Official Democrat celebration thread!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Foxnews and Karl Rove are so funny. They're still trying to figure out a way that Ohio goes Romney. LOL!!!!!!!!

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
67BEN.gif

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Don't be sore winners. I voted for Obama and I'm glad he won, but continued divisiveness and party politics is not going to help our country in the slightest moving forward. We're going to have to work together in the spirit of compromise.

I tend to agree, but we tried the compromise route and got a bloody nose for it.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
To the GOP and the capitalists: All your millions spent of "corporate free speech" and its the same plastic junk that falls apart like the products we are stuck buying.

Screw you corporate america who supported such a crook and the useless dingleberry lackeys who mislead your countrymen into hate for their fellow man.

The people will bury you.

Now Obama... About that hopey-change stuff?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Don't be sore winners. I voted for Obama and I'm glad he won, but continued divisiveness and party politics is not going to help our country in the slightest moving forward. We're going to have to work together in the spirit of compromise.

You know that is never going to happen, nor should it IMHO as both sides play favorites and to their base pretty heavily...gone are the days of true compromise unless one is talking a truly dire situation.

Rather now it is put up or shut up time for the dems...if they can't turn things around in the next 4 and truly deliver on hope and change they better "hope" that China gives us more money so they can hand out more free stuff or else who knows what will happen....

Regardless it should be interesting to see what happens

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
You know that is never going to happen, nor should it IMHO as both sides play favorites and to their base pretty heavily...gone are the days of true compromise unless one is talking a truly dire situation.

Rather now it is put up or shut up time for the dems...if they can't turn things around in the next 4 and truly deliver on hope and change they better "hope" that China gives us more money so they can hand out more free stuff or else who knows what will happen....

Regardless it should be interesting to see what happens

Yes it will be interesting. 4 more years of bitter divisiveness or will we see compromise? Hopefully both sides can put enough of their differences aside and do some good for the American people.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I am a democrat, but let me explain that I would have voted for Romney had he not been antigay.....anti abortion....which essentially is anti womens rights....

Those 2 issues were huge in my opinion.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I thank Romney for having his election night in Boston and gives us all of it's economic benefits!

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I am a democrat, but let me explain that I would have voted for Romney had he not been antigay.....anti abortion....which essentially is anti womens rights....

Those 2 issues were huge in my opinion.

Yeah, the issue is with the GOP.. Romney had to sell out just like McCain did in 08.. McCain couldn't be the "maverick" anymore if he wanted to win the nomination just like Romney had to come out and say he was a "severely conservative" governor. Look at the wackjobs the Republicans put out to run for the nomination. I liked Huntsman the most but he never sold his soul to the Tea Party and got essentially zero support.

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
in all honesty, things are worse now than I would have expected 4 yrs ago when obama won the first go round.... I want the country to do well, and I can't see 4 more years being good for any of us.

hell, my income is 1/3 of what it was, my property taxes have gone up despite my home value decreasing, my healthcare costs have increased to 1/3 of my gross income thanks to obamacare... and everyone is concerned if gays get to marry?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
in all honesty, things are worse now than I would have expected 4 yrs ago when obama won the first go round.... I want the country to do well, and I can't see 4 more years being good for any of us.

hell, my income is 1/3 of what it was, my property taxes have gone up despite my home value decreasing, my healthcare costs have increased to 1/3 of my gross income thanks to obamacare... and everyone is concerned if gays get to marry?

How much of that is Obama's (or any president's) fault?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah, the issue is with the GOP.. Romney had to sell out just like McCain did in 08.. McCain couldn't be the "maverick" anymore if he wanted to win the nomination just like Romney had to come out and say he was a "severely conservative" governor. Look at the wackjobs the Republicans put out to run for the nomination. I liked Huntsman the most but he never sold his soul to the Tea Party and got essentially zero support.

I agree, so the question is; will this be the end of the current incarnation of the republican party? If the situation was reversed and it was the dems that were going further left and putting out left wing nut jobs then my answe would be, "yes", it is the end and they will change and move back to the center. However, right wing republicans are not rational so the answer isn't as obvious.