***Official*** 2009 Stock Market Thread

Page 87 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrYogi

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
I think the market will tank from here on for a few days.

I am not able to decide if I should I sell and take the losses or wait for the gains.

I have lot of $$ in AAPL and RMBS. :(

My account is in big negative now.

snoopdoug1

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: MrYogi

I am not able to decide if I should I sell and take the losses or wait for the gains.

I'd wait. That's what I'm doing. It'd suck if you missed the rally due to the wash sale rule :(

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: MrYogi

I'm treating this as an opportunity to start buying in some more. :)

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
so glad i got off of RMBS when it was at 18.5ish. i'm so sick and tired of that stock, it's done nothing but provide anticlimaxes for the 10 montsh i've had them.

Azurik

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: zimu
so glad i got off of RMBS when it was at 18.5ish. i'm so sick and tired of that stock, it's done nothing but provide anticlimaxes for the 10 montsh i've had them.

In 1 year, the stock has gone up 126% and there's been plenty of places one could have traded given its votility. If you think RMBS is boring and anti-climatic, I'm not sure what kind of stocks you were used to. I had warned it's going to stick to a relative range until the trials kick off. Stocks of companies in litigation moves quickly and one needs to be kept updated of the events, but you need to realize the legal system in America moves slow.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Looks like this rally is over. I'm seeing red all across the board. Visa is the only bright spot in my portfolio.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Originally posted by: hiromizu
Originally posted by: Lothar

Each time I want to sell all my stock, but I panic and hit the freeze button due to tax puropses.

Yea I'm hurtin from that as well.

Not ALL my stocks.
Just ALL my ACF stock.

I have absolutely no reason to sell JNJ, GILD, TEVA, ESRX, AXP and many others that I already own.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
anyone has any Geta.ob? They are releasing the results of AGENDA Phase 3 Trial of Genasense tomorrow morning at 8am....The fact that they are releasing the news pre-market, could it be good news? I bought 2800shares @ 64cents today. Good luck.

The-Noid

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Covered AAPL @ 187. Sold VIX calls 200% profit.

Sold SPY calls at a loss, but was needed to hedge the position.

May sell some VXN calls later today if the market fails into the close.

snoopdoug1

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2002
anyone has any Geta.ob? They are releasing the results of AGENDA Phase 3 Trial of Genasense tomorrow morning at 8am....The fact that they are releasing the news pre-market, could it be good news? I bought 2800shares @ 64cents today. Good luck.

looks like it wasn't good news :-(

I've lost a nice chunk on GNVC - we'll see where it goes I guess.

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000

*chuckle* Hehe...That actually put a smile on my face when reading that.
Don't expect much from RMBS anytime soon...They'll likely still be battling it out in court for the next decade.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Thank god ATOT is back, I was having withdrawals...

tell me about it. and about freakin' time to move to vbulletin, i was so sick of fusetalk. it'd never take me to the right spot when revisiting a thread so i'd have to dig again to find the last unread post!

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
looks like it wasn't good news :-(

I've lost a nice chunk on GNVC - we'll see where it goes I guess.

GNVC will hit one day, we are just too early to the party. I am hoping the stock will stay under a buck for the next 6 to 12months, so I will have plenty of time to accumulate. My goal is to own at least 50k-100k shares within the next 6-12months. I own 15700 shares right now, still a long way to go. If you are looking for quick cash, this isn't the stock for that, unless we hear some unexpected news like partnership, etc, my guess is that the stock price won't have much movement for the next 6months.

snoopdoug1

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2002
GNVC will hit one day, we are just too early to the party. I am hoping the stock will stay under a buck for the next 6 to 12months, so I will have plenty of time to accumulate. My goal is to own at least 50k-100k shares within the next 6-12months. I own 15700 shares right now, still a long way to go. If you are looking for quick cash, this isn't the stock for that, unless we hear some unexpected news like partnership, etc, my guess is that the stock price won't have much movement for the next 6months.

Right - unless there is some GREAT news w/ the 184th event. Unfortunately I bought at the high. Oh well!

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
it's got a cancer drug that cured one dude of pancreatic cancer and had people begging for it. i've starting to sell my index positions for ammunition.

snoopdoug1

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2002

We're up ~33% premarket today. FDA granted "orphan status" for TNFerade.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...drug-designation-for-tnferadetm-69065847.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphan_drug