***OFFICIAL*** NCAA Men's Tournament Thread

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slydecix

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2001
wow, msu's really been playin well lately... i hope they won't be too much for maryland :-/

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Woohoo! Thank you Auburn! And that's coming from an Alabama fan. I knew they could take down Wake. However, they won't get by Syracuse in New York.

Despite an ugly start (especially in the Midwest bracket) I've recovered nicely with no deep wounds except for Florida who I had making it to the Elite 8. And I just did a quickie analysis on my office pool. Assuming Kentucky beats Pitt in the Midwest final it LOOKS like I'll be set to win the pool given the similarity in the picks of my closest competitors. That would make 2 years in a row. :D Unfortunately, only 15 people from the office played this year so not as much dough.

Am I the only one who thinks that whoever wins the Midwest final will take it all? Not to slight any of the other teams, but Kentucky just looks to be on a whole other level right now with Pitt and Kansas being the best two teams after that IMO. Plus, with the Final Four in New Orleans, the only team that'll be able to bring the same volume of fans as Kentucky would be Texas since the New Orleans fans will most likely be pulling for the SEC school.

bGIveNs33

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: aphex
This sucks. Im gonna miss my game tonight at 7pm Gonna be at my LSAT review course. Oh well priorities....

You're glad you didn't watch ;)

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: MeanMeosh
HOOK 'EM HORNS!

seriously, the longhorns are looking to kick some major butt!

I don't think the horns can pierce turtle shell.

:)

bbkat

Mar 7, 2001
Ok, time to bring this back from 35 pages deep...

42 for 48 after 2 rounds. To win the office pool - Kentucky must LOSE! And they are down right now.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: bbkat

42 for 48 after 2 rounds. To win the office pool - Kentucky must LOSE! And they are down right now.

too bad. :D

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: pyonir

Double :D

bbkat

Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Engineer
Originally posted by: pyonir

Double :D

Still plenty of time...

Uh oh, Kentucky needs a miracle :D :D - down by 19 less than 5 minutes

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Damn, my picks are done. I had KU going the whole way. At least my dad in the same pool is the only person with Marquette going all the way. If they win, he wins 650 bucks.

bbkat

Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: thawolfman
Here comes AZ!!! 13-0 run to cut Kansas lead to 3 at the half

And there they go...;)

:|

hmm..... if Mich St wins it all, I may still be alive mathematically

*jim carey - dumb & dumber* "so you're saying there's a chance...."

RBlount

Jan 3, 2001
Damn,

I finished Friday with 6 out of the elite 8 and all 4 Final Four's still alive. Moved up to 3rd.

End of Saturday. So much for my bracket!

-Rob