**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rwmega

Aug 6, 2004
Half Life 2 was an excellent game as for alot of people claiming that the ending 'sucks'. I would say you need to check out the ending again for the Original it was just as much of a tease as this one. I doubt we'll have to wait another 6 yrs for a sequel because this one is even more of a cliffhanger - heck they freeze it once that thing happens <edited to remove spoiler>.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
Just finished the game and thought I would post a few random thoughts...

- The game seemed VERY short.

- I didn't think the ending was that bad. It could have been better though. I would have liked to have seen a cut scene showing more of the destruction of the citadel. I also didn't like how the G-man kinda walked out of thin air. It would have been better if Gordon had been teleported some place interesting, then the G-man could say his little speech, then end it.

- I found the squadmates getting in the way more then helping.

- The visuals were very good but didn't live up to the promise of the early videos IMHO

- Great physics

- The difficulty level seemed very uneven (my biggest complaint). I played on normal. Large portions of the game were very easy. However, occassionally things would become very tough, at least for me. :)

Overall it was a fun game but after completing it I can't help but feel like..."Was that it?" I hope the expansion packs that I am sure will follow are priced more reasonibly and are no shorter than the original game.

-KeithP

Ben

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wish I had a dollar for every time the game crashed.

It would have been free by now.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Man the game is just too unrealistic....And there is less action and more puzzle-solving...Im on that water hazard level and now its getting really boring and repititous...Get on the mudslider, down some helicopters, kill some guards and then figure out where to go.....I havent played HL1 either so I wouldn't know much.....Looks Like Ill be dumping the game for a while....FarCry was much more fun. and so was Call of Duty and MOH:AA...yet to play chronicles of riddick or Painkiller....

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I just finished the game. From where I saved yesterday I only had about 5 minutes left to play. The last level in particular is very short. The game does seem short but I felt like I did a lot when it was over.

The ending was too short and leaves a lot unanswered.

Overall I thought the game was great. There's some really amazing things in the game, the physics and the enemy AI were nicely done. The AI of the guys that followed/helped you needs some work. The graphics were VERY impressive. I actually built a new PC just for this game, framerates were always very good.

quadcells

Jul 18, 2000
My co-worker just finished the game and would like to sell it to me.
So can I load it and run it? What about the registration?

tbird2340

Aug 3, 2003
Is there anywhere to download the HL2 deathmatch maps (the most popular ones) so you don't have to wait for them to dload when you go to actually play?

EpsiIon

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: quadcells
My co-worker just finished the game and would like to sell it to me.
So can I load it and run it? What about the registration?

He'll also have to sell you his Steam account. This is pretty much a bad idea and you should just buy it yourself, but it's up to you.

If you want more details, do some research at SteamPowered (both the site and the forums there).