**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: warcrow
...havent heard from BV, so I'm assuming he made it. :)
That I did. I never saw that damn lever once. Funny thing is, I saved on a pipe right OVER the damn thing. As soon as I loaded, I looked straight down and saw it within 2 seconds. I moved on through the airboat sequence a bit, and am at the second gate you have to get through.

The game is getting noticably tougher, but could be for one reason.......anyone still using the pistol like I am? The pistol kicks ass! :D

EDIT: How far am I away from the gravity gun?

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: blurredvision
I am stuck like a little bitch. I know it's simple, but I can't figure it out. I'm in a room that you drop into and initially has tons of exploding barrels and the flying things coming at you in hordes. After you take care of all of that, you can climb the ladder down into the shallow water with the big pipe lit up red. Or, you can climb to the top of the ladder, climb across the pipe to the ledge above, then into the next room which houses another long ladder down to some water, with a big gate blocking the other room. You can also see the other side of the big pipe that's lit up red.

I cannot figure out what to do here. I feel so stupid.......

There is a red valve that you have to turn in the second room (where the water is), turn it and the water will begin to fill. Then go to the first room and you will see the water has filled up part of the room. Well, go over to where the ladder is and swim down through the hole the ladder goes through, and you'll find alittle passage that leads to the 3rd room.

Took me a little bit to figure that part out lol. I was throwing all those barrels down trying to stack them up next to the pipe but didnt work. Luckily I caught that wheel out of the corner of my eye.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
That I did. I never saw that damn lever once. Funny thing is, I saved on a pipe right OVER the damn thing. As soon as I loaded, I looked straight down and saw it within 2 seconds. I moved on through the airboat sequence a bit, and am at the second gate you have to get through.

The game is getting noticably tougher, but could be for one reason.......anyone still using the pistol like I am? The pistol kicks ass! :D

Yeah, the pistol is a great little weapon to start out with. I just got done playing the first 90 min's (well after fooling around a little this moring before work) and this game rocks, I love it like I did HL1. Taking your time with this game is tough, it's too much fun.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004

Oh cool, you made it.

Yes, the difficulty in the game gradually increases. But the airboat is fun fun fun! I dont want to ruin anything for you about it, so I'll keep my mouth shut until you get back from playing it.

Oh, and about the Grav gun.....you're close :)

*edit*
The pistol ROCKS! I looooove the feel and sound of it! Its perfect!

XNice

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2000
This game is hot. I fell asleep tryin to stay up for it but this ish is hot!
1280x1024 2xaa4xas erything high runs smooth.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
i love the game and im only at the buggy level.

only downside for me is waaaaay too much loading and the load times are too long (though i could shorten them by tuning down settings).

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I am stuck like a little bitch. I know it's simple, but I can't figure it out. I'm in a room that you drop into and initially has tons of exploding barrels and the flying things coming at you in hordes. After you take care of all of that, you can climb the ladder down into the shallow water with the big pipe lit up red. Or, you can climb to the top of the ladder, climb across the pipe to the ledge above, then into the next room which houses another long ladder down to some water, with a big gate blocking the other room. You can also see the other side of the big pipe that's lit up red.

I believe the proper terminology would be "man hacks". That is all.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
If funny how different everyones initial feel of this game ism when compaired to D3 "eeeh....its too dark and it just doesnt feel right....."

I mean, everyone is glowing! :D Its cool!

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Zeppelin2282

There is a red valve that you have to turn in the second room (where the water is), turn it and the water will begin to fill. Then go to the first room and you will see the water has filled up part of the room. Well, go over to where the ladder is and swim down through the hole the ladder goes through, and you'll find alittle passage that leads to the 3rd room.

Took me a little bit to figure that part out lol. I was throwing all those barrels down trying to stack them up next to the pipe but didnt work. Luckily I caught that wheel out of the corner of my eye.

Thats where I left off last night I couldn't figure it out. I did the exact same thing stacking the barrels and all, except I actually did it... took about 30 min, and I got really mad. This morning I went and found the valve. I'm at the level right after the bug bair part.

jdiddy

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2004
Question or maybe a spoiler
I'm about to start the Ravenholm level but I had a quick question. Does anyone know why the Xen aliens from the first game are helping the scientists? Did I miss something??

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: jdiddy
Question or maybe a spoiler
I'm about to start the Ravenholm level but I had a quick question. Does anyone know why the Xen aliens from the first game are helping the scientists? Did I miss something??

I'm guessing we'll find out more on this later in the game, b/c I have no clue either.

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
Those Xen aliens were enslaved, I read about it in the prima thingy.

Basically, I'm at that same spot, and I had to stop b/c of the awesomenes... dog... then blades... then... OMG.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: NYHoustonman

Basically, I'm at that same spot, and I had to stop b/c of the awesomenes... dog... then blades... then... OMG.

Dog!

Soooo awesome! Raven is very very cool. I got toward the end today before i had to go to work.

Falloutboy

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Originally posted by: Zeppelin2282

Thats where I left off last night I couldn't figure it out. I did the exact same thing stacking the barrels and all, except I actually did it... took about 30 min, and I got really mad. This morning I went and found the valve. I'm at the level right after the bug bair part.

omg i've been stacking barrels forever.......and now I find its simple

Viper96720

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2002
What folders do you need to copy to save the game to a cd? I've been downloading it from steam all day long. In case I have to reinstall don't want to be downloading for a whole day again.
Been over 8hrs only about 55% done at around 200mb/s.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper96720
What folders do you need to copy to save the game to a cd? I've been downloading it from steam all day long. In case I have to reinstall don't want to be downloading for a whole day again.

See the OP, or check this out

jfall

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2000
I think I might just have to buy this game. Been hearing very good things about it. Do you think my Laptop would run it all right? P4 3GHZ HT, 512DDR, Radeon Mobile 9600? Don't feel like wasting the money if I can't run it at a decent FPS

Viper96720

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2002
Originally posted by: BlueWeasel
Originally posted by: Viper96720

See the OP, or check this out

Thanks will do once I finally get it.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: jfall
I think I might just have to buy this game. Been hearing very good things about it. Do you think my Laptop would run it all right? P4 3GHZ HT, 512DDR, Radeon Mobile 9600? Don't feel like wasting the money if I can't run it at a decent FPS

Absolutely. It will look great too. :)

jdiddy

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2004
Originally posted by: NYHoustonman

Wait enslaved by the humans or the combine? Is the Prima Guide worth it?