**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Madia

May 2, 2006
Well, I finished playing the game on normal. Didn't really expect it to end as quickly as it did. Never felt like an epic ending, more of just another boss and it was over :(

I just beat the game last night with a lvl 31 Monk. The final boss seemed more long than epic (I didn't die once) but I imagine that'll change with the higher difficulty levels.

Right now I'm going to start a Witch Doctor. I plan on playing co-op now that I'm familar with the gameplay. My battletag is Ward#1874.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
I have a 59 Barb which is going to most likely be rerolled. I am looking ahead and all I am seeing are Barbs tanking on inferno while doing no dps. I rolled a Barb to kill stuff with and this severely lacks. It is aggrevating to play a lot and talking with a Wizard friend, Barbs tank on inferno and res people in groups. This is not what I wanted out of my Barb in Diablo 3.

You don't have to tank as a Barb, but it's just the most viable way to do things right now because everyone else has no survivability and lackluster DPS. The best way to kill stuff is to have one person sacrifice DPS so that they can keep the monsters clumped up and off of the squishy characters. You could have a Monk or a Wizard tank as well if you had a party set up for it.

Things will probably change once people get better gear. Someone will still probably "tank" in the sense that they just group everything up so it's easier to hit with AoE, but they'll be doing damage while doing that.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Level 60 Witch Doctor in Inferno Act 1... not so bad... yet...

And they took the servers down on me!

I think I want to make a witch doctor instead of my wiz ive been leveling.

Any advice? What skills do you use? Got any good witch doc gear to spare? :)

Last edited:

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
You don't have to tank as a Barb, but it's just the most viable way to do things right now because everyone else has no survivability and lackluster DPS. The best way to kill stuff is to have one person sacrifice DPS so that they can keep the monsters clumped up and off of the squishy characters. You could have a Monk or a Wizard tank as well if you had a party set up for it.

Things will probably change once people get better gear. Someone will still probably "tank" in the sense that they just group everything up so it's easier to hit with AoE, but they'll be doing damage while doing that.

The main thing to me is that I like playing solo and the Barb can't leech enough life to stay alive in a more defensive play style and if I go offensive I die in less than two seconds. It is not fun to play with at all. The end game play style does not resemble Diablo II at all to me. I don't think gear will fix what needs to be done to allow the Barb to solo Inferno.

I am leaning towards a Witch Doctor right now.

BlazinTy

May 23, 2008
How long is this mait suppose to be I am at work atm was looking forward to playing when i got home.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
loving lag in single player
levle load crashes too
im sry but i gotta say fvck blizzard and their ghetto servers
everytime i wanna really enjoy it and i do i cant bc of this goddamn awful crap
not to mention dying bc of lag in single player is a kick in the balls
every single f2p game ive played run better
so whys a $60 run like shit

Oct 19, 2000
Just finished Act II with my WD on normal. I'm currently 3/4 of the way through level 25 and have put in right at 15 hours according to the in-game play clock. The boss battle of Act II was
boring at first, I was actually thinking, "is this really it?" Then I got him to about 20% health and all hell broke loose. The whole stage and boss transformed, it was pretty awesome. Loved it.

Now I know normal is easy, but I think at this point I'm over-leveling the content. I've bought only 2 or 3 pieces from the AH, everything else has been picked up. My insistence in uncovering every last piece of every dungeon or outside area, as well as busting everything and inspecting every dead body, is giving me a ton of XP and gold. Just halfway through the game I've already got all of my first tab stash spots bought and almost another 100k sitting on my account.

I've been rolling lately with my 3 dogs with the rune that gives them more damage. They didn't really die much before but now that I'm leveled up pretty decent, they rarely kill out on me. I use the gargantuan, who simply never dies, even when surrounded. I've been using the templar exclusively since the beginning of the game for healing purposes. I use the ground AoE to snare, the flaming bats for tremendous AoE in front of me, and I just recently unlocked the voodoo doll, which is an attack speed buff. With this combo, I've been running through everything. The dogs, gargantuan, and the templar all essentially tank for me, I rarely get an enemy on me. If I do, I throw down the ground AoE, snare them, run away, and one of my dogs will pick them up.

Story has been pretty good so far, it's feeling more and more epic as I get along in the game.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I've been using the enchantress for awhile. I don't really need heals, and as a Monk, I can just do it myself. I've been trying to gear them out decently, but I'm not sure if they'll ever do a decent amount of damage even with rather good items. I just won a rare 2H sword with +int for my enchantress. Luckily, she can equip almost anything, and since we don't care about the actual weapon types in this game, go with the one that no one wants! :p

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Just finished normal with a friend last night, ended at level 32. I played as a Barb, and holy shit they're awesome. My loadout:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhYVXT!bdY!aaZaaa

Leap into a group of enemies, ground stomp to stun them, cleave them to death to build up whirlwind or earthquake of they're high HP or champions, and Revenge procs often enough for me to gain life if needed. I fricking loved it and it was an amazing way to play.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
i've got a level 52 demon hunter that nearly does 4k dps and has over 15k life. nightmare was manageable, but hell is just flat out ridiculous. act 1 elite bosses are harder than diablo in nightmare. i'm gonna have to grind a few levels in nightmare so i can equip some of the end game items. i think the big issue is there is a lack of gear that provides resistances up until level 50+

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
disconnected from server... yay

edit: wow, the last checkpoint was 30+ minutes ago...

Last edited:

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Well EU has been down for over 6 hours. Tons of blizz flaming on the forums...I've been away in colleg til now and its annoying that nothing was fixed.
Can't play on US servers because they're incredibly laggy.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yup, they were too busy covering their butts to think about keeping the customer happy. I hope they learn and dont make the same mistake with other games.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I am REALLY annoyed with the game right now.

This is what I can tolerate:

(a) The graphics are good for 2006, but the story is interesting so I'm playing
(b) Ping time that often climbs up to 400ms, when no other game, including SC2 gives me lag like this

This is what I can't tolerate:

(c) kicking me off over 30 minutes into a dungeon when I had no checkpoint....and it takes me back to the entrance. If you are going to do DRM when I am playing solo (whether we call it single player, or playing alone in a multiplayer game, I am playing by myself) then do it RIGHT. If you can't implement it, don't implement it at all. Going to email Blizz so at least know how I feel. Sure its a first world problem, but I bought a digital copy direct from blizzard at the retail price in order to support them, and that is because I expect them to ATLEAST get this straight considering how many years (over a DECADE?) they have already had with online services and games.

Anyways I'll go do something else for now, but its just annoying as hell

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
this is what i beat it on normal with on my monk
some serious cheese

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWUiXY!bXd!aaZabb

on a side note i have too many items, ive made 3 mules and still have too much crap, the 10 item AH sucks

Yeah, I have one tab in my stash completely bought out in slots and a second tab in the stash half way, 3 mules and everything is full, about 75% off it is rares. I can only sell them so fast and with the limit of 10 on the AH it just doesn't help. My stuff moves reasonably fast, but I acquire more quicker then I can sell it currently (boohoo such a bad problem to have right lol).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Ugh, I spend the 100,000 gold for a new tab for my stash only to see that it gave me 14 slots, and I have to yet again spend 10,000 gold for 14 more. :|

If they're going to use the shared stash concept that Torchlight has, why the hell couldn't they at least do it the way Torchlight does? Torchlight has a shared stash and a private stash, which are (obviously) completely separate.

I probably should have just made mules, and spent the money on upgrading my artisans.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Ugh, I spend the 100,000 gold for a new tab for my stash only to see that it gave me 14 slots, and I have to yet again spend 10,000 gold for 14 more. :|

If they're going to use the shared stash concept that Torchlight has, why the hell couldn't they at least do it the way Torchlight does? Torchlight has a shared stash and a private stash, which are (obviously) completely separate.

I probably should have just made mules, and spent the money on upgrading my artisans.

The space will come in handy. Currently artisans are not worth leveling up. Once you get high enough they are, but the money is better spent on space since that will always help you out imo

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Yeah, I have one tab in my stash completely bought out in slots and a second tab in the stash half way, 3 mules and everything is full, about 75% off it is rares. I can only sell them so fast and with the limit of 10 on the AH it just doesn't help. My stuff moves reasonably fast, but I acquire more quicker then I can sell it currently (boohoo such a bad problem to have right lol).

What's your philosophy for selling things? Do you try and hock them at barely above merchant sell price? I sell mine at fairly reasonable prices... especially compared to what I normally see the AH items going for, but nothing has sold yet. :(

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
I am REALLY annoyed with the game right now.

This is what I can tolerate:

(a) The graphics are good for 2006, but the story is interesting so I'm playing
(b) Ping time that often climbs up to 400ms, when no other game, including SC2 gives me lag like this

This is what I can't tolerate:

(c) kicking me off over 30 minutes into a dungeon when I had no checkpoint....and it takes me back to the entrance. If you are going to do DRM when I am playing solo (whether we call it single player, or playing alone in a multiplayer game, I am playing by myself) then do it RIGHT. If you can't implement it, don't implement it at all. Going to email Blizz so at least know how I feel. Sure its a first world problem, but I bought a digital copy direct from blizzard at the retail price in order to support them, and that is because I expect them to ATLEAST get this straight considering how many years (over a DECADE?) they have already had with online services and games.

Anyways I'll go do something else for now, but its just annoying as hell

I have not run into C, and I have played well over 45 hours since release.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
So.... Hell Belial just hit me for over 39,000 damage with one hit of his arms (16k absorb from Diamond Skin and 23k life).

Think I might be stuck on this for a long time, since I can't seem to get into a Hell group with people that can do some damage and work together.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
What's your philosophy for selling things? Do you try and hock them at barely above merchant sell price? I sell mine at fairly reasonable prices... especially compared to what I normally see the AH items going for, but nothing has sold yet. :(

How are you guys searching the auction house? I don't see a way to search by item name? Looking for an efficient way to determine if my pricing is in line with market.