Official 2022 Primaries thread

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Havent see a thread on this so thought Id start one. Here in AZ MAGA won quite a few seats, but theres some strong Democrats also. So we'll see come November!

How'd your state do?

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Tudor Dixon won the GOP governor primary here in MI. She’s Trump endorsed, DeVos endorsed, and hates abortion.

Please eat her alive Whitmer.

Reactions: alexruiz and DaaQ

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Seems like for the most part Republicans are choosing to go full crazy and nominate the most extreme possible candidates along with people literally trying to overthrow the republic.

High risk, high reward (assuming you think overthrowing the republic is a reward). Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part but between Dobbs and the nomination of these nuts Republicans could be overplaying what would otherwise be a strong hand.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Mehhh... don't worry. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan will vote for the Democrat Govs, and PA for the Democrat Senator.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Why are these MAGA’s accepting these ‘rigged election’ results? If they won, doesn’t that mean their opponents actually won? Let’s see them square that.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Seems like for the most part Republicans are choosing to go full crazy and nominate the most extreme possible candidates along with people literally trying to overthrow the republic.

High risk, high reward (assuming you think overthrowing the republic is a reward). Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part but between Dobbs and the nomination of these nuts Republicans could be overplaying what would otherwise be a strong hand.

Well in a wave year, enough of them will get through to cause chaos. Especially moreso sec of state candidates and others who control election machinery.

Add in the Independent State Legislature and some good old fashioned gerrymandering and statistically speaking, not that many MAGA candidates really need to get through to bring it all down. These are just the first dominoes.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
OR kicked Kurt Schrader to the curb. Tired of his corporate money.

Washington State had an interesting primary. Buetler has held her spot in South West Washington for almost 10 years. She voted to impeach Trump after Jan 6th. WA does a jungle primary.

The money spent between her and the Trump humpers (Joe Kemp) was huge. She lost to the democrat who spent almost nothing but beat Kemp.

So that's something. It's a democrat vs a sorta responsible Republican. One of them winning is better than some Magat. So....yay jungle primaries?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Oh and another Republican that voted to impeach Trump from WA appears to have survived a primary.

Reactions: thilanliyan

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Cheney conceded. No surprise there. Let’s see how much orange monkey bashing in the rest of her speech

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Wyoming has some of the highest suicide rates in the country. Wanna bet if this changes that any?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Also - need to update that Buetler conceded. So that's a win for the Trump humpers. That dem won't survive the November vote.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Fox sure cut Liz off in a f-ing hurry. Liz hardly began, it was clear she was laying out the threat of Trump to democracy, and zippppp…. Fox cut the feed. Frankly, this is or should be terrifying to every American. Imagine what our free press would look like under a president Donald Trump. You can imagine, actually, by looking at North Korea.

Reactions: soundforbjt

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
This loss is very disturbing, however a reminder to THE PEOPLE…… while the FBI goes after Trump and investigators go after Trump, DONALD TRUMP is STILL WINNING where it counts….. AT THE POLLS. o_O

Reactions: Lezunto

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
But I still wonder....
The "plan" or assumption is that all of these "Trumpie approved" candidates that are winning their primaries in state after state, that they will all lose in the end. It is assumed the democrat will win when up against these Trump endorsed loonies. It is also assumed that common sense will prevail and voters will elect the democrat.
Is this how it will go? I don't know.
Republicans are sure turning out in high numbers to elect Trump endorsed candidates. My concern, will democrats also turn out in the numbers needed in the end? If these Trump endorsed loonies all win their election in the midterms then we will have a bat-shit-crazy congress come 2025.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
But I still wonder....
The "plan" or assumption is that all of these "Trumpie approved" candidates that are winning their primaries in state after state, that they will all lose in the end. It is assumed the democrat will win when up against these Trump endorsed loonies. It is also assumed that common sense will prevail and voters will elect the democrat.
Is this how it will go? I don't know.
Republicans are sure turning out in high numbers to elect Trump endorsed candidates. My concern, will democrats also turn out in the numbers needed in the end? If these Trump endorsed loonies all win their election in the midterms then we will have a bat-shit-crazy congress come 2025.
The only thing that matters, literally, is turnout.

Every poll you see is useless. If a Democrat is up by 5%, it's a tie, etc., etc., just like 2016 and 2020.

If Democrats decide to stay home because Joe Biden isn't actually both Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema, then tough shit for democracy as the fascists will get to continue running their coup from the inside of the Federal Legislature.

At this point in the "game", I wouldn't expect anything less. One of the most pernicious things about collapse is that it creates a background level of hopelessness/depression and people just stop caring. This creates an opening for fascists to sneak in through any and all cracks they can find. It's been happening amongst blue collar workers and the rurals for decades, and it's about to pay off bigly for any competent fascist who can get their foot in the front door of the White House.

You can see all the openly proud fascists salivating like Matt Gaetz at a highschool freshman dance.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I don't know of any location where Liz Cheney would be happy to live in and run as a Dem. She is a die-hard Conservative, but sees through Trump.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't know of any location where Liz Cheney would be happy to live in and run as a Dem. She is a die-hard Conservative, but sees through Trump.

I think she should declare 3rd party candidacy and run in the general to cause trouble for the Trumper shitbag and hopefully help the dem win. ....or is this an unopposed election in Wyoming? probably...

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
It's all just a plan by the democrats to get Trump supporting Maggots elected in the primaries so they can be slaughtered in the general election.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So super dumb question here…

The Trumpazees are doing what they can to get in position to cheat in the general right?

Why would anyone trust what they’re doing in their own primaries? Would Trumpzies not screw over “RINOs” any means necessary?