Official Colts Vs Patriots Thread

Lyfer

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Who will win?

That's simple, Tom Brady is Peyton's daddy, so you do the math. (I like the pats by 7)

rsd

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2003
With the Pats injuries I say it can go either way.

But I love how the colts fans talk trash like they've actually beaten the Pats anytime in the last few years :)

Peyton collects great stats, Brady just collects Super Bowl Rings!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
All I can say is, should be a game well worth watching! :thumbsup:

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Lyfer
Who will win?

That's simple, Tom Brady is Peyton's daddy, so you do the math. (I like the pats by 7)

How is Tom Brady Peyton's daddy. WTF are you smoking.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: faenix
Who will win?

No kidding. Colts offense is at least as good if not better than the Patriots. It's their defense that sucks. Patriots actually have a decent defense and since you really need both to beat the best teams Tom Brady has 2 Superbowl rings and Peyton Manning has none.

Personally, I think the Colts have a better offense and a better QB. There is no denying that.

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Who will win?

No kidding. Colts offense is at least as good if not better than the Patriots. It's their defense that sucks. Patriots actually have a decent defense and since you really need both to beat the best teams Tom Brady has 2 Superbowl rings and Peyton Manning has none.

Personally, I think the Colts have a better offense and a better QB. There is no denying that.

Tom Brady only has two super bowl rings because of the masterful job Bill Belichick has done with the Pat's defense. If Peyton had the security blanket of an amazing defense, he would be even more amazing.

Yes they lost last year, Peyton threw three INT's in foxboro. You have to realize Ty Law had a monstrous game last year.

He'll be playing next week, oh wait he's not. Pat's are too confident in themselves.

Although losing to the Dolphins was a fluke, it shows that the Pats took the Dolphins too lightly.

I can't wait to see all the arrogant smirks wipe off of you pats fans when my colts win.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
It's too bad you can't set the forums to ignore people in New England and Indiana, then you might get some real opinions. :p

In all seriousness, as much as I like the Colts, and as much as I loathe the Patriots, I think the Pats will win this game 75% of the time.

rsd

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Who will win?

Tom Brady only has two super bowl rings because of the masterful job Bill Belichick has done with the Pat's defense. If Peyton had the security blanket of an amazing defense, he would be even more amazing.

Yes they lost last year, Peyton threw three INT's in foxboro. You have to realize Ty Law had a monstrous game last year.

He'll be playing next week, oh wait he's not. Pat's are too confident in themselves.

Although losing to the Dolphins was a fluke, it shows that the Pats took the Dolphins too lightly.

I can't wait to see all the arrogant smirks wipe off of you pats fans when my colts win.

Well every team has the exact amount of $$ they can spend on a team.

The colts/manning agreed on that absurd 30+ million signing bonus, not to mention the contracts the signed harrison, stokely, etc. So obviously they aren't going to have as much money on Defense to spend.

As Bellichek likes to say, you are what you are.

I don't care if the pats have a good D and good O or sucky D and great O, I just want wins baby and that is all that matters. You can take the 49 TD's, but if the colts don't win it all this year then it is just a stat.

Trash talking aside,
Man I can't wait for the weekend, going to be some GREAT football

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
It's really hard to say...Peyton's had a phenomenal year, but they're going to New England, and Bill Belicheck has had a long time to make a game plan. Then again NE has lots of injuries including Ty Law who picked off Peyton thrice last year. Then AGAIN Indy's defense is ranked 29th in the league, ouch. Then again NE lost to the Dolphins. If there was any year an offense alone could win the Superbowl, this would be it. I'll say the Colts beat the Pats. Somewhere around 28 to 27. Playoff games seem to surprise me a lot, but i don't think i'll be surprised either way this time.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Perknose
All I can say is, should be a game well worth watching! :thumbsup:

It has the look of a good old fashion shoot out. :)

Oh, and before I forget, go Pats!

jlarsson

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2001
Who will win?

I think you mean Bill Belichick is Peyton's daddy. As a Pats fan, I'm concerned about our secondary. Regardless, I'm still taking the Pats to win.

Go Pats!

Edit: Also, even if the Colts win, there simply not going to beat Pittsburgh.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The Colts will win against New England...
The Steelers will win against the Jets...
The Steelers will crush the Colts and send them home crying! :laugh:

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
I pick the colts by 5.

Mid-season, I would have gone with the Pats, but with the way their secondary looks, they don't have the players to cover all the receiving talent that will be thrown at them.

As long as Indy's defense plays an OK game, the Colts walk away with the upset.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Being that the Pats Secondary is depleted... I like the colts chances...

However... the Patriots have Bill Bellichek and the amount of time that Peyton Manning will spend on the
field will be limited if the Patriots have anything to do with it. I expect a lot from the Patriots running game. Corey Dillon needs to have a big day for the Patriots to win.

I don't think Corey Dillon can do that well... at least not well enough to keep up with Peyton Manning when he's actually on the field due to the Patriots secondary situation.

In the end, the pats rarely make mistakes on offense and the Colts have a sub-par Defense,
I think that it will be a close game...

Colts 31 - Pats 28

Edit: <---- Buffalo Bills fan (however this doesn't effect my pick)

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I'm not a fan of either, but both are real good teams. That being said I think the Colts will win.

Should be a good game.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
It will be a good game. I don't think the Pats have enough left this year to stop the Colts but we'll see.

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Since the Chargers lost I'm rooting for the Patriots. Rodney Harrison (from San Diego) is playing there. Manning can't do anything in N.E. He needs a dome to do good. I predict the Colts to get spanked!

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
Pats, baby. Peyton might as well walk into Gillette with both hands around his own throat in anticipation of the customary Foxboro CHOKE. :D :thumbsup: