**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 46 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Algere

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: cerebusPu
for some reason half life2 gives me headaches while playing. no other FPS game does that for some reason. the frame rate is high (50fps+ on a radeon x800) with a 16ms response time LCD.

i suppose its a good thing because it prevents addiction and over playing.

we need to setup a formal way to help with the puzzles. i keep getting stuck at different places.

I find the game making me queasy too, reading the HL2 steam forum lots of other people are getting headaches or feeling sick also.
Same here

Actually puked into the toilet cause of this game, which was a first.

Slogun

Platinum Member
Jul 4, 2001
I haven't experienced any queasines, What is it about the game that is making people sick?

Shadocal

Nov 20, 2004
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Shoot downthe helicopter with the gun on the hover boat, and then climb up the long ladder on the dam to the very left. You should be able to take over from there.

But I don't have a gun on the hoverboat!!! Where did I miss that?

VIAN

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2003
On Hard:

Enemies take more hits to kill
Enemies hits take more
Enemies seem to have stronger reflexes after spotting you
I think Enemies might hide more and run at you less
There are more enemies
They have better accuracy

LoserSlayer

Nov 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Slogun
I haven't experienced any queasines, What is it about the game that is making people sick?
I don't see how the game can make you fell sick. Nothing wrong here.

LoserSlayer

Nov 8, 2004
I swear, people don't know how to play a good game, especially HL2. Go everywhere you can in the game if you're stuck.If something doesn't work try something else. If that doesn't work then keep trying something different.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Shadocal
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Shoot downthe helicopter with the gun on the hover boat, and then climb up the long ladder on the dam to the very left. You should be able to take over from there.

But I don't have a gun on the hoverboat!!! Where did I miss that?

You must be at a different area than I originally suspected, in which case, you're nowhere near the end.

Perhaps a screenshot of your location would help.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: screw3d
OMFG

My jaw dropped when Alyx's dog pwned the combines with its acrobatic skills :Q

Same here... the Dog sequences were great to watch. Not only did they look awesome, but they were truely entertaining. Pretty amazing for a video game.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Algere
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: cerebusPu
for some reason half life2 gives me headaches while playing. no other FPS game does that for some reason. the frame rate is high (50fps+ on a radeon x800) with a 16ms response time LCD.

i suppose its a good thing because it prevents addiction and over playing.

we need to setup a formal way to help with the puzzles. i keep getting stuck at different places.

I find the game making me queasy too, reading the HL2 steam forum lots of other people are getting headaches or feeling sick also.
Same here

Actually puked into the toilet cause of this game, which was a first.

It thought I was the only one! I had a real uncomfortable time driving the hovercraft. Maybe all the spinning and fast moving craft is the cause

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Now that was a cool feature with the crossbow: Impaled

Evolution a la Half-life 2

Well I thougth that was some nice details. Another fun thing happened when I was messing around with the grav. gun and one of the soldiers threw a grenade at me..... I catched it in mid air and threw it back at him...... that is quality entertainment :D

Algere

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2004
Under advance video options, what's the difference between "Reflect world" & "Reflect all"?

Originally posted by: biostud666
Well I thougth that was some nice details. Another fun thing happened when I was messing around with the grav. gun and one of the soldiers threw a grenade at me..... I catched it in mid air and threw it back at him...... that is quality entertainment :D
I love catching the Manhacks and using them as chainsaws. Fun fun.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Algere
Under advance video options, what's the difference between "Reflect world" & "Reflect all"?

Reflect all also reflects moving parts like charachters, vehicles, barrels etc.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Confused about the storyline? Did'nt play orginal half-life? Here is a pretty decent website someone put up to explain things, enjoy. HL2 story guide.

DLed $49.99 version.:)