*official* *confirmed* *guyver01 approved* .. the best beer around is....

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
KILLIANS IRISH RED

killians.gif

George%20Killian's%20Irish%20Red.jpg

killians208.jpg

362830611_m.gif

killians.jpg

and no.. i'm not saying this just because i live 30min from the Coors Brewing Company in Golden, CO... and can go to the plant when it's open and drink up to 3 pints of Killians Irish Red that was brewed about 1 week ago.. for FREE...

i'm saying it because ITS THE TRUTH!!

George Killian's derives its color and taste from a special caramel malted barley that is roasted at a high temperature longer and more slowly than most malts. There are no coloring agents or artificial additives used in the brewing process.

George Killian's is currently available in bottles, cans and kegs. A 12-ounce serving of George Killian's has 163 calories and 4.9 percent alcohol by volume.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
How much are you guys getting paid for these threads?

Edit:

How much as in how much free beer

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
How much are you guys getting paid for these threads?

Edit:

How much as in how much free beer

none... aside from the 3 pints per day free that i can get by going to the Coors Brewing Company factory in Golden, CO ...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dude...it's Cuurs...unfit for human consumption.

Everyone knows this.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Dude...it's Cuurs...unfit for human consumption.

Everyone knows this.

While i would agree with you for some of their products...

Killian's Irish Red happens to not be one of those products.

Killian's Irish Red gave Superman his super powers.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
is this done daily ?

yep.. it's part of their factory tour.. when you get in.. they print out an armband... with three punch marks... at the end of the factory tour (which is self guided) you go to their "pub" .. and you have your choice from 7 different brews .. all 'fresh' (brewed within 1 week of serving) and you can get up to 3 different drinks... in a pint glass.

they even have a "fresh beer room" where you get Fresh Coors Beer, guaranteed brewed within 1 day... but they only give you a 6oz plastic cup.

when you sign in for the factory tour, they scan your drivers licence, so you can only go once per day.. but if you go with someone who doesn't drink... you can drink theirs too.

next time i go... which might be next weekend.. i'll take pics.

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
yep.. it's part of their factory tour.. when you get in.. they print out an armband... with three punch marks... at the end of the factory tour (which is self guided) you go to their "pub" .. and you have your choice from 7 different brews .. all 'fresh' (brewed within 1 week of serving) and you can get up to 3 different drinks... in a pint glass.

they even have a "fresh beer room" where you get Fresh Coors Beer, guaranteed brewed within 1 day... but they only give you a 6oz plastic cup.

when you sign in for the factory tour, they scan your drivers licence, so you can only go once per day.. but if you go with someone who doesn't drink... you can drink theirs too.

next time i go... which might be next weekend.. i'll take pics.

I gotta say, that's just short of phenomenally bad ass.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
That's funny because Killians is one of the few beers I'll actually turn down. I can't stand it. It's there with Heineken and Rogue Dead Guy ale as beers that just taste...bad.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
No dude.. the brewery in savannah, ga on river street makes the best beer.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
going to savannah this weekend. noted :D

I forget the name of it.. I'm pretty sure it was either right on river street or the street right behind it.. you'll notice the large tanks lining the walls.

They have like 16 different beers brewed right there. They serve some food but that's not what you go there for. :sneaky:

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
I forget the name of it.. I'm pretty sure it was either right on river street or the street right behind it.. you'll notice the large tanks lining the walls.

They have like 16 different beers brewed right there. They serve some food but that's not what you go there for. :sneaky:

As a beer connoisseur and resident of Savannah for ~6 years. I would not recommend it. It's called Moon River brewing company. The beers are generally average and lack any real flavor. They are nothing special outside of their style. If you want a good beer in SAV go to "The Distillery" they have a great selection and the atmosphere and food is nice as well.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
I gotta say, that's just short of phenomenally bad ass.

yep... its one of the reasons i support them.

here's a pic i found from one of the last times i went... of the Fresh Beer Room

100_0854.JPG

you can clearly see the tap in the back where they dispense the 1-day old beer.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Killian's is great when you just started drinking, and it's still considered a "premium" keg--the only two choices being a keg of Miller vs a keg of Killians. OMG: that dude is ballin! Killians!

But if you're drinking it past the ages of 17-21, then consider yourself a peon.