**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 200 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
For gear, make sure your helm and bracers have a +crit chance stat. Both rings, the amulet, and gloves should have +crit dmg,IAS, and dex. Quiver and chest should have +max discipline. Weapon should have crit dmg and IAS.

IAS on the legendary helm and bracers is nice but I wouldn't dish out the gold before the IAS nerf.

I don't have 200 million gold lying around. To get the good stuff you need the gold for now. Starting tomorrow the RMAH goes live.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
850dps bow = peanuts? the current bow I have now stated dps is 276. I've never seen a bow above 350 when looking through the ah. What exactly are you reading or how are you coming up with 850? I've got about half a million to spend, Making gold is super easy so...

lvl 60?

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
yeah weapons scale by level, esp the last 10. Search for lvl 60 weapons and you will see what he was talking about. I think my bow was around 400 thru 50-55 or so.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
850dps bow = peanuts? the current bow I have now stated dps is 276. I've never seen a bow above 350 when looking through the ah. What exactly are you reading or how are you coming up with 850? I've got about half a million to spend, Making gold is super easy so...

Filter your AH search to the following

2handed
Bow
50,000 gold buyout

Click, search, then click on DPS column to sort by highest DPS first.

And yes, any 2 hander less than 1100 dps with no stats, i throw away. Any 1 hander less than 900 dps with no stats i throw away.

If they have primary stats or the DPS is higher, i will put on AH.

BTW, majority of my money I got from getting armor drops. Even farming Act III siegebreaker forever, I hardly get weapons worth selling, but plenty of armor pieces.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
finding steals in the auction house has slowed down big time. I wonder if there are finally bots searching. Been struggling to find anything worth buying...I need to try and make a million+ to be able to buy an amulet I've been looking at.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
but when I get down to it you got to be absolutely bat sh@#! crazy to spend $40 on one of 15 equipment slots for a fake world that you only spent $60 to obtain.

I work a lot and have money to just spend. $40 to you is not $40 to me.

It goes along the principle for the reason of no flat tax on income, 25% across tho board. When you tax a person making 20k a year, they get 15k take home and someone that is making 80k per year gets 60k take home. The 25% will hit the lower income person HARDER than it hits the higher income maker.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
finding steals in the auction house has slowed down big time. I wonder if there are finally bots searching. Been struggling to find anything worth buying...I need to try and make a million+ to be able to buy an amulet I've been looking at.

Yes, bots are looking in the AH now, my friend has been outbid nonstop for good deals by very minimal amounts.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Yes, bots are looking in the AH now, my friend has been outbid nonstop for good deals by very minimal amounts.

via bidding or buyours? bidding is automatic, but buyouts are first come first serve, and I'm not even seeing the good deals that I used to

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Basically the train of thought is that since there will be a lot more gold flooding into the economy, the cost of items must also go up. At the same time people are predicting the real world cost of gold to be about $1 for a million, or even $0.50 for a million.

What that would effectively do is make it extremely inefficient for a person to farm items themselves because their time will never be as efficiently spent as a 'farmer' with tons of accounts and gold bots. So basically we're going to have to pay for items with real currency since the cost is going to 'many millions' for a decent item, and farming for gold is going to be very, very slow.

That's why people are recommending off-loading gold before the RMAH goes live.

Thinking along these lines now, it is a good point that if you bought gold now, you would still get a decent deal on items before inflation tomorrow.

I just got a bow that cost 25 million gold 2 days ago for my DH and am quite pleased with it. It lacks a socket but it does 1306.3 dps and has 148 dex on it. I could care less for IAS on it as some packs in act 3 and 4 are so fast it is hard getting off more than one shot anyways.

I am looking at buying maybe 2 things instantly for my DH. If i had the gold I would get them now but each one is 30 million plus gold, which I don't have.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
via bidding or buyours? bidding is automatic, but buyouts are first come first serve, and I'm not even seeing the good deals that I used to

He is doing the bidding. I have seen some good deals pop up that JUST popped up and be gone before I could even get through buying them. I would venture that bots are there picking through for the good deals now.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
the possible interesting twist is if Blizzard does a ban wave before RMAH is released

it shouldn't be hard to filter for accounts that are on 24/7, have huge sums of gold, and repeatedly did an area

I'm still going to hold off on auctioning some items and waiting for RMAH to be released to get an idea of how much the value of gold changes and whether to try to RMAH very good items for a more stable currency source

I don't think Blizzard will because their RMAH has failed to launch. I feel that once their RMAH goes live they will become more strict about it.

Heck, look at their forums with gold selling and all those people are still playing because they are not complaining.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
He is doing the bidding. I have seen some good deals pop up that JUST popped up and be gone before I could even get through buying them. I would venture that bots are there picking through for the good deals now.

there are certainly bots farming the AH for low priced items. everytime i saw a decent weapon w/ favorable stats, it'd get bought out. 5 minutes later, an item with the same name and same stats shows up but with a much higher price. it's happened enough times that i've given up on scoring good deals (although i have scored some really good deals in the past)

tedrodai

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2006

While looking for some MF gear the other day, I ran across some +dex, +vit, +all resists, + run speed, +MF boots that had a buyout price of 77k. In the frame of mind I was in, I didn't initially realize what I was seeing, and started looking at the stuff below it. About 5 seconds later I noticed it was 1d 12hrs and it hit me...of course it was already sold when I hit buyout.

Even towards the beginning I was never able to hit buyout quick enough (when really trying).

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
So, I'm assuming the RMAH is going to boil everything down to this:

If it's good, it will either sell for real $ or for VERY high gold amount.

For those who don't want to use the RMAH, if you happen to get your grubby hands on something good because of a good drop, you could become gold rich by selling it... but then in turn, after this occurs over and over again over time, gold is going to be everywhere, further increasing the costs for items on the GAH. Newcomers, who buy the game after it has been out a year are going to be SOL when it comes to equipment purchases then because of starting with no gold?(unless using real $)

I'm sure there are more pieces to this puzzle that I'm not seeing. You have gold farmers and bots involved as well.(which I'm guessing are either going to destroy it all or have to close up shop because they fucked up their own market with over-saturation somehow) It's going to come full circle several times with prices being mucked up.

And then the interests of players to even keep playing the game will come into play. If people stop playing in mass things will stop being bought. And you also have to consider that nothing in the game is actually consumable, it can all be recycled into the auction house. I have a feeling that this game will only play out for as long as Blizzard keeps putting out expansions; as long as they keep a step ahead of the mess we'll continuously have something new to grasp for.

I have no idea. lol.

o_O

The RMAH has a limit of $250 if I recall correctly, this will help stuff balance out.

If gold is selling for $6 a million and people feel their items is worth more than $250 they will stick it on the gold AH for 50 million gold. There will also be people that refuse to use the RMAH.

To the people that complain about the RMAH though, you paid $60 for a game (I paid $100 for the CE) and you plan on playing it for a year, why not spend a little extra money on it. You will by far and away benefit from it.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
there are certainly bots farming the AH for low priced items. everytime i saw a decent weapon w/ favorable stats, it'd get bought out. 5 minutes later, an item with the same name and same stats shows up but with a much higher price. it's happened enough times that i've given up on scoring good deals (although i have scored some really good deals in the past)

I made 50+million doing this, and I was pretty quick at buying them almost instantly, so if you searched a second or two after me, you'd have no chance at getting it. But now I'm not even seeing these deals. It would be way more profitable than botting the actual game for gold, though this way you'll be competing with other people(though there are many different things you can be searching for)

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Inferno Act II+ Demon Hunters -
Are you guys DW crossbows, or 2hander and quiver ?

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
I made 50+million doing this, and I was pretty quick at buying them almost instantly, so if you searched a second or two after me, you'd have no chance at getting it. But now I'm not even seeing these deals. It would be way more profitable than botting the actual game for gold, though this way you'll be competing with other people(though there are many different things you can be searching for)

I made about 10-15 mil doing this. It all depends on what you're looking for and you can't hesitate. You buy and deal with the consequences later. If it's good you are up $$$$ if not you are still breaking even IMO

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010

Share the wealth you bastard.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Treasure goblin farming is boring. I made over 1.5 million gold last night (2 hours) doing Azmodan with three friends having 5 stacks.

Nov 3, 2004
I imagine it's damn near impossible without buying gear every step of the way. And no inferno, ever

Oh, you definitely make use of the AH, but prices/gear quality are dramatically different between the softcore and hardcore auction houses. For instance, I could only find 2 string of ears belts on the entire HC auction houses, whereas there are just pages of the stuff in SC. And the gear isn't as good for the gold you pay, but it's a lot more fun because even half decent gear is considered good since people are constantly dying and losing the best gear.

And there are many people doing inferno in HC, but it's really hard to progress out of Act I. But honestly, just beating Hell in and of itself is a big accomplishment versus softcore where it's just ho-hum.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002

You made 50+ million gold legit? Have you been outside since D3 was released? :eek:

Isn't the real money auction house supposed to go up real soon?