Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
IGN's reviewer said it took him 10 hours. It's $60 though for PS5. Still, I'm not paying that much for a 10 hour game.
Ah ok I'm not sure where I saw $70 from. I think 7 was shorter in general. I still have miles Morales and dark souls to finish when I get around to it. I might buy it at some point. I know I have $20-30 left over on some random gift card that may expire if I don't use it.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Ah ok I'm not sure where I saw $70 from. I think 7 was shorter in general. I still have miles Morales and dark souls to finish when I get around to it. I might buy it at some point. I know I have $20-30 left over on some random gift card that may expire if I don't use it.

If you liked NieR Automata I'd highly recommend Nier Replicant if that gift card is running out soon. Or if you don't have Final Fantasy VII Remake yet, that's getting a free 60 fps upgrade for PS5 next month. Though I'm highly biased towards Japanese games.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010

It's pretty much a last gen game albeit it does look pretty good. Walmart had the PS5 version at $50 a couple days ago it seems. That it is short appears to be accurate.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
If you liked NieR Automata I'd highly recommend Nier Replicant if that gift card is running out soon. Or if you don't have Final Fantasy VII Remake yet, that's getting a free 60 fps upgrade for PS5 next month. Though I'm highly biased towards Japanese games.
I haven't played NieR Automata but I've watched someone play a few episodes of it on YouTube. Seems like Replicant is similar..lots and lots of waves of enemies. Still haven't decided if I would be into it as much as I've heard about it.

I have final fantasy remake and it's alright I'm not too into it to continue where I left off.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Couldn't resist Nier Replicant sqrt 1.5 now that I'm right about to beat Spiderman Remastered. So glad to see Replicant selling well and being pretty beloved now after the reviewers crapped all over the original version of the game (which was still awesome) back in 2010.

Reactions: blckgrffn

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Started RE8 tonight. I'm like 90 mins in. It's just alright so far. I'm not sure if I'm really liking the theme/direction it is going but it's still early. It's definitely not even close to being as scary as 7 in PSVR. It's not really scary at all. I also kinda wish I got it on X1X because the PS5 analogs just aren't as good IMO and feels a bit loose. But I got it in hopes there may be a VR patch at some point.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I also got RE 8 but it's been over a week since I got time to play it. This morning I played about an hour or so. It's definitely more action oriented compared to 7.

Still has the creepy feel but doesn't build as much suspense as 7 did.

Kind of feels like RE 4 but I didn't play 4 that much. I think I'll like it more later as I have heard the game gets more intense and creepy later on. But it's definitely more action playtime than 7.

Also the voice acting is ridiculous for where the game takes place. I speak Romanian and the accents of the pronunciations of some of the words are ridiculous.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I also got RE 8 but it's been over a week since I got time to play it. This morning I played about an hour or so. It's definitely more action oriented compared to 7.

Still has the creepy feel but doesn't build as much suspense as 7 did.

Kind of feels like RE 4 but I didn't play 4 that much. I think I'll like it more later as I have heard the game gets more intense and creepy later on. But it's definitely more action playtime than 7.

Also the voice acting is ridiculous for where the game takes place. I speak Romanian and the accents of the pronunciations of some of the words are ridiculous.
The bullet sponge enemies in RE8 are really bothering me. And the impact of the bullets is pretty much non existant with the handgun which is just super weak looking and takes me out of it a bit.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I wonder if you have to finish the previous horizon to play the new one. I don't feel like installing it to figure out the controls again and do one or two last missions.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
With no year even given in the preview kind of sounds like Horizon Forbidden West is going to be a 2022 game. With Dying Light 2 officially announced for December 7th (might as well be a 2022 game), 2021 looks like a real wasteland other than Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
^ God of War Ragnarok too supposedly? But yeah the new Horizon game is really the killer app for me. I loved the first one. R&C will probably be my first PS5 game, it’s just been a fancy 60fps PS4 for me so far.

Oh and there’s a new Yuffie part of FF7 coming for PS5 only when they release the next gen update. I’m sure I’ll play that but tbd how much content it actually is.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Yea the lineup for this year leaves it to be desired. After watching the horizon video I'll be getting this game. Which kind of coincides with how hard it still is to get a ps5 so 2022 might be a better year.

I've been trying to get another console for my friend but no luck. I must have gotten super lucky when I got mine.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
With no year even given in the preview kind of sounds like Horizon Forbidden West is going to be a 2022 game. With Dying Light 2 officially announced for December 7th (might as well be a 2022 game), 2021 looks like a real wasteland other than Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

No question there's been disruptions caused by all those shutdowns. It may still be that they are unwilling to commit to a release date yet and it could be released in 2021.

^ God of War Ragnarok too supposedly?

Seems pretty clear that H2FW is going to be released first.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
^ God of War Ragnarok too supposedly? But yeah the new Horizon game is really the killer app for me. I loved the first one. R&C will probably be my first PS5 game, it’s just been a fancy 60fps PS4 for me so far.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Ragnarok coming out for a while. Last God of War we got gameplay video of most of the first stage of the game at E3 2016 and it was still nearly two years before we got the game. We have seen absolutely nothing revealed of Ragnarok.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Yea the lineup for this year leaves it to be desired. After watching the horizon video I'll be getting this game. Which kind of coincides with how hard it still is to get a ps5 so 2022 might be a better year.

I've been trying to get another console for my friend but no luck. I must have gotten super lucky when I got mine.

Is using the direct add to cart links for walmart.com not bearing fruit anymore? I got mine on the fourth attempt (but first day) when I used that method recommended earlier in the thread.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Is using the direct add to cart links for walmart.com not bearing fruit anymore? I got mine on the fourth attempt (but first day) when I used that method recommended earlier in the thread.
Oh I didn't save the direct add to cart link since i never thought I would be trying to order another.

I know they were posted here at one point. I should share those with my friend as he's been trying daily but gets so upset trying.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Oh I didn't save the direct add to cart link since i never thought I would be trying to order another.

I know they were posted here at one point. I should share those with my friend as he's been trying daily but gets so upset trying.

If you look in early February posts I think I may have quoted a post with those links. You're not home free with them though. Walmart launches tend to go like:

1. Announce they'll put them up for sale at 3PM EST that day
2. Put it up for sale at 3PM EST
3. All claimed within maybe 30 seconds
4. Walmart boots the buyers they figure are bots and return the PS5's they claimed to the pool
5. Then put the remaining PS5 up for sale at 3:10PM EST

And they keep doing this cycle every 10 minutes. I have seen them do the cycle 9 or 10 times but it only went 5 times the day I got mine (got it on the last cycle, though got it in cart every single time).

Of course CC and shipping address need to have been pre-entered and stored with Walmart and better have your CVV memorized too. Your friend won't have time to enter anything but the CVV when rushing through checkout.

Anyways, I'd just keep refreshing that direct add to cart link a minute before the release until I got it in the shopping cart and rush through checkout. Worked finally on the fourth attempt the first day I tried the method (I wasn't in time for the original 3PM drop but got it at the 3:40PM drop).

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
If you look in early February posts I think I may have quoted a post with those links. You're not home free with them though. Walmart launches tend to go like:

1. Announce they'll put them up for sale at 3PM EST that day
2. Put it up for sale at 3PM EST
3. All claimed within maybe 30 seconds
4. Walmart boots the buyers they figure are bots and return the PS5's they claimed to the pool
5. Then put the remaining PS5 up for sale at 3:10PM EST

And they keep doing this cycle every 10 minutes. I have seen them do the cycle 9 or 10 times but it only went 5 times the day I got mine (got it on the last cycle, though got it in cart every single time).

Of course CC and shipping address need to have been pre-entered and stored with Walmart and better have your CVV memorized too. Your friend won't have time to enter anything but the CVV when rushing through checkout.

Anyways, I'd just keep refreshing that direct add to cart link a minute before the release until I got it in the shopping cart and rush through checkout. Worked finally on the fourth attempt the first day I tried the method (I wasn't in time for the original 3PM drop but got it at the 3:40PM drop).
I went and dug up the direct add to cart link. The disc version has a reseller right now with one for $1098 when using the link.

Hopefully when they do another drop he will be able to select the non reseller version.

The digital link still functions and looks like I remember.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
I am playing Final Fantasy XV again. I hate to say this, but I prefer Steady Mode (locked 30 fps) over Lite Mode (on PS5 it should be locked 60 fps). Just don't like the feel of the camera movement. Maybe it's my TV?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I am playing Final Fantasy XV again. I hate to say this, but I prefer Steady Mode (locked 30 fps) over Lite Mode (on PS5 it should be locked 60 fps). Just don't like the feel of the camera movement. Maybe it's my TV?

If there is some type of acceleration on the camera controls it can feel foaty maybe. I don’t remember how it played on PC which was 60fps vsync.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I still can't even buy a PS5 at a retail or online store at their normal price.
Best chance is best buy drops. I almost got one for my friend who still hasn't secured one. Got to checkout but all store locations could not be picked up from.

Sad thing is you have to be on the product page before the drop happens or else you enter the queue too late.