Official Democrat celebration thread!

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
With Florida, North Carolina being so close and Obama winning Pennsylvania I am calling it. Ohio is showing strong numbers for Obama as well.

So with that I'll be the mature one and say;

You dumb asses lost and we get 4 more years of Obama.

Next time pick a principled conservative who doesn't change his mind every fucking 3 hours.

I'm a conservative and glad you people got crushed.

Someone please post the cartoon of spidey hanging himself because that sums up the last 2 years.

Dec 26, 2007
Time for the wanton orgies, cocaine, hookers, and blow! Going to start partying since the end of the US will happen within the next 4 years!

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Next time pick a principled conservative who doesn't change his mind every fucking 3 hours.
Agree. Pick somebody who doesn't look like the guy who just sold you a piece of sh*t car that broke down on the way home.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Nothing is going to change. You are still owned, but if that's cause for celebration then go for it. yay.

All victories were Pyrrhic anyway.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Nothing is going to change. You are still owned, but if that's cause for celebration then go for it. yay.

The Republicans have lost, therefore I have won. They are my enemy and should be crushed, the Green Party could be winning the presidency right now and I wouldn't give a damn.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Yep - With Florida and Ohio looking like they're going to go to Obama...it looks like this one is in the bag!

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Agree. Pick somebody who doesn't look like the guy who just sold you a piece of sh*t car that broke down on the way home.

This. Had the GOP picked Huntsman or Romer they could've locked up the White House. Instead, they chose the guy that pandered to the fringe teabaggers and moderates....somehow.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
The Republicans have lost, therefore I have won. They are my enemy and should be crushed, the Green Party could be winning the presidency right now and I wouldn't give a damn.

I don't care that you won or lost. Congratulations to you. I'm thinking about that the nation has lost, and not because of Romney losing. But then I have that bottled water, popcorn futures, and I found a nice fiddle for when the fire is lit.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006

I don't care that you won or lost. Congratulations to you. I'm thinking about that the nation has lost, and not because of Romney losing. But then I have that bottled water, popcorn futures, and I found a nice fiddle for when the fire is lit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5J_kao6mwA

Too bad I can't figure out how to imbed it :p

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2007

Oh grow up. Stop with this fucking hyperbolic rhetoric.

Gas won't be $10/gal by the end of Obama's second term.
The country won't go to hell.
Marriage won't crumble.
We won't all be heathens.
The economy will continue to recover.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
This. Had the GOP picked Huntsman or Romer they could've locked up the White House. Instead, they chose the guy that pandered to the fringe teabaggers and moderates....somehow.

I call bullshit on this one....I don't think anyone stands a chance against the guaranteed 47% + that love the hope of a free ride or a govt that coddles them regardless of how fiscally irresponsible it is.

No suprises with this one, but should be interesting to see what happens the next 4 years...especially for the so called important middle class, won't be suprised if they get squeezed even harder.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Oh grow up. Stop with this fucking hyperbolic rhetoric.

Gas won't be $10/gal by the end of Obama's second term.
The country won't go to hell.
Marriage won't crumble.
We won't all be heathens.
The economy will continue to recover.

Congrats on not listing anything I was worried about, except neither party has a plan to get jobs going, but you have to play strawman games. So be it.

The problem is that both parties and their hacks, see themselves as the ultimate in leadership, and if not they sure work hard to see that we have precisely two sets of ideas. One is stamped with an R and the other with a D.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I call bullshit on this one....I don't think anyone stands a chance against the guaranteed 47% + that love the hope of a free ride or a govt that coddles them regardless of how fiscally irresponsible it is.

No suprises with this one, but should be interesting to see what happens the next 4 years...especially for the so called important middle class, won't be suprised if they get squeezed even harder.

I agree with you that the nation can do better than Obama. Romney isn't it. The GOP chose...poorly. Perhaps they should take a lesson from tonight and nominate more moderate/sane candidates like they used to. Give me a Jack Kemp, Bob Dole, Ronald Reagan....hell....even Richard Nixon. Stop tacking harder to the right each election cycle and perhaps moderates will vote for you again.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
With Florida, North Carolina being so close and Obama winning Pennsylvania I am calling it. Ohio is showing strong numbers for Obama as well.

So with that I'll be the mature one and say;

You dumb asses lost and we get 4 more years of Obama.

I'm a conservative and glad you people got crushed.

Someone please post the cartoon of spidey hanging himself because that sums up the last 2 years.

you bad!!

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I agree with you that the nation can do better than Obama. Romney isn't it. The GOP chose...poorly. Perhaps they should take a lesson from tonight and nominate more moderate/sane candidates like they used to. Give me a Jack Kemp, Bob Dole, Ronald Reagan....hell....even Richard Nixon. Stop tacking harder to the right each election cycle and perhaps moderates will vote for you again.

That.

But they won't. They haven't hit bottom yet.

Dec 26, 2007
Congrats on not listing anything I was worried about, except neither party has a plan to get jobs going, but you have to play strawman games. So be it.

The problem is that both parties and their hacks, see themselves as the ultimate in leadership, and if not they sure work hard to see that we have precisely two sets of ideas. One is stamped with an R and the other with a D.

Being egotistical kind of comes with the territory.

And I was extrapolating based on your comments where the rest was leading. I know this is hard for some people to understand but the POTUS doesn't create jobs (except when he creates new departments like DHS). They also don't set gas prices. They can't just state there will be x more jobs if you elect me and have it be true, because they don't force companies to hire or lay people off.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000

Sorry Moving but all those guys with the exception of Regan lost in the past and would lose again...

There is something seen as "magical" about Obama now and I don't think anything would change that in the eyes of the majority...regardless of the other candidate.

Only 4 more years will tell if things really get better, but willing to make a bet in the short term post election things won't rebound as people are hoping they will.