Discussion ***Official*** 2021 Stock Market Thread

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
everyone: I want to buy TSLA but it's so high. When should I buy it?
me: If there is correction, buy it and never sell. TSLA is going to change the world and worth lot more in the future.

today: TSLA dropped over 30% from the high. People who were so eager to buy TSLA are no where to be found. They're scared. They want to buy when it's high yet don't want to buy when it's low. Funny how that works.
TSLA may very well be worth $700/share in 10 years. But to buy it now is just dead money that isn't doing you anything. It is better to invest the money elsewhere, make a profit, and buy TSLA in 10 years when the company might actually worth that $700/share.

Telsa's profits now come entirely from (a) other car companies paying Tesla for electric car credits and (b) rising bitcoin. Profit (a) is going the way of the dodo bird as other companies switch to electric and no longer have to pay Tesla to balance out their lineup. Profit (b) is highly speculative and could just as easily turn to a billion dollar loss.

I'm not catching this falling knife. I'd rather pick it up off the ground.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I bought the dip.

It actually worked for once. lol

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
what do you think about workhorse? buy the dip? down 47% because of not getting the usps contract that ended up going to a legacy defense contractor.. big old surprise!!! not.

they already supply ups, dhl, fedex express and are partnerd with ryder for leasing trucks.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I didn't need to do the things I did today but I don't regret it one bit. This morning looked like it could be the start of another big one. If I'm going to make this mass options selling strategy work I gotta be ready to act in thirty seconds flat if I feel the heat around the corner.

10-11 months ago when the COVID collapse hit I froze. I could have saved myself a lot of money if I had acted decisively. Today I did, and there are positives to be sure. For instance - the FUBO 25 puts I sold are already up over 2 grand. That makes up for the $ I lost switching over to them.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
TSLA may very well be worth $700/share in 10 years. But to buy it now is just dead money that isn't doing you anything. It is better to invest the money elsewhere, make a profit, and buy TSLA in 10 years when the company might actually worth that $700/share.

Telsa's profits now come entirely from (a) other car companies paying Tesla for electric car credits and (b) rising bitcoin. Profit (a) is going the way of the dodo bird as other companies switch to electric and no longer have to pay Tesla to balance out their lineup. Profit (b) is highly speculative and could just as easily turn to a billion dollar loss.

I'm not catching this falling knife. I'd rather pick it up off the ground.
Don't worry. I'll sell some my TSLA shares to you for $3,000/share in 10 years.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
what do you think about workhorse? buy the dip? down 47% because of not getting the usps contract that ended up going to a legacy defense contractor.. big old surprise!!! not.

they already supply ups, dhl, fedex express and are partnerd with ryder for leasing trucks.

USPS hinted late last year they would not get it or it would be shared. The stock cratered but came back up on hopes...false hopes it turns out.

Maybe WORKHOUSE can re-imagine itself has HOUSEWORK and get into nationwide maid services for all those Reddit millionaires.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
everyone: I want to buy TSLA but it's so high. When should I buy it?
me: If there is correction, buy it and never sell. TSLA is going to change the world and worth lot more in the future.

today: TSLA dropped over 30% from the high. People who were so eager to buy TSLA are no where to be found. They're scared. They want to buy when it's high yet don't want to buy when it's low. Funny how that works.

Stonks! Buy high, sell low!

lrg-5082-stonks.png

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
This is one of my all-time favorites.

I look forward to following Elon's tweets over my Starlink internet connection in the not-too-distant future. The future where I tell my cable monopoly: "YOU'RE FIRED"
What most people don't realize about Elon is that he works like crazy and he really knows his stuff. Not only is he super smart, he will outwork you. That's what separates him from other CEOs. People think he's just PR guy and not the real deal. Elon is an engineer and great one at that. He knows the details of everything. He's the real deal. Here's Sandy Munro confirming how hard Elon works and his knowledge of the subject matter.

It's why I shake my head when people think others will catch Tesla. There's no chance with Elon as the CEO.

Reactions: IEC

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
He's one of few CEOs that is actually involved with the company and knows what's going on, and not just some figure head in an ivory office calling shots. He actually gets involved with everything and actually knows his stuff.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
So are EV stocks done puking?

I was able to pick up some NIO yesterday around $45. I even picked up some FSR after it surged 25% today and it's still running lol.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
What most people don't realize about Elon is that he works like crazy and he really knows his stuff. Not only is he super smart, he will outwork you. That's what separates him from other CEOs. People think he's just PR guy and not the real deal. Elon is an engineer and great one at that. He knows the details of everything. He's the real deal. Here's Sandy Munro confirming how hard Elon works and his knowledge of the subject matter.

It's why I shake my head when people think others will catch Tesla. There's no chance with Elon as the CEO.

What would happen though if he got sick, or died or something? I wonder if the company would survive?

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
That's a big question mark. Are they a one man show, or is the sum of their parts enough to keep them on this path.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
He's one of few CEOs that is actually involved with the company and knows what's going on, and not just some figure head in an ivory office calling shots. He actually gets involved with everything and actually knows his stuff.
It's fair to say Elon definitely knows how to lead and has a vision.

It's also fair to say he's good at cooking up a gimmick or two that would never work but his fans fawn over him anyway because he knows his fans are not quite rational.

Like that thinner gauge "liquid cooled" wiring for the superchargers or that ridiculous contraption he suggested to save the trapped Thai boys.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Don't we all know that feeling.
I did not buy AMC at around four because I wanted it to drop to two just maybe two days before wallstreetbets went viral....

If you go back in this thread, I jumped in with 400 GME @ 49. Assuming I had the cajones to ride it to at least $499, I would have made $200,000.

The stock is now $122 AH, meaning a $25k intraday gain. Not bad for one day.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Everyone is buying now hoping for a return to $500. I will buy one share now @ $119 for shits and giggles.

Last edited: