**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 738 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I was able to earn the tab today, and that will have me done with the season. One of these times I would like to fully complete a season, though.

Too much homework to push any more.

Ertaz

Jul 26, 2004
I was able to earn the tab today, and that will have me done with the season. One of these times I would like to fully complete a season, though.

Too much homework to push any more.

I completely skipped a season studying for work stuff. Responsibility sucks.

Reactions: sweenish

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
I completely skipped a season studying for work stuff. Responsibility sucks.
I only got the first tab and work and family have taken over.... family is worth more than the game to me;)
My time has been spent trying to get to 800 but a lot of the pubs are.... let me say rude.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
As quickly as you can progress with joining pub games, I stopped doing it last season. It's more trouble than it's worth.

Ertaz

Jul 26, 2004
As quickly as you can progress with joining pub games, I stopped doing it last season. It's more trouble than it's worth.

When it's done right and you run into collaborative folks it's pretty sweet. Unfortunately you can spend an hour trying to find a workable group, for it only to last about 10 minutes.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Logged on 3 times about an hour each over last 8 days. Rarely more than one other person online in guild. First time got to pl25, then 125, and now 200 something.

Ended up going DH again as if I try for that final stash tab found it oneb of the easiest for those last annoying chapters. Got my weapon and quiver pretty quick, sucking at completing the set. Have head and shoulders and some repeats so I tried swapping set recipe and damn thing just swapped between items I already had. So now just sticking at low T pub groups till I can get a couple more of the set items.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Even better, more RNG based creep!

read full notes for first time, wonder why the TV level limits.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I'm meh on the primals.

I don't have a single full ancient build as it stands. For a lot of people, the primals won't be an upgrade until after they're augmented. That's a lot of time I don't have.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
The RNG is already annoying as it is. Primal ancients are just another level of annoying. If we could reroll items in the cube and be guaranteed they'd never drop below ancient or primal ancient, then that'd be tolerable, but with how rerolling in the cube works, it's a massive time sink. I've had plenty of occurences of spending thousands of mats and not getting an upgrade. I mean, thousands of death's breaths, act materials, forgotten souls, veiled crystals, etc... Now add another layer on top of that. That'll be 10's or 100's of thousands of materials.

Ended up going DH again...

I rolled DH this season and am constantly salvaging set pieces. I'd love to help you out, but my play times aren't that often since I work 3rd shift and the girlfriend takes precedence over any gaming for me now. :p

I can try to be on this weekend. What time do you think you'll be able to play? I probably won't be available at all Saturday, but Sunday I can be.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
I must admit that I'm actually very thankful for the coming Armory and separate material caching systems. That's a nice QoL improvement that will help free up character and inventory slots!

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
With the introduction of primal ancients do you guys think they should bring an economy back? Not necessarily an auction house, but maybe named games and trading? I think it could really help the longevity of the game, though I'm not sure what would be used as currency.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
You can trade with people that were present with you in the game at the time the item was dropped, unless it's from Kadala or a Horadric cache or upgraded in the cube.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
You can trade with people that were present with you in the game at the time the item was dropped, unless it's from Kadala or a Horadric cache or upgraded in the cube.
Bummer... Trading and an economy would really make the game playable again...

Ertaz

Jul 26, 2004
Bummer... Trading and an economy would really make the game playable again...

I think people were turning it into an operating income. Why play for 200 hours to get the primal ancient drop or reroll when you could pay $30 for it? Best-in-game items were selling for $250 in cash as I recall. So much fraud and hacking were present then.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
The real problem was the inclusion of real money with it. That was the most brilliant move ever made by a gaming company. What RMT wouldn't take advantage of that?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Hey all,

As we mentioned previously, getting your feedback on Primal Ancients has been super helpful. We’ve heard some really good points, and along with this, we’ll be making some changes to how these items work in an upcoming PTR patch.

Rather than increase the power they give you beyond Ancient items, Primal Ancients will now instead roll perfect Ancient-level stats tailored to the character class you’re playing when the item first drops. Rerolling any of these at the Mystic will also yield only perfect rolls.

Along with this, these items will be even more rare than they currently are, and will only begin dropping after a character on your account has completed Greater Rift 70 solo (with separate unlocks for Hardcore and normal characters).

Finally, we hear you on wanting Ancient and Primal Ancient items to salvage into something more valuable. With the upcoming PTR patch, Ancient items will salvage into 3 Forgotten Souls, and Primal Ancients will salvage into 15 Forgotten Souls (yay reforging \o/).

We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback once you’ve had a chance to test these changes. Thanks again, and happy hunting.