**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 450 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
+120–200 Intelligence
+30–100 Vitality
Attack Speed Increased by 8–9%

+2 Random Magic Properties

Empty Socket
Empty Socket
Empty Socket

i got jacked on the vitality roll ugh

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
I was thinking; even if they do a massive patch, it's not going to change the fact that only rolls with your primary stat on them are going to be attractive to you. Remember that graphic comparing D2 to D3 earlier in this thread? Basically it showed how you could build around items with almost any character and make interesting and unique builds. Unless the patch is going to address this issue I don't see it having a huge impact on the gaming experience. Everyone is still going to be going for best in slot based on the primary stat boost you get, and maybe VIT.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
lol let's try this again, i JUST got another tal rasha's chest, hopefully this one is worth something

177 intel, 48 vital, 80 resist all, +198 armor.
i see nothing else like it on the AH probably due to the perfect resist all roll.

thoughts on what i should list it at?

So your two random rolls are perfect resist all and +198 armor? That's pretty nice.

Search for 160 intel, 40 vit, 65 AR and see what comes up, then sort by armor rating.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i was surprised i got those 2 rolls since the last tal rasha's i got, was worth shit w/o resist all.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Oh also, put it up for sale on Saturday morning. I've found more people log on during the weekend and you'll have better luck selling then. A Saturday morning start means a Sunday evening end.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Definitely better sales on the weekend. Better yet, time the auction to end somewhere around ~8pm Saturday and you'll get the best chances to see your bid only auctions skyrocket.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Was bored yesterday, decided to put on an old shield that I had used in the past for my barb. Just to see how WW would work with it, and to my surprise, it was pretty fun. WW seemed to spin much faster. Also, with the cc from the shield, I was able to keep wrath up for much longer. When Wrath was on, my Barb was spinning like a maniac. I was rocking an 1190 ef + socket and dex. Only ls was from the passive and I had about 800 or so loh. My unbuffed cc was 65 + OP I was at 75, and I was pretty much in OP most of the time. I was doing mp6 and surviving with no problem.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Was bored yesterday, decided to put on an old shield that I had used in the past for my barb. Just to see how WW would work with it, and to my surprise, it was pretty fun. WW seemed to spin much faster. Also, with the cc from the shield, I was able to keep wrath up for much longer. When Wrath was on, my Barb was spinning like a maniac. I was rocking an 1190 ef + socket and dex. Only ls was from the passive and I had about 800 or so loh. My unbuffed cc was 65 + OP I was at 75, and I was pretty much in OP most of the time. I was doing mp6 and surviving with no problem.

Ya I've been doing this a lot here lately just for fun. I was using a Bul-Kathos blade and my Stormshield and like you said, the WW speed is insane plus I rarely take damage. I'll usually play this style when doing ubers with my friends to help keep one boss on me and isolated.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Ya I've been doing this a lot here lately just for fun. I was using a Bul-Kathos blade and my Stormshield and like you said, the WW speed is insane plus I rarely take damage. I'll usually play this style when doing ubers with my friends to help keep one boss on me and isolated.

Yeah, I'm bidding on a few storm shields with crit now. Haha. Not sure if it'll be worth it b/c storms don't roll that high on strength cuz my Sacred shield has 250+ str, vit, life %, 6.5 cc, 40 ar.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i've been salvaging all my stormshields, maybe i should keep the ones that come with cc from now on?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i've had maybe 2 with cc, in total i've probably gotten 8-9 stormshields total
and about 30 of the level 58 witches hats and 15 or so frostburn gauntlets

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Yeah, I'm bidding on a few storm shields with crit now. Haha. Not sure if it'll be worth it b/c storms don't roll that high on strength cuz my Sacred shield has 250+ str, vit, life %, 6.5 cc, 40 ar.

My Stormshield is 300ish str, 100ish vit and some other stats but no CC. I've been meaning to look to see if I can find one. Now that I sold my ammy for 600mil I should be able to. :)

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
My Stormshield is 300ish str, 100ish vit and some other stats but no CC. I've been meaning to look to see if I can find one. Now that I sold my ammy for 600mil I should be able to. :)

Gratz on the ammy sale :). Welcome to the 10%... haha.

I looked for Stormshields with 250+cc, but none. I bet most people are just salvaging them all. 300ish+100 vit, that's some pretty serious stat. Even with out the CC. I would hang on to that in case they do any balancing that would make tanking viable again.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Tried to play last night and my internet was down. =( I want to get my monk to 60 already! Female monks are not only awful looking, but awful sounding as well. This weekend I found quite a few awful legendaries on my barb though. =( A 300th spear that was god awful.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Tried to play last night and my internet was down. =( I want to get my monk to 60 already! Female monks are not only awful looking, but awful sounding as well. This weekend I found quite a few awful legendaries on my barb though. =( A 300th spear that was god awful.

If you find a high damage 300th with socket, they're worth something. Good for the throw barb build.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Gratz on the ammy sale :). Welcome to the 10%... haha.

I looked for Stormshields with 250+cc, but none. I bet most people are just salvaging them all. 300ish+100 vit, that's some pretty serious stat. Even with out the CC. I would hang on to that in case they do any balancing that would make tanking viable again.

Lol thanks but I ended up giving half of what it went for to a friend I play with. He has given me a few million here and there plus he is the one that put it up and sold it.

I picked up a 150ish stn + CC Stormshield the other day but I've yet to spend some serious gold on a good 1 handed weapon to go with it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Lol thanks but I ended up giving half of what it went for to a friend I play with. He has given me a few million here and there plus he is the one that put it up and sold it.

I picked up a 150ish stn + CC Stormshield the other day but I've yet to spend some serious gold on a good 1 handed weapon to go with it.

Even if you only had 250mil to spend, that is a pretty good weapon.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
so my mp10 farming is done, they nerfed scorpion xp by 75% for arreat crater 2 :(
guess i'll go play something else as that was the only fun part of the game for me was farming them for paragon levels, i retire my barb @ paragon 46. rip

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I didn't even know that was the best place to farm. I thought about just white mobs in MP10, but never actually did it. Oh well. I figure I will hit 100 eventually (I am at 56 on my barb).

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
so my mp10 farming is done, they nerfed scorpion xp by 75% for arreat crater 2 :(
guess i'll go play something else as that was the only fun part of the game for me was farming them for paragon levels, i retire my barb @ paragon 46. rip

What!!!! When this happen? I'm so close @ 92, but then again I heard that's only 75% of the way there.