Official: Changes to Benghazi talking points made by intel community

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
so the President knew it was a terriost attack and some idiot in intel changed it That is one of the two questions i had. I don't care about Rice she was following orders wich is her job. not going to blame her for anything and its silly of the R's to bitch about it.

I do want to know why the US didn't do anything to help those that needed it. who dropped the ball on that? what did and didn't happen? was aid to slow to get there? was aid even called (yes i read that Clinton ordered it sent). Why was there a fuck up.

did the intel community fuck up yet again?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
And thou maketh mountains out of molehills.

you are right. only a few dead. molehills...

edit: this is why politics disgust me. it makes people toe the party line instead of demanding answers. You have those that back GOP making up shit and blowing this into a cover up by the president. Then you have Dems saying its "making mountains out of molehills" and not questioning .

people died in something. why? what happened? why did it happen? why.

we need to stop playing politics in shit. its hurting more then helping.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

edit: this is why politics disgust me. it makes people toe the party line instead of demanding answers. You have those that back GOP making up shit and blowing this into a cover up by the president. Then you have Dems saying its "making mountains out of molehills" and not questioning .

Why? Because we don't know what lies in the hearts and minds of men. Because we can't know exactly when terrorists are going to strike and where no matter how many government sponsored molestations you put in place. Shit happens because there are some shitty people on this planet. It is a part of life. The sooner everyone realizes this the sooner the terrorists lose and we can go back to normal.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
so the President knew it was a terriost attack and some idiot in intel changed it That is one of the two questions i had. I don't care about Rice she was following orders wich is her job. not going to blame her for anything and its silly of the R's to bitch about it.

I do want to know why the US didn't do anything to help those that needed it. who dropped the ball on that? what did and didn't happen? was aid to slow to get there? was aid even called (yes i read that Clinton ordered it sent). Why was there a fuck up.

did the intel community fuck up yet again?

Are you saying that if it was because of the movie, it couldn't have been a terrorist attack? What magical property of the movie makes that so?

Why the sudden rightwing obsession with the motivations of Muslim extremists?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Are you saying that if it was because of the movie, it couldn't have been a terrorist attack? What magical property of the movie makes that so?

Why the sudden rightwing obsession with the motivations of Muslim extremists?

what? where did i say it was because of the idiotic movie? where did i even hint at that?

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/middle-ground.html

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Solid wimp-out.

stating reality.

Obama and rice came out and said this was a just a random occurance that happened because of a video.

While they knew it was a planed attack. Then later changed the store, weeks later.

dems are now trying to make the right look like a bunch of nutcases.

hmmmm.

Who really is crazy?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
stating reality.

Obama and rice came out and said this was a just a random occurance that happened because of a video.

While they knew it was a planed attack. Then later changed the store, weeks later.

dems are now trying to make the right look like a bunch of nutcases.

hmmmm.

Who really is crazy?

Obama described it as an act of Terror on Sept 12.

The claim that the attack was planned well in advance lacks any evidence whatsoever, no matter who makes that claim.

There is evidence, however, that the video was the thing that set it all off-

Fighters involved in the assault, which was spearheaded by an Islamist brigade formed during last year’s uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, said in interviews during the battle that they were moved to attack the mission by anger over a 14-minute, American-made video that depicted the Prophet Muhammad, Islam’s founder, as a villainous, homosexual and child-molesting buffoon. Their attack followed by just a few hours the storming of the compound surrounding the United States Embassy in Cairo by an unarmed mob protesting the same video.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/w...a-is-reported-killed.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Interviews from the attackers while it was happening vs armchair quarterbacking, speculation, nitpicking & innuendo after the fact... Who ya gonna believe?

The answer to that question determines who's crazy & who's not...

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009

Wow dude, clearly I was talking about the dead people, and not the semantic argument.

Seriously.

And I am a member of no party or clique.