**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 393 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
F99Ir.jpg

any dh here interested of a trifecta gloves ?

How much you looking for on those gloves?

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
For those that browse other forums and look at items. D2jsp had a set of Lacuni Prowlers posted the other day, best drop I had seen. The offers went something like:

500 million
1.5 billion
2.7 billion

The 3 random rolls were...

Dex/Vit
80 All Resistsances
6% Crit

Yes, there was a picture. I don't know what they wound up selling for, but they looked amazing.

Also, in the d2jsp trophy room, someone found the highest rated Echoing Fury in the world... and it was on HC. I laughed a little.

1215 dps
99% crit
Socket
+Dex

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Thanks a lot effing turd ISP... POS keeps dropping my connection. Low and behold, I was using my infernal machine in a pub game, just before getting a fifth NV stack to run it, and I lose my connection. By the time I get back, it's over or the rest of the group filled the party - last time I make a pub game, turds didn't even have the decency to tell me they were full or done. Assholes.

And I give up on Infernal Machines. Burned through 3, can't solo Real of Chaos beyond MP 1 thanks to instant kill teleport from Vile Executioner. Too much effort, too many wasted NV 5 stacks for little gain. By the time I get a 35% exp ring, I'd probably have made the difference playing normally with 5 full stacks continuously equating to 75% bonus experience.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I swear my Monk the same if not better gear than my Monk friend and his DPS is over twice as high as mine (90k for me, 200k for him). I've compared our stuff over and over, I have no idea where he's getting this magical extra 110k DPS. I know the DPS numbers in D3 are certainly not a great barometer for how much damage you actually contribute, but still, I don't get it.

GWestphal

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2009
Probably has Attack Speed, Crit %, and Crit Damage? Links to your profiles and someone could probably tell you more.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks a lot effing turd ISP... POS keeps dropping my connection.

I've been dealing with dropped connections and lagging a lot more than anyone else that I'm playing with (they said it, not me subjectively noting it myself). The weird thing is, my connection will be "lost" even though there was no delay or time-out occuring while I play. I consistently have this happen in the early mornings. Everything will be fine, I'll be actively engaging skills and monsters will be moving around, then bam, connection lost and back at the login screen. Ya...that's fishy.

So I suspected my router and changed it out for a different one. No resolve. Then I suspected my ISP and started running constant ping tests and doing some tracerts to find poor hops. Anytime I lagged or lost connection I checked on my constant pings and everything was normal, no spikes or loss.

What's even weirder is if my roomy and I are playing simultaneously, we'll both get lag at the same time, and a lot more frequently than if one of us weren't on the game as well.

I'm pretty certain at this point that B.net is a giant POS. And for whatever reason, they need to stop disconnecting me intentionally, or whatever it is they're doing to my connection. It's incredibly lame; especially when I'm solo and no DRM connection should be required 100% of the time. I. Don't. Care. About. Your. Marginalized. Profits. :rolleyes:

GWestphal

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2009
They need an offline version desperately. Who cares if people want to dupe gear or whatever, let them play how they want. Just don't let the offline chars be used online, or verify the equipment at the point of playing online. Just like you did in every other Diablo game...

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Anyone wanna power level my barb? I am tired of running MP10 solo. I don't have a hellfire, but I have a socketed helm. I am 39.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Buy 3 pieces of a Cain's suit (run you 100k or so?), increase the exp gem in your helm, and buy a level requirement reduced weapon off the AH. You can basically PL yourself now-a-days. :p

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Probably has Attack Speed, Crit %, and Crit Damage? Links to your profiles and someone could probably tell you more.

We have the came crit chance, I have higher CD, his attack speed is better by some but there is no reason for such a bit gap in our DPS listing. I r totally confused. Blizz is down so I can't link profiles now, also the online profiles show gear 2 or 3 days old so not really up to date.

PimpJuice

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2005
I swear my Monk the same if not better gear than my Monk friend and his DPS is over twice as high as mine (90k for me, 200k for him). I've compared our stuff over and over, I have no idea where he's getting this magical extra 110k DPS. I know the DPS numbers in D3 are certainly not a great barometer for how much damage you actually contribute, but still, I don't get it.

post the profiles, i'd be interested to see them both

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Anyone wanna power level my barb? I am tired of running MP10 solo. I don't have a hellfire, but I have a socketed helm. I am 39.

why bother running mp10 on barb? 3 piece cain set and just plow him through normal, nightmare and hell. At the end of hell you'll be at least lvl 60 if not more if you didn't just skip all the mobs.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I'm pretty certain at this point that B.net is a giant POS. And for whatever reason, they need to stop disconnecting me intentionally, or whatever it is they're doing to my connection. It's incredibly lame; especially when I'm solo and no DRM connection should be required 100% of the time. I. Don't. Care. About. Your. Marginalized. Profits. :rolleyes:

I think it's half and half. Last night, and the past few days, my POS ISP has been dropping my connection because when I go back to my desktop, explorer and any internet-based program can't get a connection. I have to "repair" before it works again.

The other half of the time, it's B.net because I will lose a connection in a game, or if I'm lucky, just lag like hell and die a bunch of times, but be able to start a brand new game right away.

FML.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
We have the came crit chance, I have higher CD, his attack speed is better by some but there is no reason for such a bit gap in our DPS listing. I r totally confused. Blizz is down so I can't link profiles now, also the online profiles show gear 2 or 3 days old so not really up to date.

How are you seeing his DPS? Through online profile or through in-game inspect?

edit: sad note, gems back up to 10+ mil. :(

Last edited:

j3poy

Apr 27, 2012

It is possible that what you are seeing from him is buffed DPS numbers. Go to a site like diabloprogress.com to see correct values.

Oct 20, 2005
How are you seeing his DPS? Through online profile or through in-game inspect?

edit: sad note, gems back up to 10+ mil. :(

Damn really? Well, not that I could afford any of those (well, I could have bought like 2 or 3 when they were in the 5-6M range). But still, I was hoping they'd keep dropping until they were only a few mill haha.

I never understood why gems would sell for less than the cost to craft them. Is it only b/c of botters/dupers that the gem prices went down?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
it has to be. There's no feasible economic way to maintain 5 mil gems since it costs more than 12 mil to craft them through the jeweler.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Couple days ago I was getting system message while playing wow that bnet connection had been lost/regained. Found it rather odd as the game wasn't actually disconnected.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
Lag has been AWFUL last few days for me, up & down all over the place.

Regardless, I logged in with my DH, he's a level 19. Set it to MP7 and decided to go crazy.....first guy I killed dropped a legendary boot. "Crudest Boots" Pieces of junk, but I"m keeping them anyway

Just found a moon-slayer as well

Last edited: