**Official "How 'bout dem Lions" Week 14 NFL Thread**

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Giants won because Dallas didn't provide coverage for one pass, not exactly a bang the drums victory.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Broncos looked awful. If they still make the playoffs they won't last long
At this point looks like they'll lose out the rest of the season and go 8-8. :(

It all seems to go back to their offensive offensive line. Without a good O-line, they can't protect the QB, so he keeps getting injured. Without a good O-line, they can't run, so they have to pass more, so the QB is more of a target too. Without a good O-line, they can't practice against the run, so the defense is collapsing there too.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
At this point looks like they'll lose out the rest of the season and go 8-8. :(

It all seems to go back to their offensive offensive line. Without a good O-line, they can't protect the QB, so he keeps getting injured. Without a good O-line, they can't run, so they have to pass more, so the QB is more of a target too. Without a good O-line, they can't practice against the run, so the defense is collapsing there too.

Yes, the O-line is a big issue. Coaching is also an issue, as it seems like things don't click until the 4th quarter and then it's often too late.

The coaching also affects the O-line as they don't seem to be utilized well. Last week IIRC (the KC game) the O-line was having a hell of a time containing a certain player until they put somebody else out there and things seemed to shape up. The commentators pointed it out too.

Reactions: Ken g6

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Imagine that, another clueless hater just seeing shit he wants to see.

Far from clueless. It was clear as day, admitted to be by announcers. I don't remember the Packers player, if you were watching it and don't think it was PI, then you're the one who sees what he wants. Deep left on 3rd down in the first quarter. My comment was factual, and backed up. They replayed it in slow mo, obvious PI. Fact is, Seahacks have gotten the benefit of calls this year. A few even deciding games. Hater? Yeah, hater of missed terrible calls and dirty players. And Sherman playing dirty like always. Nothing new. But hey, toss out insults as usual.

Not that he was the only one, several dirty plays this week. He's just the most common offender, and will get fined for it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Far from clueless. It was clear as day, admitted to be by announcers. I don't remember the Packers player, if you were watching it and don't think it was PI, then you're the one who sees what he wants. Deep left on 3rd down in the first quarter. My comment was factual, and backed up. They replayed it in slow mo, obvious PI. Fact is, Seahacks have gotten the benefit of calls this year. A few even deciding games. Hater? Yeah, hater of missed terrible calls and dirty players. And Sherman playing dirty like always. Nothing new. But hey, toss out insults as usual.

Not that he was the only one, several dirty plays this week. He's just the most common offender, and will get fined for it.

The Seahawks have been penalized mroe than any other team on defense in the last 3 seasons. No idea what you are smoking.

Oh, you are clever and call them"seahacks," so this makes you so smart.

How often do you care about calls that go your way when they shouldn't? Probably not all that much, I imagine. Of course they get away with shit, they also get penalized for things they don't do. Just like every other team. What makes you so smart to determine that the world is aligned against you because the Seahawks, in one play, got the call that they absolutely should not have gotten? Should they get penalized for every single penalty, then--unlike all other teams in the NFL? What makes them so special to deserve this treatment, in your mind?

Last edited:

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
This sounds like a nice research paper for someone. Grab the rule book for each year and note now many uncalled penalties and called non-penalties occur in each game. It would be tedious as hell (but that's what grad students are for), but would be really interesting to see.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
of all team fan bases, calling Cowboys fans "fair weather" is one I never thought I would hear.

It's as if you think they have no history, or something. :D

I am not talking about long time 'Boys fans..way back since the days of Tom Landry, Staubach and such.

I am talking about fans that would jump on the band wagon whenever a team is winning/becoming hot. You are not from this area because lately the blue star flags were out in full force when Da Boys were on the winning streak.

Last edited:

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I am not talking about long time 'Boys fans..way back since the days of Tom Landry, Staubach and such.

I am talking about fans that would jump on the band wagon whenever a team is winning/becoming hot. You are not from this area because lately the blue star flags were out in full force when Da Boys were on the winning streak.

Are you in Louisiana? I've lived near Shreveport and New Orleans and the Shreveport area folks are more prone to being on the Cowboy bandwagon. In the New Orleans area I never saw too much non-Saints gear, even in the bad years.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Broncos may be bad, but they could be worse. Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of the last time the Browns won a game. :laughing:

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Missed the Vikings game, unsure if I should go back and watched the condensed version. Based on the score I'd imagine a lot of FGs and some garbage time TDs.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Giants won because Dallas didn't provide coverage for one pass, not exactly a bang the drums victory.

And again, 2 words of actual truth kept, drivel eliminated. Giants won, Dallas lost. Doesn't matter how or by how much. They count up the results of ALL the plays, not just the ones where Dallas provides coverage.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

There were multiple phases of the game, not just one play. Elliot ran for over 100 yards but when we needed to we stopped him. Overall the defense shut down Dallas very well. Our offense is middling because we are missing a couple of components on the O-Line. When the ball slipped out of Eli's hands as he was about to throw it to a wide open Roger Lewis. If it wasn't for that slip, we could say it would be 17-7. Either way this was a grind it out game and the Giants grinded it better, against arguably the best team in the league. And sorry to break it to you but explosive plays are part of the game. Maybe Dallas should have gotten Dez involved like Eli managed to find OBJ on a slant, a pass he can take to the house any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Overall a solid win in a close game.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
And again, 2 words of actual truth kept, drivel eliminated. Giants won, Dallas lost. Doesn't matter how or by how much. They count up the results of ALL the plays, not just the ones where Dallas provides coverage.

You never said they won and nobody is debating they won. That's your strawman argument. What you REALLY said was, "Who's your daddy bitches" which means total ownage and destruction and we all know that didn't happen.
Giants were lucky just to escape with a win. Eli had his lost puppy dog look all night long while causing 3 turnovers. He wasn't dominating anything last night. His wife probably slapped him when he got home. I agree the Giants defense came to play though.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Are you in Louisiana? I've lived near Shreveport and New Orleans and the Shreveport area folks are more prone to being on the Cowboy bandwagon. In the New Orleans area I never saw too much non-Saints gear, even in the bad years.

I do have good friends in Shreveport and NO. Fair weather fans are everywhere. A while back, when Seattle was hot, they jumped out and now the Cowboys.

This is what I am taking about, fair weather fans are calling Dak to be replace by Romo = http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...eaming-for-tony-romo-to-replace-dak-prescott/

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
No one is claiming they didn't win. You're the one claiming the Cowboys are the Giant's bitch which implies they completely owned and dominated them, which was not the case at all, in either of the wins they have. But ignore your claim once again to let us know that the Giants won which we already know.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Man, that feature with the kid with cancer was rough. Good on the Pats for giving him a break for a while.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
The Lions have the following three games left:

at New York Giants
at Dallas Cowboys
vs Green Bay Packers

They easily lose out and miss the playoffs entirely with a 9-7 record.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
No one is claiming they didn't win. You're the one claiming the Cowboys are the Giant's bitch which implies they completely owned and dominated them, which was not the case at all, in either of the wins they have. But ignore your claim once again to let us know that the Giants won which we already know.

He could very well mean that in a season in which the Cowgirls are 11-2, the fact that the Giants are responsible for both of those losses makes them their bitches, not that they dominated them or anything.

The Cowsissies are rocking and rolling this season with only 2 losses. Via the giants. Aka someone is someone's bitches, and it sure ain't the Giants being the Cowboys bitches.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
The Seahawks have been penalized mroe than any other team on defense in the last 3 seasons. No idea what you are smoking.

Oh, you are clever and call them"seahacks," so this makes you so smart.

How often do you care about calls that go your way when they shouldn't? Probably not all that much, I imagine. Of course they get away with shit, they also get penalized for things they don't do. Just like every other team. What makes you so smart to determine that the world is aligned against you because the Seahawks, in one play, got the call that they absolutely should not have gotten? Should they get penalized for every single penalty, then--unlike all other teams in the NFL? What makes them so special to deserve this treatment, in your mind?

You tried that argument before, most penalized. Didn't work then either. Fact is, they've benefited more than other teams on non calls in the most critical times. They've won two games this year because of no calls at the end of the game. That's a fact. They're dirty, especially Sherman. I used to really like him. He's turned into a whiney, dirty player who often times says dumb things. I don't care if you agree or not, lots of announcers agree on being dirty and benefiting from calls.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You tried that argument before, most penalized. Didn't work then either. Fact is, they've benefited more than other teams on non calls in the most critical times. They've won two games this year because of no calls at the end of the game. That's a fact. They're dirty, especially Sherman. I used to really like him. He's turned into a whiney, dirty player who often times says dumb things. I don't care if you agree or not, lots of announcers agree on being dirty and benefiting from calls.

it didn't work, then? why, because you are butthurt at things on the TV?

sure, pal. show my how they have benefited more than any other team because of no-calls. Desperate claims need some sort of cold numbers.

Tell me: how did the Seahawks benefit greatly from this no-call last night which seems to have mortally wounded you? lol!

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Should have been a blow out tonight but Jones and Slater both had to fumble within 14 seconds to give Baltimore an easy 14 points. But NE's offense looked good against the No 1 defense in the league.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
*************** Week 15 ***************

Damn, I didn't know my projector could show that Seahawks uniform color. It freaked me out a little out of the corner of my eye.