in the end.

Reactions: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001

Yeah, I mean if you get a shipment surely it’s during the day at some point

I’m casually lurking for one but I’m not going to go out of my way or lose sleep hunting it on every site. I’m not that huge of a gamer these days. I just want one before God of War and The new Horizon game release. I would otherwise play a couple Ps4 titles on it that have some type of enhanced performance. I’m selective with my time lately and a lot of money has been going toward other hobbies.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
It's officially official. Now I wish I had never played this game so I could play this version for the first time. I won't be getting it for sure though because I already sunk enough time into it. One of the best games in recent times.

• Love
Reactions: blckgrffn

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
It's officially official. Now I wish I had never played this game so I could play this version for the first time. I won't be getting it for sure though because I already sunk enough time into it. One of the best games in recent times.

I still haven't finished it. So I guess it's a new story? Or do you think it ties the same story from GOT with with enhancements?

I'm not even sure if I'm half through the game yet. I know I got kind of tired of it after doing too many side things. But it's a beautiful game and the gameplay is great.

I wonder if existing owners of the game can get a discount for the ps5 version.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I still haven't finished it. So I guess it's a new story? Or do you think it ties the same story from GOT with with enhancements?

I'm not even sure if I'm half through the game yet. I know I got kind of tired of it after doing too many side things. But it's a beautiful game and the gameplay is great.

I took it as saying the new story is only part of the new island itself.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

PS5 upgrade is $30, PS4 upgrade is $20. Ugh always the $10 PS5 tax Sony applies to its most loyal customers. Still, I'd have already pre-ordered if I could have (just checked and can't).

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Been playing The Last of Us Part II the last few days and man I can't understand why so many crapped all over this game. No spoilers but love the characters so far and this is such a tense game. I love how chaotic the firefights feel too. You never feel like Rambo, it always feels like you could easily get killed every time.

Reactions: repoman0

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Been playing The Last of Us Part II the last few days and man I can't understand why so many crapped all over this game. No spoilers but love the characters so far and this is such a tense game. I love how chaotic the firefights feel too. You never feel like Rambo, it always feels like you could easily get killed every time.
People crapped over the story and characters, not the actual gameplay.

But I am 100% with you - I don't get it either.

I didn't read about any of the controversy until after I finished the game, but some of it does involve spoilers, but you probably have already passed some of the spoilers or maybe all of it, I am not sure. When you hear about what the controversy entails you will realize that it's just a bunch of incel internet nerds who were primarily the main ones who were mad about stuff.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Is it any better than the first game? I gave up on that one maybe halfway through due to boredom.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Is it any better than the first game? I gave up on that one maybe halfway through due to boredom.
If you didn't like the first one I can't say you will like the second. The combat is a bit more improved. You can now roll around and go prone in grass/under cars, etc. But if you didn't like the gameplay sequence/story of TLOU you most likely won't enjoy the sequel either. It's more of the same, just overall much better presented.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
If you didn't like the first one I can't say you will like the second. The combat is a bit more improved. You can now roll around and go prone in grass/under cars, etc. But if you didn't like the gameplay sequence/story of TLOU you most likely won't enjoy the sequel either. It's more of the same, just overall much better presented.
I was more bored by the characters and story than the gameplay.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I thought TLOU was pretty boring for like the first 3 or so hours, until you started scaling that skyscraper. I almost gave up prior to that just because I found it boring. However I was glad I stuck with it because it's one of the greatest games there is.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I was more bored by the characters and story than the gameplay.
A lot of the hate on the second game was due to the story and progression of it. People expected it to go a different direction. The story is longer here, more complex but in the end it starts making sense. Maybe rent it and see if you are into it. Starts off slow, but it picks up and it definitely kept me interested wondering what I would be doing next.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
You guys ever have crashes on your PS5? I got mine about 4 months ago and have now crashed twice, once on Ghost of Tsushima the first week I had the PS5, and then a few minutes ago on The Last of Us Part II. The GOT crash was a hard crash requiring a reboot, while the TLOU Part II crash just crashed to the home screen.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I haven't had that happen but I definitely heard that happening to people with Cyberpunk and also with Ratchet and Clank.

On another note I started Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order tonight and damn it's pretty cool. I'm not a huge SW fan or anything, it's just an average sci fi thing to me, but I grabbed it cause it is $13 right now and my buddy was hyping it up.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I haven't had that happen but I definitely heard that happening to people with Cyberpunk and also with Ratchet and Clank.

On another note I started Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order tonight and damn it's pretty cool. I'm not a huge SW fan or anything, it's just an average sci fi thing to me, but I grabbed it cause it is $13 right now and my buddy was hyping it up.
I was surprised a lot by Jedi fallen order. Turned out to be a really cool game. I enjoy platforming and action/adventure. I played it on PC and was really happy I got it in the end.

Can't say I've had any issues with my ps5 crashing. I don't remember it ever doing that.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
You guys ever have crashes on your PS5? I got mine about 4 months ago and have now crashed twice, once on Ghost of Tsushima the first week I had the PS5, and then a few minutes ago on The Last of Us Part II. The GOT crash was a hard crash requiring a reboot, while the TLOU Part II crash just crashed to the home screen.

Mine crashed every session of Spider Man for the first few weeks until the game got like 3 post launch (relaunch?) stability patches.

It's been much rarer since... one hard crash in Control maybe but also it's been reliable that I actually use Rest Mode. For a while there I treated it like a Windows 98 machine - always off when not in use and a reboot between different apps.