*** OFFICIAL Freeware Software Thread ***

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
Ah, good thread.

Here is a list of little programs I use to help working:

qttabbar >> Adds tabs to windows explorer, so you can (far more) easily have multiple folders open and browse through them.
inkscape >> Vector graphics drawing utility
bulkRenameUtility >> Rename multiple files at once with this. Want to add a date to 1000 results files? This is the way to do it.
pdfSAM >> Split And Merge pdfs - simple and effective.
Zotero >> Manage any reference libraries you may have - can act as both a search engine for them and also reference them in word/libre office.
AutoHotKey >> Have repetitive processes in windows? Macro them up with autoHotKey and save your brain from mind numbing repetitiveness... and also do things 10x quicker.

wsw-ms

Feb 23, 2021
Microsoft PowerToys

Reactions: Atari2600

ringtail

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2012
The web site of programmer Paul Lutus has tons of free software for Windows and Linux and Android. His lists of free software are mixed together among his writings on various topics.
Arachnoid.com

Jimminy

May 19, 2020
Kind of sad none of my favorite is here

https://pathcopycopy.github.io/ - copy file path fast
I'm curious about pathcopycopy. I haven't installed it, but noticed that I already have a context item called copy as path. When clicked, it copies the path to the clipboard. It puts them in between quotation marks though. Maybe it's something new since I'm running Win 11 pro (23H2).