**Official 2018-19 NFL Post Season Thread Part Deux: The Divisionals!**

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Wow, more exciting games this weekend:

Saturday Jan 12

Indianapolis at Kansas City, 4:35 p.m. ET (NBC)
Dallas at Los Angeles Rams, 8:15 p.m. ET (Fox)

Sunday Jan 13

L.A. Chargers at New England, 1:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
Philadelphia at New Orleans, 4:40 p.m. ET (Fox)

One thought: If the Rams lose, I think it will show that Sean McVay is over-hyped. Good coach, but over hyped if the LOSE a second straight playoff game at home. This will be a very good weekend.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Some really good games, I think the Saints should do a number on the Eagles and I am curious to see how well Indy can keep doing with all the travelling (same for the Chargers).
Being a Niners fan, hope the Cowboys win, but then hope they lose the next game :)

Jun 18, 2000
Luck and Rivers have been playing like they found the fountain of youth. I'll take Colts over Chiefs, but wouldn't bet on the Chargers over the Patriots. Rivers is 0-fer against Brady in his career.

Mar 11, 2004
I think Chiefs are more likely to exorcise their demons than Chargers in New England. I'm not really sure why people are overlooking the Pats so much (I already know why they're doing that with the Chiefs), they didn't lose at home this year, and they've been playing as well as the Colts and Chargers have. Plus its fucking Tom Brady and Belichick in New England in the playoffs.

Luck and Rivers have been playing like they found the fountain of youth. I'll take Colts over Chiefs, but wouldn't bet on the Chargers over the Patriots. Rivers is 0-fer against Brady in his career.

Luck isn't even 30...

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
I think Chiefs are more likely to exorcise their demons than Chargers in New England. I'm not really sure why people are overlooking the Pats so much (I already know why they're doing that with the Chiefs), they didn't lose at home this year, and they've been playing as well as the Colts and Chargers have. Plus its fucking Tom Brady and Belichick in New England in the playoffs.

Luck isn't even 30...

Oh, the Pats have a great chance to win no doubt. I just think the Chargers are the better team, with a QB who's playing better.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Wow, more exciting games this weekend:

Saturday Jan 12

Indianapolis at Kansas City, 4:35 p.m. ET (NBC)
Dallas at Los Angeles Rams, 8:15 p.m. ET (Fox)

Sunday Jan 13

L.A. Chargers at New England, 1:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
Philadelphia at New Orleans, 4:40 p.m. ET (Fox)

One thought: If the Rams lose, I think it will show that Sean McVay is over-hyped. Good coach, but over hyped if the LOSE a second straight playoff game at home. This will be a very good weekend.
Indy vs KC and Chargers Vs Pats should be good games, i don't think Philly can keep up with N.O.'s offense , Rams 'should' make easy work of the Cowboys, so i'm expecting a Cowboy miracle of some sorts because it's been that kind of a season.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Luck isn't even 30...
LOL, it just seems like he is, interestingly, the coaches hired by Josh McDaniels (before he bailed on Indy) were allowed to stay by Reich and have done an outstanding job(s). Both the Indy O-line and their entire defense have morphed into 2 of the better units still playing, with the weak KC D they have a real shot of pulling off the upset today.

Mar 11, 2004
LOL, it just seems like he is, interestingly, the coaches hired by Josh McDaniels (before he bailed on Indy) were allowed to stay by Reich and have done an outstanding job(s). Both the Indy O-line and their entire defense have morphed into 2 of the better units still playing, with the weak KC D they have a real shot of pulling off the upset today.

Their o-line is good but their defense is overrated (think Chris Simms said the best passing offense they played all year was the Giants and they put up 27 points, and gave up 38 to the Pats). Chiefs D is different at home. It causes a lot more turnovers and I think gets more pressure/sacks. Chiefs have Watkins back and they averaged almost a TD more per game with him playing.

Mar 11, 2004
Oh, the Pats have a great chance to win no doubt. I just think the Chargers are the better team, with a QB who's playing better.

That's the thing. They have had "the better team" for like the entire time Rivers has been there (every year "the Chargers are the most complete team" seems like gets said) and yet he's 0-7 against Brady and often do little to nothing in the playoffs (when they don't miss the playoffs because they stalled out of the gate). I don't know that Rivers is playing that much better than Brady either (pretty similar TD/INT and Brady threw for more yards - granted he threw quite a bit more and had lower completion percentage and more fumbles which is why he is like 8 points lower in QBRating). Pats ran better and average more points per game too.

People are sleeping hard on the Pats and Brady. I don't know what to do but laugh. A "down" year for Brady and he's not far from "if it wasn't for Mahomes, Luck and Rivers would be serious MVP candidates", but people act like well its clear Brady is in decline and Pats reign is over. That's not a knock on Luck or Rivers, but Brady has not been playing bad (maybe he's had a bad game or two this year, I didn't pay attention to every game).

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's the thing. They have had "the better team" for like the entire time Rivers has been there (every year "the Chargers are the most complete team" seems like gets said) and yet he's 0-7 against Brady and often do little to nothing in the playoffs (when they don't miss the playoffs because they stalled out of the gate). I don't know that Rivers is playing that much better than Brady either (pretty similar TD/INT and Brady threw for more yards - granted he threw quite a bit more and had lower completion percentage and more fumbles which is why he is like 8 points lower in QBRating). Pats ran better and average more points per game too.

People are sleeping hard on the Pats and Brady. I don't know what to do but laugh. A "down" year for Brady and he's not far from "if it wasn't for Mahomes, Luck and Rivers would be serious MVP candidates", but people act like well its clear Brady is in decline and Pats reign is over.

Most of the year, when I have said things like: "The Chiefs are the best team and probably will win--Oh the Saints are the best team and probably will win--damn the Chargers have been playing really well and no one is paying attention and are really complete! (lol) damn, no one is paying attention to Indy..." etc etc, it is always assumed by me, anyway, in my statement: "Yeah, but the Patriots will probably win the SB."

That's just how it is, I think, with probably everyone. The only kryptonite for Brady and Belichick is Lesser Manning and the Giants, and it's quite rare that they have to worry about those idiots.

Mar 11, 2004
Looks like the Colts' Luck ran out (the clock).

Its a shame that I think Mahomes is too humble (and I think he's religious too) to take the St Patrick nickname. But Arrowhead is now Patrick's Cathedral.

Most of the year, when I have said things like: "The Chiefs are the best team and probably will win--Oh the Saints are the best team and probably will win--damn the Chargers have been playing really well and no one is paying attention and are really complete! (lol) damn, no one is paying attention to Indy..." etc etc, it is always assumed by me, anyway, in my statement: "Yeah, but the Patriots will probably win the SB."

That's just how it is, I think, with probably everyone. The only kryptonite for Brady and Belichick is Lesser Manning and the Giants, and it's quite rare that they have to worry about those idiots.

Well the media has been trying to talk up the Chargers for over a decade and always is wrong. I think they just don't want to look like total dumbfucks like they did a couple of years back after they got shellacked by KC and they all went "are Brady and Belichick done?" They still tried a few times but then shut their mouths when the Pats didn't collapse.

Which they still weren't right on the Chargers yet (didn't win the division, we'll see if they beat New England).

I like Rivers better than the Pats, but you'd think at some point they'd stop being as ridiculous as possible. Which if it was just the media saying shit for hot takes, but even the fans have been saying this shit. I'd accept it if people were just honest and said "I fucking hate the Pats and I like Rivers", but people justify it with this "the Chargers are the most complete team" argument, like that mattered the other times that was the case.

I don't even care. Chiefs need to face down Brady and Belichick in the AFC Championship game if they want to claim it for their own. But I do like seeing them make Rivers pout.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Well the Colts had a rough day, Luck was decent but early on several of his passes were tipped/blocked at the LOS, most of the game he had excellent protection but he was standing there wating for someone to get open. Throw in Adam V missing a 20yrd FG by clanging it off the left upright then when the Colts finally scored he missed the PAT. All in all still a great season by the Colts, starting 1-5 they were wrote off as dead, heck of a job to get where they did.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Sad day for football. Hopefully the Rams can be defeated and dissolved and the owner exiled to Elba.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Sad day for football. Hopefully the Rams can be defeated and dissolved and the owner exiled to Elba.
I watched that entire game, here's what I saw, the Dallas defense just got blown off the ball again and again, this greatly reduced any stress on Goff to bare minimum. 2nd was the only real chance Dallas has was to stay on the field, going 1 for 11 on 3rd down they failed, Dak was missing wide open throws. Weird thing is he'll make the occasional excellent throw then miss on easy ones. The 4th down play they didn't make late was as predicable as possible, don't get me wrong, Elliot is a premier runner in the NFL, but he ran into a brick wall. Unless Philly can pull off the mother of all upsets tomorrow LA is going back to NO, the bad news for them?, Brees is as accurate as any QB playing he won't miss those open guys Dak did today.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Well I won a couple round of because of as usual cocky Cowboys fans.
LOL, yea, gotta love diehard fans during playoff's, it's like a cash cow!. Back when Elway was a great QB but his team was so-so I made bank every. single. year. from my boss at the time, he was from Denver and wold bet on hype, emotion and hope. I bet on the Giants defense and cashed in!.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
One down one to go.

Dak sucks ass as expected. Dude can't do shit but hit wide open receivers. Glad Zeke got like 2.3 yds per carry and we didn't have to see him do that stupid fucking "keep feeding me" shit all game. Eat a dick instead.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Cowboys defense sucked today. On the 3rd down run, idiot safety playing like an extra linebacker just watches him run out to the flat and since he doesn't follow, Goff just runs for the first.

Aug 11, 2008
I am a Vikings fan, and still hate the Saints for the way they beat up Brett Farve in the playoffs during the "bounty year." That said, they seem to be by far the most dominant team in the NFL this year. And they have a proven QB in Brees, who doesnt seem to have fallen off yet. So I would have to pick them as the clear favorite, unfortunately. My second seed would be the Rams. I dont really have much faith in any of the AFC teams. I am a Patriots fan, but they really dont have much talent overall. Brady is still good at times and I would not count him out, but I dont think he has the talent to elevate a middle of the road team like he used to. Still think the Chiefs are overrated, and am waiting for Rivers to prove himself in the playoffs.