*OFFICIAL* 2012 NFL Playoffs thread

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Maybe Ray stays on as a cheerleader. Terrell Owens does his dance better too.

I feel sorry for RG3, he's a rookie, the Redskins organization in all their ineptitude failed to protect him. Hopefully the damage isn't bad.

I predicted earlier this season that RGIII would be knocked out of the season with an injury b/c of that line. It's a shame.

Lewis mic'd up soundbytes from the game!

I don't know if you'll ever see an NFL field general get his troops fired up the Ray does, it's a marvel to behold. Love how they bring him the ball after the forced fumble, like it's a piece of meat/offering gift for the leader of the pack lol. They have all bought into his vision, probably why his nickname is "Mufasa" in the locker room.

Last edited:

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Omg, not sure if it's just me or does B.more have some insanely hot single women (living in the city)... a shame I have a g/f. ;)

RG3 needed his right knee to plant when throwing, so it absolutely affected his play. I don't blame Shanny for leaving him in, because if things went wrong, they could just blame it on the knee - easy way to take the blame off the coaching staff. However, they may have fcked themselves over for next season by not putting Cousins in earlier, depending on the severity of the injury.

Yeah I hope he didn't damage it even more. Shanahan should be held responsible. I don't think he should be fired or anything like that but I think he put the Redskins' future on the table gambling like he's in Vegas. Robert is a competitor and wants to lead his team to victory but there has to be someone there to protect him and the team and IMO Mike did not do that.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
ICF, can you answer this question with a straight yes or no? Was RGIII's play affected by his injured knee? nothing to trip over except for the truth and if you can't handle that, well, there really isn't anything to say to someone who doesn't accept reality. I would agree that he should have been benched and that error is on Shanahan but don't strut this out like RGIII was playing at his best and somehow seahawks would have overcome that. Thats just BS.

Where did I say his play wasn't affected? Where did I say RGIII was at his best? What I said was that the Seahawks likely would've won regardless and I am sticking with that. Saying "Oh boo hoo, RGIII is injured, that's why we lost!" is ridiculous. It is what it is and your retarded coach is to blame. Shanahan had several options at his disposal yet like the dumbass he is (and I called all season), he just couldn't resist running RGIII around and subjecting him to further injury. You have Cousins and a 1,600-yard rusher with a good offensive line (cut the crap Redskins fans, your line is far better than the Colts so don't even try to make excuses). No excuse not to put Cousins in and take your chances with him.

This is what you Redskins fans have not been able to grasp all season long. You decry me as an "RGIII hater" when nothing of the sort is true. What happened the last few weeks to the Redskins (RGIII's injury) is EXACTLY what AMDZen and I predicted and further, Shanahan's playcalling is EXACTLY what we predicted would cause the injury(ies).

Going up and down the field means shit if you don't score. I won't argue that they didn't move the ball cause they clearly did. There are no excuses the game was lost the way it was played. The question was would the outcome be the same if he was healthy. You clearly can't grasp that and instead expand it into some excuse making thread. Nice try though.

Yes, and I answered that question -- in my estimation, the Seahawks would still win. I said they'd win last week and I believe they would've regardless. You're the one making excuses, not me. The Seahawks are a better team.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
You prove my point. This happened immediately after his reinjury.

Really? I proved your point? So RGIII plays defense for the Redskins too?

No, sorry. As I said, Seattle was rattled and settled down. What you seem to conveniently ignore is that the Redskins defense was DOMINATING them the first few possessions. Once Seattle settled down and executed its game plan, it was curtains for the Skins D.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Damn, missed the game. So glad the 'Hawks won though. I am most concerned about them playing the Packers if they get through; tough match up for them, but would be an awesome game for all of us. Let's go Russell Wilson!!! Now that the Vikes are out, Seahawks are my team! :awe:

RGII got injured again? Was it a bad one? Sad to have the season end that way, though not all that surprising unfortunately. :(

KT

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Shanahan said he asked Griffin about the knee and he said "There a difference between an injury and being hurt and I'm not injured" Shanahan should have said "Well your play is being affected whether injured or hurt, off to an MRI with you" but instead inferred something along the lines of "Well I couldn't argue with that".....!??!?!?!?

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Shanahan said he asked Griffin about the knee and he said "There a difference between an injury and being hurt and I'm not injured" Shanahan should have said "Well your play is being affected whether injured or hurt, off to an MRI with you" but instead inferred something along the lines of "Well I couldn't argue with that".....!??!?!?!?

Ah, so RGIII claims he was just hurting and not really injured. There we go folks, straight from the mouth of your QB. :D

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Where did I say his play wasn't affected? Where did I say RGIII was at his best? What I said was that the Seahawks likely would've won regardless and I am sticking with that. Saying "Oh boo hoo, RGIII is injured, that's why we lost!" is ridiculous. It is what it is and your retarded coach is to blame. Shanahan had several options at his disposal yet like the dumbass he is (and I called all season), he just couldn't resist running RGIII around and subjecting him to further injury. You have Cousins and a 1,600-yard rusher with a good offensive line (cut the crap Redskins fans, your line is far better than the Colts so don't even try to make excuses). No excuse not to put Cousins in and take your chances with him.

This is what you Redskins fans have not been able to grasp all season long. You decry me as an "RGIII hater" when nothing of the sort is true. What happened the last few weeks to the Redskins (RGIII's injury) is EXACTLY what AMDZen and I predicted and further, Shanahan's playcalling is EXACTLY what we predicted would cause the injury(ies).

You still didn't say it even though you allude to it. Yes or no, was RGIII's play affected by his injured knee?

There is no indication that Washington wouldn't have continued the onslaught had Robert not reinjured his knee. However all of this is just conjecture. There's no way to really know what the outcome would have been.

I can see Robert playing all the games he's played in except for this one after the second score. I mean Shanahan had a leg to stand on before because in the last 2 games he played the bum knee seemed serviceable but once the recurrence happened and he took his helmet off and limped to the huddle it was then that Shanahan should have known Griffin had been lying about how his knee felt and pulled him. He didn't and I fear he will skate out of town without having to really answer for it.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Yeah and it still affected his play.

I've been hearing for weeks about how the knee has "affected his play" except for the inconvenient fact (for Redskins fans, anyway) that his passing was unaffected in the Eagles game (first game back from the injury) but magically, against Dallas, his throwing (but not his running) was suddenly affected. I mean seriously, he throws the ball fine the week of his return but the following week, his poor throwing performance was "due to injury" but he ran 6 times for 63 yards. Seriously? The excuses for the Dallas game were laughable and embarrassing.

Bernie Kosar played a game with a broken ankle and played well. Scores of other QBs have played with broken ribs and played well. Do you know what happens when an injured QB plays in a game? The game plan is modified in order to 1) provide better protection for the QB and 2) avoid further injury to the QB and play to his strengths. In the Eagles game, IIRC, RGIII only had a couple of runs. The rest were passes. That is the type of game plan you implement when your rushing QB is injured.

As I said before (and predicted last week), the Seahawks are a better team and I believe would've won regardless. That's all that counts in my book.

Last edited:

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
I've been hearing for weeks about how the knee has "affected his play" except for the inconvenient fact (for Redskins fans, anyway) that his passing was unaffected in the Eagles game (first game back from the injury) but magically, against Dallas, his throwing (but not his running) was suddenly affected. I mean seriously, he throws the ball fine the week of his return but the following week, his poor throwing performance was "due to injury" but he ran 6 times for 63 yards. Seriously? The excuses for the Dallas game were laughable and embarrassing.

Bernie Kosar played a game with a broken ankle and played well. Scores of other QBs have played with broken ribs and played well. Do you know what happens when an injured QB plays in a game? The game plan is modified in order to 1) provide better protection for the QB and 2) avoid further injury to the QB. In the Eagles game, IIRC, RGIII only had a couple of runs. The rest were passes. That is the type of game plan you implement when your rushing QB is injured.

As I said before (and predicted last week), the Seahawks are a better team and I believe would've won regardless. That's all that counts in my book.

You can agree that Robert's play was affected and still claim that the seahawks would have won you know? This is why you have no credibility IMO. Something you know is fact would bolster your position if you would simply acknowledge it. Instead you go on some tangent (twice now) about other games/players. You are being deliberately disingenuous and that invalidates your argument.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
You can agree that Robert's play was affected and still claim that the seahawks would have won you know? This is why you have no credibility IMO. Something you know is fact would bolster your position if you would simply acknowledge it. Instead you go on some tangent (twice now) about other games/players. You are being deliberately disingenuous and that invalidates your argument.

No, I'm not. I have not denied it affected his play. It very obviously affected his mobility -- your idiot head coach showed that by having RGimpIII run out to the side, limping the whole way. It is debatable how much it affected his throwing. The deep throw that was picked off, for example, was thrown late -- I don't think his injury had as much affect on that throw as his timing did, for example. The other games example was showing how delusional Redskins fans are and, as a result, the reason I'm hugely skeptical whenever any Redskins fan says anything.

At any rate, it is irrelevant in my view because I predicted a Seahawks win assuming he'd be fine and I think the Seahawks would've still beaten them. You were beaten by a better team. Deal with it. My team was beaten by a better team. I'm fine with that and will hopefully enjoy seeing Manning humiliate the Ravens and maybe win another SB.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
No, I'm not. I have not denied it affected his play. It very obviously affected his mobility -- your idiot head coach showed that by having RGimpIII run out to the side, limping the whole way. It is debatable how much it affected his throwing. The deep throw that was picked off, for example, was thrown late -- I don't think his injury had as much affect on that throw as his timing did, for example. The other games example was showing how delusional Redskins fans are and, as a result, the reason I'm hugely skeptical whenever any Redskins fan says anything.

At any rate, it is irrelevant in my view because I predicted a Seahawks win assuming he'd be fine and I think the Seahawks would've still beaten them. You were beaten by a better team. Deal with it. My team was beaten by a better team. I'm fine with that and will hopefully enjoy seeing Manning humiliate the Ravens and maybe win another SB.

Agreed. Shanahan let his ego decide rather than common sense. As I said I hope he gets burned rotisserie style over this.

Well we'll have to leave it at that. You think Seahawks win regardless and are the better team. I do not and that won't change no matter how much bickering. On to next years draft/offseason where we hunt offensive line and defensive backs (hopefully).

Where do you see the Colts need help? O-line and wideouts?

Ayrahvon

Aug 7, 2007
I predicted earlier this season that RGIII would be knocked out of the season with an injury b/c of that line. It's a shame.

Lewis mic'd up soundbytes from the game!

I don't know if you'll ever see an NFL field general get his troops fired up the Ray does, it's a marvel to behold. Love how they bring him the ball after the forced fumble, like it's a piece of meat/offering gift for the leader of the pack lol. They have all bought into his vision, probably why his nickname is "Mufasa" in the locker room.

Ray reminds me of an amped up Reggie White when it comes to getting his team motivated. I really haven't seen anyone else quite like them in that regard.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Redskins/Hawks was such a shitshow with that field of spraypainted dirt. One team had to use its punter as a placekicker and the other lost one of the biggest stars in the league. Sure hope just as much attention is paid to that than to Shanahan's decisionmaking

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Redskins/Hawks was such a shitshow with that field of spraypainted dirt. One team had to use its punter as a placekicker and the other lost one of the biggest stars in the league. Sure hope just as much attention is paid to that than to Shanahan's decisionmaking

All of these wildcard games have been less than stellar. Best one was the Texans/Bengals game and even that was meh.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
qft

Players were slipping and sliding all game. And it definitely looked like it was a factor in RG3's knee giving out.

I'm a natural grass kind of guy but in many areas of the country you have to use artificial turf. Especially with stadiums now being used for other activities during the season.

The Packers seem to do a great job with Lambeau but I don't think they use it for anything but the Packers during the season.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
All of these wildcard games have been less than stellar. Best one was the Texans/Bengals game and even that was meh.

think he's referring to how shitty the skins field is. i hope that danny's franchise qb possibly tearing his acl partially to the shitty field is enough to get him to spend the cash on some turf in the off season.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
also not sure if anyone heard shanahan's presser, but he basically said his decision to keep rg3 in was just his gut feeling, and that your gut isn't always right. pretty sure he knows that he made the wrong deicision, but its all in hindsight now anyways.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

I was skeptical of Seattle's offense away from that noisedrome they play in but wound up impressed after today's win, coming from 2 scores down. A young, athletic QB like Russell can cause damage running in an intense game like this where defenders are prone to overpursue sometimes, it's risky (just ask RG3) but turning a busted 3rd and 11 into a 1st down can demoralizing to a D like nothing else. I was surprised by the size of the brace on RG3 and shocked when Wash. called bootleg plays with that situation. QB's do play injured sometimes, it's difficult to determine what type of injury limits which QB the most so it's hard to say if or how much the knee was hurting RG3 but he sure seemed like he belonged on the bench to me, to risk an acl blowout and deliver a subpar performance was stupid for Shanahan, Cousins has proven to be a decent QB and he should have started IMO..

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I don't think so. An injured Robert gave us a 14 point lead. He was reinjured right before the second score. Did not score again. Yet you think his injury had nothing to do with that? I call loads of BS. Had he not been injured the seahawks wouldn't have been back in the game IMO. Defense played well enough. not to mention the second time he went down in the game was another fumble. How in the world can you come to a different conclusion?

It's easy, good teams make adjustments at halftime and Seattle did as well, they got ML on track and that started things rolling for the Hawks..

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. Shanahan let his ego decide rather than common sense. As I said I hope he gets burned rotisserie style over this.

Well we'll have to leave it at that. You think Seahawks win regardless and are the better team. I do not and that won't change no matter how much bickering. On to next years draft/offseason where we hunt offensive line and defensive backs (hopefully).

Two points:

1) RG3's style of play is directly responsible for his injury. He is reckless. He does that to gain every last yard. That's fine, but he also has to pay the price for it. This isn't some random thing that you chalk up to chance, it is a reflection of the quality of the team and its decision-makers (coach and player) to pursue that style of play. Read: injury is no excuse in this case. RG3 getting himself hurt is on par with him throwing an INT, you can't just remove it from the equation.

2) Games cannot be isolated into one player's performance. If the Skin's were trying to open it up with big runs from Griffin, deep passes, had he been healthy, the Seahawks would have likely pursued a different gameplan. They played the game they were given and won.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Well that was disappointing. My cowboys got beat fair and square by the better team, the Skins, and then the Skins fold up against the Seahawks. Hahah I guess that really does cement how terrible they were this year.

Otoh, given the game I saw where the Giants faced the Falcons (which deluded people told me Giants would win, LOOOOOL), if a motivated Falcons team shows up, Seahawks are toast.

I really don't know who to pull for now, guess I'll just hope for some better quality games.

Hope RG3 isn't maimed. Such a crappy way to end a season.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

Current wide receivers are serviceable but need to catch the damn ball (see: Avery). Even Wayne dropped some easy ones yesterday which shocked me.

Offensive line is the biggest need by far. The backup center on the Colts actually seems to be better than the starter, and Winston Justice is made of glass.

I think they need a big, athletic, shutdown corner opposite of Vontae Davis as well. I think Butler and Vaughn are keepers but as nickel backs or reserves.

Nevertheless, I am impressed with the job Grigson did in assembling a serviceable team given all the dead money on the cap. The should have a ton of money to spend this year and a decent amount next year as well, given that it is likely they'll part ways with Freeney and hopefully others like Jerraud Powers.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Out of the 3 rookie QBs this weekend, barring unable to fully see RG3s effect since his injury late 1st quarter.

I believe Russel wilson looked the best of the 3 when all was said and done after all 4 games finish.