*OFFICIAL* 2012 NFL Playoffs thread

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
it's absolutely the point. they weren't the falcons, every game is win or go home, surely you're not that dense

We are talking about a game against the Philadelphia Freaking Eagles, not the New England Patriots. Are you telling me Cousins couldn't have beaten them?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Ugh, that replay of RG3's knee was gross, i hope Shanahan gets fined by Goodell.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Well at least this is a good game finally, the first one really of the weekend. The Texans Bengals was mildly competitive, but this one is the best game

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
no, cousins would have beat them too

What are you basing that on? Cousins versus the Browns? I'm not saying Cousins is bad, but the Redskins' pistol offense is based on RG3s ability to handle the ball. Cousins does not have the deceptive ball handling that aids Alfred and the rest of the offense.

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
Without RG3, the Redskins offense is nothing. You could put Tom Brady in at QB for the Redskins and he would retire.

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
Are you a Skins fan? If so, you don't think they could beat one of the worst teams in the league (the Eagles) with Cousins and pounding them with Morris?

Alfred's success is dependent on RG3s ball fakes. If they were to run conventionally they would get zilch.

This is coming from a life-long Redskins fan.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Hey there, Seattle defense. Have you met our backup quarterback? No? Well, he's right here, I'll just step out of the way so you can say hi.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Alfred's success is dependent on RG3s ball fakes. If they were to run conventionally they would get zilch.

This is coming from a life-long Redskins fan.

Strongly disagree with your post before this one. You put Brady or Manning on the Skins, and they would have no problems winning. The Skins pass blocking is decent and they have fair receivers.

Nov 3, 2004
Are you a Skins fan? If so, you don't think they could beat one of the worst teams in the league (the Eagles) with Cousins and pounding them with Morris?

Why, because if I disagree wholeheartedly with you, it's because I'm a homer? I've repeatedly posted here that I'm a 49ers fan.

But here are the facts:

Every game is a do or die, lose one and you're out
The Redskins are going on the road against Philadelphia, a bad team, but certainly still a dangerous one, and a division rival, no less.
In fact, the Vegas line for the game closed at -4.5, hardly a blowout from a completely objective outside source

If you think RG3 is physically capable of playing, and gives you a better chance to win, you HAVE to play him if your'e in a do-or-die situation. And you know what? It WORKED. So I have no idea what your problem is with the decision.

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
Why, because if I disagree wholeheartedly with you, it's because I'm a homer? I've repeatedly posted here that I'm a 49ers fan.

But here are the facts:

The Redskins are going on the road against Philadelphia, a bad team, but certainly still a dangerous one, and a division rival, no less.
In fact, the Vegas line for the game closed at -4.5, hardly a blowout from a completely objective outside source

If you think RG3 is physically capable of playing, and gives you a better chance to win, you HAVE to play him if your'e in a do-or-die situation. And you know what? It WORKED. So I have no idea what your problem is with the decision.

I agree with this post. RG3 is the reason the Redskins are in the playoffs.

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
Strongly disagree with your post before this one. You put Brady or Manning on the Skins, and they would have no problems winning. The Skins pass blocking is decent and they have fair receivers.

Unfortunately, this scenario will never happen so we'll never really know. I still believe that RG3 had to play in those regular season games.

Nov 3, 2004

You put Brady/Manning on the Indianapolis Colts, and they have no problem winning either, yet you're always whining about their pass blocking and receivers. In fact, THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

C'mon man.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

But here are the facts:

My problem with the decision is that Shanahan not only played him then and against Dallas, but also ran him on designed plays and put his knee at further risk. At a minimum, you keep him in the pocket and tell him to eat the ball. Hell, we saw Shanahan run him out to the side a few plays ago. Seriously, how dumb was that?

In retrospect, he needed another week of rest. I'm hearing conflicting reports of whether the doctor actually clear him or not as well. If the doctor didn't clear him and Shanahan still played him, Goodell should fine them.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
You put Brady/Manning on the Indianapolis Colts, and they have no problem winning either, yet you're always whining about their pass blocking and receivers. In fact, THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

C'mon man.

Yeah, you put Manning on the Colts and the Colts are probably 13-3 this year even with their shitty pass blocking. Where have I denied that? Their pass blocking is some of the worst I've seen recently.