OFFICIAL NFL 2012 week 9 thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
So maybe the rest of the NFL can stop hiring people from the Patriots to be their head coaches. Denver tried that with Josh McD, which was a disaster. The Chiefs hired Romeo Crennel the end of last year, the Chiefs even hired a few players from the Patriots. Even college team like Notre Dame gave Charles Weis a chance as head coach. None of them has much success.

Nov 3, 2004
So maybe the rest of the NFL can stop hiring people from the Patriots to be their head coaches. Denver tried that with Josh McD, which was a disaster. The Chiefs hired Romeo Crennel the end of last year, the Chiefs even hired a few players from the Patriots. Even college team like Notre Dame gave Charles Weis a chance as head coach. None of them has much success.

The official do not hire list:
Mike Singletary
Bill Belichick proteges
Norv Turner

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
Romeo Crennel will be getting fired before the end of the season

Don't know why they ever removed the interim tag from him, they never had a chance to be great under him. That and all their QBs suck, why didn't they draft one?

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Don't know why they ever removed the interim tag from him, they never had a chance to be great under him. That and all their QBs suck, why didn't they draft one?

IDK, I guess they thought that last year was just a slump and he would return to at least his decent 2010 form but that ain't happening.

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006
In the esteemed words of Top Gun air traffic control guy, "I want some butts."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEURsGD0-WQ

Also hopefully the chiefs leave crennel in SD, distract him with pudding so he doesnt see the plane leave.

When they fired Hailey last year Hunt/Pioli said it was due to inconsistency. The chiefs have definitely been consistent this year, unfortunately its been consistently terrible.

Last edited:

The_Dude8

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2000

they're waiting to draft Geno smith or Matt Blakley with their number 1 draft pick next year.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
All the pundits had either KC or SD winning the AFC west this year

I doubt that, show proof if you got it :p - I know a few people had the Broncos in the super bowl (Peter King of SI most notably). I don't see how anyone could back the Chief's or Chargers though, not now, not in the past, and not in the foreseeable future.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
THU, NOV 1
Kansas City at San Diego 8:20 PM NFL

SUN, NOV 4
Denver at Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS
Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 PM CBS
Arizona at Green Bay 1:00 PM FOX
Chicago at Tennessee 1:00 PM FOX
Miami at Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS
Carolina at Washington 1:00 PM FOX
Detroit at Jacksonville 1:00 PM FOX
Buffalo at Houston 1:00 PM CBS
Minnesota at Seattle 4:05 PM FOX
Tampa Bay at Oakland 4:05 PM FOX
Pittsburgh at NY Giants 4:25 PM CBS
Dallas at Atlanta 8:20 PM NBC

MON, NOV 5
Philadelphia at New Orleans 8:30 PM

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Funny coming from a Broncos supporter. They never cheated or got caught. Oh wait...

LOL, as I mentioned in another post, a cheap ticket, jersey attire of the opposing team and a pair of $300 digital binoculars you could capture anything, teams are aware of this and frequently change signals for that reason alone.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Funny stat about Chicago even before this game:

TD's allowed: 7
TD's made by the defense: 7

Now that number is allowed: 7
Made: 9

:D

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
LOL @ Terry Bradshaw.

He just said that Reggie Bush was running like he was chasing a bucket of chicken.