* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 106 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
FF does take some skill, but it is still mostly luck. Congrats on making it to the finals 3 years in a row, but the reason this happened is either:

a) statistical anomaly
b) playing against retards

It's not b, they all take it pretty seriously and are actively involved.

Regarding statistics, my team made the most moves of all teams with 30. A lot of those moves were based on news, injury, hedging on possibilities so that's where the skill part came in. My team only has 5 of the people I originally drafted. I agree there's a good amount of luck involved. But the only reason I am in the finals/playoffs was because of big moves in players and picking them up off waiver by outbidding everybody else.

The easiest example I can think of is picking up TY hilton early in the season because I'm a Colts fan and have seen what he can do, crazy fast. He's been money.

Jun 19, 2004
that was me. (made a come-from-behind win bc of Hernandez last week as well)

Nah, that was me. ;)

Posted 12-10-12: Now I only have a 3 point lead over my opponent. She's got Ridley tonight and I've got Hernandez. I'll be making some sacrifices to the FFL Gods today to secure a spot in round 2 of the playoffs.

Posted 12-11-12: Praise be to the FFL Gods! Hernandez tore it up for me. Opponent only had Ridley (who didn't slack obviously), but I won by 6!!! Week 2 playoffs, here I come! Just heal RG3 for me please.

Jun 19, 2004
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who has offered advice to me. I made the final round. My opponents team is beyond stacked (which is mostly my fault for trading her Cam and Megatron for RG3, back when they were in slumps).

Anyway, I never imagined I'd make it this far. And though I'd love to win, it's not going to sting so bad if I don't.

Thanks again to all who have helped! Who knew there could be a thread at ATOT where people actually get along???

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who has offered advice to me. I made the final round. My opponents team is beyond stacked (which is mostly my fault for trading her Cam and Megatron for RG3, back when they were in slumps).

Anyway, I never imagined I'd make it this far. And though I'd love to win, it's not going to sting so bad if I don't.

Thanks again to all who have helped! Who knew there could be a thread at ATOT where people actually get along???

You obviously were not in here last year. :D

KT

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004

Wow what an awesome trade D:

Jun 19, 2004
Haha, no kidding. Hopefully someone here was trying to talk you out of it man. :D

KT

I got a 50/50 mix here when I asked about that trade. IIRC, it was Eits who said "Cam and Megatron will blow up during the second half of the season. Don't make the trade.". I'm pretty sure it was him, could be wrong. Most everyone said she'd be the stupid one to take the trade. Oh well, hindsight's 20/20, right?

It's the only move I made this season that I have any form of regret over though, and only because it's coming back to bite me in the ass now. At the time, I had already played the girl I traded with, and wasn't thinking I'd face her again.

Still, I'm happy with RG3. Even in his current condition. He's my most favorite "cornball brother"! (That's said with sarcasm. I think Rob Parker should be fired for that shit.)

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Even though I had Russell Wilson (thanks to you guys) I still lost no thanks to Alexander getting a giant ZERO and Cruz apparently got injured early so that flopped. Oh and Jaquizz Rodgers even though he was on a team that scored like crazy they barely gave him the ball.. FML.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I got a 50/50 mix here when I asked about that trade. IIRC, it was Eits who said "Cam and Megatron will blow up during the second half of the season. Don't make the trade.". I'm pretty sure it was him, could be wrong. Most everyone said she'd be the stupid one to take the trade. Oh well, hindsight's 20/20, right?

It's the only move I made this season that I have any form of regret over though, and only because it's coming back to bite me in the ass now. At the time, I had already played the girl I traded with, and wasn't thinking I'd face her again.

Still, I'm happy with RG3. Even in his current condition. He's my most favorite "cornball brother"! (That's said with sarcasm. I think Rob Parker should be fired for that shit.)

That's rough! Well good luck with it. I was very high on Cam for the second half; I traded for him in one of my leagues and was happy to have him. I've been worried about Bobert Griffin getting injured all year, so was never all that confident in him sustaining his torrid pace.

No, haha, I wasn't. That brutal, huh?

Yeah, serious business! :D

KT

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Even though I had Russell Wilson (thanks to you guys) I still lost no thanks to Alexander getting a giant ZERO and Cruz apparently got injured early so that flopped. Oh and Jaquizz Rodgers even though he was on a team that scored like crazy they barely gave him the ball.. FML.

rodgers is the biggest jocktease of fantasy football...

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

yeah, what a dumb motherfucker who only works to perpetuate negative stereotypes of black people. unreal what he said. i remember watching that and my jaw dropping... very glad stephen a. was like "um... wow... you're on your own, dude."

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Dear Titans D,

Help me out in the 2nd half please. kthxbai

Z0JMR.jpg

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Pretty crazy, my buddy was up by 2 points with his opponent coming into the game with Bironas. Bironas got two points so the game is tied, they both have a tied head to head matchup in the season and my buddy wins due to playoff seeding (he is 4th, opponent 5th). Does not get much closer than that

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Pretty crazy, my buddy was up by 2 points with his opponent coming into the game with Bironas. Bironas got two points so the game is tied, they both have a tied head to head matchup in the season and my buddy wins due to playoff seeding (he is 4th, opponent 5th). Does not get much closer than that

damn, that's rough

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Damn, one run from CJ and I get the win. Two finals match-ups this week, woohoo! :awe:

How is Sanchez still the starting QB for the Jets? Unbelievable.

KT