*** Official ASUS P5B / P5B Deluxe Thread ***

Page 55 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RubenG

Aug 22, 2012
Hi there,

i have a little problem with my ASUS P5B Deluxe board. The CPU is a Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2,0 Ghz.

I want to overclock the CPU and have that already tested on an other mobo up to 2,8 Ghz stable.

If I change the FSB and multiplier it lets me do it. But the changes have no effect at all. The only effect is, that when i hit F10 to save changes and exit, the computer turns off and turns on again 2 secs later.

Back in windows, i open cupz and it shows me no changes. FSB still at 800 Mhz and the CPU freq still at 2.0 Ghz!

Did somebody experience the same problem? I didnt find any helpful things till now!

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards

ranjan2001

Jul 11, 2004
Asus P5B deluxe motherboard with updated BIOS is giving me errors since I updated to Windows 10 x64. (Windows 7 didnt had this problem)
Every time I boot up, 9 out of 10 times I get this error & then I have to wait for it to boot into repair mode from there I choose safe mode then boot then reboot again normally.
I found the part solution here How to Fix INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error on Windows - XtremeRain
Once I shut down again & again this is happening so the solution isn't working 100% for me.

To compound the problem 90% of the times my BIOS also gets reset, I changed my CMOS battery assuming its creating problem but even with new battery the BIOS reset is happening & time is forgotten, boot device is set to floppy which is not present hence inaccessible boot device, AHCI gets rest to IDE another reason for inaccessible boot device.

On successful booting the HDD were checked & found no errors, however I disconnected all hdd except the ssd on which win 10 is installed just to check if other disk might be causing any problem, but the problem still remained as it is.

Most of the times I get booting error in BIOS
CMOS Checksum Bad
Overclocking failed! (even though I haven't overclocked my pc)

Is this windows 10 related problem or bios chip on the motherboard has gone bad?