*OFFICIAL* 2012 NFL Playoffs thread

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
wow things are going falcons way

So far so good, lot's of football to go yet, I just get the feeling that beating Seattle the way they did last week instilled a ton of confidence in the Falcons, for once THEY were the one that closed out a playoff game with great plays and a clutch kick to get the win..

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
So far so good, lot's of football to go yet, I just get the feeling that beating Seattle the way they did last week instilled a ton of confidence in the Falcons, for once THEY were the one that closed out a playoff game with great plays and a clutch kick to get the win..

By that same token, for a rookie QB to come off a game like last week (on the road), and to have to do something similar again (on the road) the very next week is asking a lot. Eventually that adrenaline ride has to crash.

Although like you said, lots of football still to go.

Edit: My mistake, 49ers were at home last week.

Last edited:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Damn, actual pass rush by the Falcons. Dome noise is bothering the Niners offense.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Falcons pass rush (MIA for parts of the season) has it going on today, the Kapenator looks befuddled...

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
By that same token, for a rookie QB to come off a game like last week (on the road), and to have to do something similar again (on the road) the very next week is asking a lot. Eventually that adrenaline ride has to crash.

Niners were at home last week. Dome is whole different environment.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

True, I'm hoping that happens to the Raven's later LOL but I know better, it will be a battle..

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Niners were at home last week. Dome is whole different environment.

Yeah, my fault, getting my games confused. Still, I'd say it remains that it's a lot to ask from a rookie QB. Especially, like you said, in a dome game on the road.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999

As already mentioned, SF was at home. But Russell Wilson almost did just that.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What a fucking catch! Incredible with a guy hanging all over him. There's just no way to defend that.